UKBouldering.com

Last Great Boulder Projects (Read 17413 times)

dave

#25 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 07, 2004, 02:17:18 pm
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
Quote from: "dave"

If you ever decide to go back there and develop it let me know, i'm mad keen. Dangerous Dave first told me about it so i though the crag could be named in his honour on a gaelic tip, called "Craig David".

Word!
 Will have to do a raid over there sometime. Often dry over there when the peak is wet. Also just remembered another crag over there, brilliant thing, like cragx with a few more holds, sadly its in someones garden, but it has a few bolt-on holds on it, so you never know, it might be a climber-friendly household!

yeah i know the one - with like half a shed built underneath it for the guy to park his trailer in! very clean rock anall as i remember.

dangerous also told me there was some crag the other side of RA over by the water treatment thing or whatever it was. we had a half assed attempt to find it but in the end we gave up looking.

Paz

• junky
#26 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 07, 2004, 02:27:40 pm
The other side of Gypsy lane, on the same side of the River as RA crags?  They're shite, and are a bit too close to maltby for my liking, but bizarrely had a bit of chalk on.

dave

#27 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 07, 2004, 02:44:23 pm
that would explain why we didn't find them that time cuz we were on t'other side of t'river. Are these what are colloquially known as "maltby crags"?

Paz

• junky
#28 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 07, 2004, 03:55:54 pm
As far as I remember, 'the crags' are basically a scrublandy meadow on a slope close to Maltby Comp, with scrappy bit's of rock stickking out of the grass occasionally.  They're a few miles further along.  Family friend was a teacher there who often used to hear 'Oh, he's gone down the crags sir'.  So they are very popular for smoking, drinking and shooting up, as well as blackberries (which I can vouch for).

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 07, 2004, 03:57:39 pm
Quote from: "Paz"
So they are very popular for smoking, drinking and shooting up, as well as blackberries (which I can vouch for).

What sort of sick drug cocktail is "blackberries" then?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#30 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 09:53:50 am
Huge dyno on the back of The Tank (?) at Wimberry?

dave

#31 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 09:58:07 am
i assume ite been done by someone (i've seen people come close), but if not theres that brushed 1move problem beneath the photograph at stanage - 2 brushed crimps and a massive slap for a jug. anyone know the 2-11 on this one?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#32 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 10:33:35 am
pretty sure it ain't been done. I've seen some pretty strong types try too. One for floppy I reckon - get yer arse over here man!

dave

#33 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 10:37:17 am
i think i once saw either huffy/scut/someone like that tag the top. would have thought some strong machine like andy brown, malc, mooner or vickerz etc would have iced it by now!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#34 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 10:40:53 am
u pre-emptied me. been done, my arse. even my birds dog has come close, this is no use to anybody. has anyone felt the finishing jug which won't be a jug as soon as someone puts their digits on it under any speed. we'll say no more about it mr. brown.  :wink:

wot's weather like over there? is there any point comin over later :?:

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#35 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 11:16:03 am
I was under the impression that John Welford had done this - or maybe he just said he'd tried it, shit my memory is fading...

I thought it was a pretty shite looking thing, compared say to the magnificent direct start to NTBTA :wink:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#36 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 11:29:16 am
just for the record, I don't think its particularly inspiring either. But neither is your 'gap' on the grand hotel :wink:

In terms of really inspiring stuff, the Burbage south groove has already been mentioned. This already gives a classic prob up the arete, using the groove for the left hand, but defo avoiding the main issue.

One of the best lines was the wall at Chevin west, tho I heard its been done. Anyone know any more??

wot's weather like over there? is there any point comin over later

No.  :evil: Its pissin down, n is expected to continue. How is it feelin to have given two fingers to 'the man' ?? :321:

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#37 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 08, 2004, 12:01:38 pm
The one-mover round the front of the photograph hasn't been done yet, unless John W has done it very recently. Both of us have had our hand over the top but not held it, which is odd because the top is massive, and very positive. I'd forgotton about this, so I might have another go, but as has already been pointed out, it's not that great.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#38 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 09, 2004, 08:56:01 pm
Sit start to Gibby Haines at Gibb Tor linked with the monstrous dyno that lurks above - might have been done already by some bouncy sod. Super direct to Boothill Arete at Cratcliffe is an awesome looking thing, but truely desperate. Impossible Groove at Burbage south is certainly the best unclimbed line I've seen in the Peak, and has seen action from all the usual aray of waddage, even including a travelling Muaro Calibani who spent a while trying it and thought it was a truely great line, although obviously its brick hard! The last big unclimbed scoop next to Monk Life at Kyloe-In.....to name a few! Theres a lot of stuff to do out there........

tc

• junky
#39 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 10, 2004, 10:59:43 am
...in Cumbria! :wink:

Pie Boy

#40 Last Great Boulder Projects
January 11, 2004, 01:28:40 pm
What about the direct start to Ralph at Caley Crag?

Rich

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#41 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 11:17:46 am

As for good hard projects:
   Super steep arete right of Purple Haze - Rivelin.

One down still quite a few to go.

mark

• forum abuser
#42 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:08:21 pm

Purple Haze? Is that the name of the traverse? Or is it something else?

Were you part of the team out yesterday? I was the one who wasn't JW. Very good effort by your mate. What's he calling it again?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#43 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:14:56 pm
Quote from: "mark"

Were you part of the team out yesterday? I was the one who wasn't JW. Very good effort by your mate. What's he calling it again?

Master Kush

mark

• forum abuser
#44 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:15:27 pm

Ignore me, haven't been paying attention and hadn't seen the thread on this in the news forum.

billy

• regular
#45 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:16:11 pm
What about the wall left of careless torque??????

Holds on there, but its gunna be hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doylo

• forum hero
#46 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:23:32 pm

Ignore me, haven't been paying attention and hadn't seen the thread on this in the news forum.

Hi mark, i was out yesterday, let us know if John gets round to repeating it. Would be cool to hear what he thinks.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#47 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:24:31 pm
Somebody was talking about this on CT t'other day - apparantly it's been done on a rope at 7c/+ or thereabouts?

mark

• forum abuser
#48 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:34:39 pm
Quote from: "Chris Doyle"

Hi mark, i was out yesterday, let us know if John gets round to repeating it. Would be cool to hear what he thinks.

Will do. I'll definitely be going back. Purple Haze looks good though don't think it's worth me trying Master Kush until I've spent a couple of winters on the campus board and the arm-stretching machine.  :wink:

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#49 Last Great Boulder Projects
February 24, 2004, 12:37:27 pm
Quote from: "Chris Doyle"

Will do. I'll definitely be going back. Purple Haze looks good though don't think it's worth me trying Master Kush until I've spent a couple of winters on the campus board and the arm-stretching machine.  :wink:

Is this the equivalent of an internet Black Hole?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal