UKBouldering.com

Past Gibb Tor (Read 1862 times)

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
Past Gibb Tor
May 11, 2007, 08:14:24 am
I was sat under the baldstones traverse last night looking toward Gibb Tor and noticed another crag in the distance, it was about the same distance past Gibb Tor as Gibb Tor is past the baldstones. Anyone know what it is or if we can climb it? Cheers

(woz)

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Past Gibb Tor
May 11, 2007, 09:54:12 am
I don't know the access situation, but I have climbed there in the past (If I'm thinking of the right place). From what I remember there is a path which runs reasonably close. The problems are OK, but nothing spectacular. Good hanging arete at the left hand side of the crag.

I parked near the house with the huge boulder in the garden.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#2 Re: Past Gibb Tor
May 11, 2007, 10:12:40 am
Cheers mate im goin back to the baldstones tonight try and link the middle of the traverse i will go and have a look.

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#3 Re: Past Gibb Tor
May 11, 2007, 09:47:34 pm
if its the crag behind ann head farm, then its banned (never been too sure if this is what is called flash bottom rocks in all the guides) - it is a shame and I've had a climb too, back in the day, crunched about on some good aretes and a nice roof if my memory serves, but also met mr ann head farm and it wasn't pleasant!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#4 Re: Past Gibb Tor
May 11, 2007, 10:13:15 pm
I use to climb there alot about 4 years ago, never had any problems, just dont be to obvious like carying a triple XL for what i remember a few good mid grade problems

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal