UKBouldering.com

maximum pull up weight (Read 2146 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
maximum pull up weight
January 03, 2004, 10:36:43 pm
This is in shooting the shit and not training because it's just a bit of a laugh...

So, you think you're strong?  You can do one armers, well, try this.  We were messing about the other night, and decided to see how much weight we could attach and still do a pull up.  Since we didn't have any weights, we just used each other.  I weight about 11st6lbs and I added a "weight" of about 9st6lbs, so all in all about 21st.  I could just about get half way through a pull up!  The other lads tried it and couldn't get any closer... try it, it's pretty funny.  

Also, we thought we'd try to see how much weight you can deadhand with.  This meant that i had 2 people hanging off me, a total of about 20st.  That felt ok, but obviously i couldn't even begin to do a pull up.  So, what can you do?  Be interesting to see, and funny to try...

peace.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 12:18:34 am
I'm not suprised you are injured :nade:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 09:11:12 am
My old best used to be powerpulls with 103lbs.

At that weight I could only do one rep, but that was from fully locked out to fully "chinned up" on one of those doorway bars (you should have seen it bend  :shock: ), so I guess that would have been (given my weight at the time) 18stone 12lbs.

Wish I was still that strong!

But, if you want some real strong boys, read this:

http://www.girevikmagazine.com/eight/chinninggreats.htm

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#3 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 03:44:56 pm
That article is quality.  I still can't do one arm front levers, and don't seem to be getting any closer either. :cry:

My best pull up on a lat pull down machine was 130kgs, which was at the time over double my body weight.  I've also done one chin-up with my girlfriend hanging off me, she's about 60kgs and floating atound the 65kgs.

dave

#4 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 05:42:00 pm
Quote from: "T.H."
I've also done one chin-up with my girlfriend hanging off me,

hanging off you where?

:wink:  :lol:  :wink:

dave

#5 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 05:44:21 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
But, if you want some real strong boys, read this:

http://www.girevikmagazine.com/eight/chinninggreats.htm

Jasper: I once picked up a 90 pound person with my legs and did an Iron Cross. I also held an Iron Cross with one finger on each ring. I used to do a stunt where I stood on a platform with a hangman's noose around my neck. When the platform was removed and I was falling, I would catch the rope above my head and do a one arm pull-up. I removed the noose with my free hand and then climb up the rope in front lever position

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#6 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 05:50:59 pm
Quote from: "dave"
hanging off you where?

Nowhere exciting, but she did twat her knee on the door frame in which the pull-up bar was fixed, which was funny. :D  :D  :D

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 05:53:54 pm
Quote from: "T.H."
My best pull up on a lat pull down machine was 130kgs, which was at the time over double my body weight.

Machines don't count - some of them are *way* too optimistic.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#8 maximum pull up weight
January 04, 2004, 07:18:01 pm
That sounds like fightin' talk!  

Soon as I get back from my trip to Edinburgh (a nice romantic few days away with the bird, but I'm sure I'll squeeze in a visit to the Alien2 centre) I'll find myself enough weight to double my weight and then crank off some pull-ups. :twisted:   :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal