UKBouldering.com

Pebble Wall - almscliff (Read 4653 times)

LJ

• addict
Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 28, 2003, 06:56:25 pm
Please help!!!!!! Have been trying this problem for the last year or so and have tried so many variations on it and am not really getting anywhere, so easy to get that top pebble, but that last few inches is so far away. I dont know of anyone who has done it, and looking at a few scorecards on 8a i havent seen it once. Its just hard! Please tell me how you have done it and stop me tearing my hair out!

dave

#1 Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 28, 2003, 09:52:51 pm
never done it, but isn't the trick summert about getting your left heel on that scoop in the break and rotating your foot outwards?

LJ

• addict
#2 Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 29, 2003, 06:48:14 pm
Yeah have tried that way didnt seem to work, but then again where are your hands supposed to be cos i think i must have tried every sequence of hand movements wi this ridiculous problem too.

by the way did u get owt else done at Cratcliffe after we left?

dave

#3 Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 29, 2003, 08:04:15 pm
went over to t-crack but thankfully the top sloper was sopping so i was spared the indignity of trying. jerry's had dry holds provided you could dodge the run-off - i couldn't. in the end did that little B8 arete (chipped footholds thing) again, took a couple of sunset photos innit.

Kim

• forum abuser
#4 Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 30, 2003, 12:44:05 am
you should (or the way I did it anyway) end up with your left heel in the cup thing in the break, left hand undercutting next to it, right hand holding pebble. Get all your weight over your left foot (twist your toe out like dave said, don't know why but it really helps) and yard on the pebble (can't remember what your right foots on - just dogging up the wall i think) and bring your left hand up (or go again with your right, some people do).

Tis a quality problem  :)

LJ

• addict
#5 Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 30, 2003, 09:14:29 pm
Ha! im sure its a very quality problemo once ive done it, as it stands it frustrates the tits off me! Right hand on the high pebble or the even smaller one lower down?

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#6 Pebble Wall - almscliff
December 31, 2003, 12:42:47 am
Quote from: "LJ"
Ha! im sure its a very quality problemo once ive done it, as it stands it frustrates the tits off me! Right hand on the high pebble or the even smaller one lower down?

think i used to use the high one then go again with my right - not too sure, it's been a few years since i've done it.

you'll be amazed how easy it feels to repeat when you've nailed it once

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#7 Pebble Wall - almscliff
January 14, 2004, 11:44:55 am
Me as got this totally wired and I ain't ever used no steeenkin heel.

Jam with left hand, right in crimp. Step right foot onto leftmost smear, left foot into break, with toe on cup bit. Turn left hand to undercut, get top pebble either pull through or go again with right to top.

Without pebbles, either dyno to top from same position, or use no-hold dish in a static stylee. All top fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal