UKBouldering.com

Mean Neighbours pegleg crushes Bishop LGP... (Read 6927 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Given the difficulty and height of the rest of the problem, is that like doing a sit start Font 8b into an E11 or something?? Impressive stuff...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
He suggested V16!  :o
http://www.bishopbouldering.blogspot.com/

I was chatting with Matt Birch about this a couple of years back when he was getting close to it himself. He seemed to think it would weight in at about V13. Interesting.

Paul B

• forum hero

I was chatting with Matt Birch about this a couple of years back when he was getting close to it himself. He seemed to think it would weight in at about V13. Interesting.

But yet not unsurprising...

The Sausage

• forum abuser

...perhaps Andy B & Tim P were right after all...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Considering the featherweight ex Spurs and England keeper's previous I'd trust his judgement on the grade whether he'd completed it or not.
 ;)

Looks amazing.

cofe

• forum hero
i'll back P-Rob on this one too.

Doylo

• forum hero
yeh got to be harder than V13, robinson laps those up wherever he goes, i'll give him 14/15. It is easter after all  ;D

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Blah blah Gaskins blah blah Shadowplay etc.  ;)

Doylo

• forum hero
Gaskins problems would undoubtedly get very lofty grades elsewhere.  We won't know their true grades unless until the big numbers brigade come and try them (unlikely). Dave Graham was taken to Little font by Leo Houlding when in Britain, he went to see Shadowplay but Leo didn't know where the lines went. Speaking to Dave it sounded like he was shown Torniquet (8a or 8a+), he commented that it actually looked quite easy for 8c  :-\. He didn't even notice Shadowplay. Having said all that the world is a big place and the hardest problems are now weighing in at 8c+. Robinson and Woods climb a lot everywhere (although they seem to be avoiding font???) so their grading must be regarded to be on the money.  Well more so than the steel fingered monster climbing in isolation in the South Lakes! 

Bernard Jefferies

When I was in Joe's Valley last year a few mates saw him climb The Masterpiece, supposedly 8B. He did in a few goes apparently.  I guess if hes working something for a long period of time it could potentially be 8C or above.  Who knows or cares to be honest.....it's hard

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Can I get serious and propose E9 7c?  :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: fuck it was only a joke.

Actually Bernard I don't think that holds true, there have been many occasions where a new sequence is found ref Brad Pitt and even where the FA has failed to notice a hold thus resulting in a duff sequence and a massive down grade which if memory serves happens to even the waddliest font guru.

Bernard Jefferies

Yeah I see your point and you may well be right, time will tell.  More importantly though I think the grade of E9 7c should hold true instead!! 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
E10 at least.

Sloper

• forum hero
You can only give something E10 when the massed punters on Cocktalk have voted on the subject.

Dems da rools, fool.

Stubbs

there have been many occasions where a new sequence is found ref Brad Pitt and even where the FA has failed to notice a hold thus resulting in a duff sequence and a massive down grade which if memory serves happens to even the waddliest font guru.

To be honest this is pretty rare in Bishop due to the nature of the rock, the only example I can think of is Soulslinger, where if you climb the original line it's 7B+, but if you climb it using the slopers to the right which aren't at all obvious it's 7A+.  There are no other holds to find on this bit of rock, and it's very steep.  It must be hard to psyche yourself up for the crux knowing you've got to climb the death slab if you manage it!

Sloper

• forum hero
I've not been to Bishop so I'll take your word for it.

Are there any significant Bishop downgrades?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog

cofe

• forum hero
fair play. he's articulated the logic pretty well there.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I concur.

cofe

• forum hero
he's also demonstrated over the last few years that he has the requisite skills to pay the bills, as some might say. punter, he's not.

dave

That's all well and good but I'll never forgive him for setting fire to Lassiters.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Always felt a bit sorry for him for this though......

chriss

• obsessive maniac
Being a sad English tourist with a TV loving girlfriend I went to Ramsey street last week and actually saw Paul Robinson with Mrs Kennedy- to be honest he didn't look like an 8c+ crusher to me........

chummer

• forum abuser
I don't know where he gets the time what with Neighbours and playing in his band an all.

MorganW

• regular
"Since I climbed my first v15's, Jade in late 2007 and Terremer in early 2008, a lot of time has passed. Since the day that I climbed terremer until the other day I had not sent a climb that was rated the same grade or harder. I have climbed well over 500 days since the day that i climbed terremer"

hell of a lot of climbing!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal