UKBouldering.com

First climbing holiday where 2 go??? (Read 3144 times)

buttmunch

First climbing holiday where 2 go???
March 11, 2010, 11:28:21 am
Going to making our first climbing holiday abroad,
 by the time we go we would have been climbing a year (so nothing to extreme)
 not a lot of money so anyone got any good ideas?
 aiming for June so preferably no deserts lol
so if anyone knows a awesome place for the first trip any ideas would be a good start!
 thanks a bunch k

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I appreciate you want advice on a holiday, but "for sale/wanted" is a strange choice of forums, particularly given the abroad section!

What sort of climbing do you want to be doing?  Bouldering, Sport routes, Trad (single or multi), DWS or a mixture?  This can have a big influence on the choices of where to go, as can budget ("not a lot of money" is a rather ambiguous and subjective phrase).

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
go to font

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :agree:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
FONTAINEBLEAU!!!!

buttmunch

thankyou for moving my post, im really sorry, i was looking at the abroad bit and then forgot i had change to the for sale bit lol (wot a twat i feel) lol
anyway thankyou Font has played on my mind a few times but not looked to see if there is any sport climbing there? to answer that question as well! bouldering good and would really love to sport climb at our first away destination!
really liked the idea of deep water soloing in thialand but £500 for flights is a bit much for me really i reckon i will have about £300-£400 total!

so to sum up £300-£400, anywhere, sport or dws, june ish and really sorry for the cock up with the post!

thanks again guys k

underground

• forum hero
How you intend to get around whilst there would be useful info too buttmunch (mind if I just call you k?) - i.e. if you can / want to drive to somewhere like font and camp cheaply, vs. flying somewhere for fuck all and hiring a car (I once had a week in El Chorro for £160 for flights, car hire and camping) - or if you aren't in a position to drive, ensuring a spot where the costs of getting there and accommodation are balanced with easy access to the crags or boulders. A cheap flight could be a waste of coin of you can't hitch to the rocks easily - I once ended up in Rathdrum, near Dublin and had to spend 4 days cunted in the boozer when the road was empty of cars friendly to hitchers, the Wicklow Mountains were actually miles away, they'd never seen a bus, and the daily train went from Dun Laoghaire to Rosslare and back and there were no sideways diversions. I mention this because I thought we'd be in 'the heart of the stunning Wicklow mountains' as described in the brochure - we would have been easily with a motor vehicle, but without even a place to hire one, Messrs Guinness and Power's won the day. We did make it to Glendalough in the end, thank fuck.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
i thought through the requirements for your trip and had a think back to the euro venues i have been to in the last few years and one place springs to mind, font, GO TO FONT ;)

Paul B

• forum hero
I hate to say this but:

Spain - Margalef, should be doable within your budget. If you hire a car there's a free area for camping etc. marked in the guide. There's lots of easy stuff however the routes aren't the most stunning to look at.

France - Buoux or Chateauvert. Similar situation to above apart from camping. Both have campsites that are relatively cheap. For buoux there is two, one of which is better.

Font is great for bouldering but as you might have guessed there's no sport climbing there.

Plattsy

• forum hero

"Computer says Font"
:shrug:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl

Font is great for bouldering but as you might have guessed there's no sport climbing there.

wrong we have loads http://www.grimporama.com/francais/reportage/jyd-fauvettes/juin2008-nvelles-voies.pdf    ;D

inn wislon

• regular
    • I'll get you, Butler!
feck me....stuff cuvier for the next trip...I'm going to the bridge, it's like a dream come true.....

ps... I vote Font, sport climbing is for sissies.....

buttmunch

How you intend to get around whilst there would be useful info too buttmunch (mind if I just call you k?) ......................
thanks and yeah of course call me k, im sorry to say but ur story amused me muchly!!! lol thankyou for the adive all of this is very helpfull! can drive so either hire or drive from here not a problem. thanks given m alot to think about any further info greatly welcome! thanks again k

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
please stop typing "lol" unless you are infact krusy the clown
otherwise I'll have to start calling you fartknocker or dillhole

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
lol

buttmunch

ok not the help i was looking for but shall no longer write that sorry, advice taken! k

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal