the shizzle > new problems

New subject title protocol for easier future searching

(1/6) > >>

shark:
Whoops didnt realise this was up already.

Bubba suggested that this could be a useful future resource but only if people can find the information within it.

If we can establish a naming protocol in the topic title so that it is more easily searchable in the future:

e.g.

[area] [crag] [grade] problem name

so topic titles would look something like:

[Peak] [Burbage West] [7a] My Amazing new Problem
[Dartmoor] [Hound Tor] [6b] Hand Shredder
etc

At least that way people could use the search facility to easily find stuff for the area they're interested in. Using "[Peak]" instead of "Peak" would help narrow the search down ever further and not just return everything mentioning Peak throughout the forum.

Bonjoy:
Sounds sensible. Could be a bit long winded though if you are reporting several things at several crags at once.

shark:

--- Quote from: Bonjoy on March 16, 2010, 08:47:35 am ---Sounds sensible. Could be a bit long winded though if you are reporting several things at several crags at once.

--- End quote ---

Yes I saw that you had done a few. Once the backlog is out the way hopefully single problems will get reported as peeps do them. We can alter subject titles retrospectively so if a name isnt thought up or grade unsure then it can go in as [Peak] [Burbage West] [7a/ish] No name yet and potentially be altered afterwards

dave:
[potentially] [useful] [but] [looks] [ridiculous].

How about having a seperate keywords field?

GCW:
Is it too much to have area sub-topics in the New Problems folder?

Or would the wiki be a place to record new problems?
Although I still can't log into it   :furious:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version