UKBouldering.com

Anubis winter (Read 10637 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#25 Re: Anubis winter
March 01, 2010, 08:15:16 pm

Edit: no chillax, it is as far from the truth as possible.  But as utterly false correct as saying someone is a fool for moving to the Peak in summer and not wanting to climb sport climb limestone there boulder on Kudos Wall.

:agree:  :P

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: Anubis winter
March 09, 2010, 08:49:40 am
http://davemacleod.blogspot.com/2010/03/tempest-in-teacup.html

Then he "onsights" Tempest. To be honest way he did it sounds scarier than running it out.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#27 Re: Anubis winter
March 09, 2010, 10:21:46 am
Sounds crazy doesn't it. He must have been gripped already to not consider just getting it done.

chris05

• forum abuser
#28 Re: Anubis winter
March 09, 2010, 11:15:17 am
I love the fact that Dave's response to all the armchair critics (i.e. cocktalk) isn't to enter into an argument with them but instead to get on with some amazing climbing. Impressive stuff. :great:

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
#29 Re: Anubis winter
March 09, 2010, 11:44:39 am
Indeed, amazing effort.

It seems that there is no arguing with that knobend Haston, who just repeats the same thing ad nauseum regardless of others reasoned arguments, so this is the best thing Dave can do really.

In fairness, most on ukc seem to support Dave.

chris05

• forum abuser
#30 Re: Anubis winter
March 09, 2010, 12:07:06 pm
yes you are right they do, I'm falling into the trap of slagging ukc when ever possible (a popular and worthwile pastime i think!). My point was supposed to be about the amount of time spent discussing/criticising other people's climbing when ideally we should all just get out climbing more...... however i then realised that I am involved in one of these discussions and will now shut up.... ;)

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
#31 Re: Anubis winter
March 10, 2010, 02:00:01 pm
yes you are right they do, I'm falling into the trap of slagging ukc when ever possible (a popular and worthwile pastime i think!). My point was supposed to be about the amount of time spent discussing/criticising other people's climbing when ideally we should all just get out climbing more...... however i then realised that I am involved in one of these discussions and will now shut up.... ;)

Making a point on a climbing forum a point you've made (on a climbing forum) about people making points on a climbing forum? So postmodern... meta-chat. Nice.  ;D

Respect to Dave. Establishing a very hard route in summer then making the second ascent as a super-hard first winter ascent is damn cool.  :jaw:
I'm sure he wouldn't want to trash it for future ascentionists so I think the whole discussion is a bit of a storm in a teacup. Very apt to onsight Tempest as a response. Love his beasty downclimb skills.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#32 Re: Anubis winter
March 10, 2010, 02:56:47 pm
Very apt to onsight Tempest as a response.

Was it a response? was there a causal link? or was it that he was psyched for it anyway while it was in-condition as I think they call it in iceaxaineering circles.

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
#33 Re: Anubis winter
March 11, 2010, 12:39:30 pm
Very apt to onsight Tempest as a response.

Was it a response? was there a causal link? or was it that he was psyched for it anyway while it was in-condition as I think they call it in iceaxaineering circles.

Who knows the mind of MacLeod? But whether Anubis was 'in condition' is the cause of the debate - getting on another route and onsighting in similar conditions can be interpreted as a response of sorts.

Though conversationally it would be a bit like:
MacLeod: I just crushed a this hard winter route that I established as a summer route.
Haters: Oh but it wasn't in condition meeeeeeeeeew x 300
MacLeod: I just crushed this hard winter route too, after downclimbing nearly the whole thing to preserve the onsight.

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
#34 Re: Anubis winter
March 11, 2010, 12:48:57 pm
Though conversationally it would be a bit like:
MacLeod: I just crushed a this hard winter route that I established as a summer route.
Haters: Oh but it wasn't in condition meeeeeeeeeew x 300
MacLeod: I just crushed this hard winter route too, after downclimbing nearly the whole thing to preserve the onsight.

Haters: Yeah, but you watched Neil top roping it 9 years ago so you lost the onsight. Plus you downclimbed to the ground so you well and truly blew it. Here have some rime tinted spectacles from my blog.  :wank:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#35 Re: Anubis winter
March 11, 2010, 12:52:05 pm
Stevie would be on here offering you out for a smashed face if we hadn't upset him so much that he refuses to post on here any more.
 :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal