UKBouldering.com

David's Traverse (Read 1245 times)

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
David's Traverse
March 09, 2010, 05:22:32 pm
Bit confused as to what 'in' towards the end of this. There's a little flake emerging from the ground that looks in a bad way and then there's the small ramp just a little more right - any ideas!?

I've tried this prob by dropping down onto the crimp and then turning foot to outside edge and trying to match and then go right to side pull and then cross over to the jug. Right  :shrug:

ta

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
#1 Re: David's Traverse
March 09, 2010, 05:39:55 pm
PS worst tick marks i've even seen on this problem when i checked it out. Cant for the life of me think why they were there, all hand holds are a) obvious and b) at eye level... wtf.

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#2 Re: David's Traverse
March 09, 2010, 07:14:34 pm
I was trying this the other day, I presumed that the abused little flake was out. The way I've done the final drop down move is to match the high edge, inside of R foot on the good foothold, L foot on the good edges for your feet out left. Drop RH down the RH side of the low edge (I left this ticked for my returning visit, obviously you found it  :-[). Turn that left foot into a toe scum then drop the LH down next to your RH. Pull up change R foot to outside edge and finish.

Hope thats clear.  :shrug:

P.s. I ticked the hand holds to mark the best place to hold them. I found it needed to be quite precise. I would have cleaned them off had i done the problem but intended to return tomorrow to finish it off.  I expect a  :spank:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:26:43 pm by clgladiator »

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
#3 Re: David's Traverse
March 09, 2010, 09:31:34 pm
Ha, well its all nice and clean for your next visit!

Sounds like you've got it sorted. I too was leaving out the flake but also decided the mini ramp was out - maybe making it harder than it should be...

Good luck

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#4 Re: David's Traverse
March 09, 2010, 10:03:27 pm
by mini ramp do you mean the big bit of rock in the floor? I decided that was out as well. I've been only using features on the face itself.

Cool, I probably should have cleaned it. I did take a photo so that I kinda know roughly where it goes. I'll make sure I clean them off next time  :ang:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal