places to visit > indoor walls

Beastmakers for The Arch fund

(1/6) > >>

JamesD:
After getting my grubby little mitts on a couple they have on the shop wall in The Arch, I think Le Beastmakers are frickin awesome and it would be great if they replaced The Metolius simulator thingy (and maybe later on the moon fingerboard too), for one or both of The Beastmakers.
I noticed a certain someone started a post on Facebook about chipping in some cash for one at The Arch, since I don't have facebook and no doubt there are other people out there who are unable to respond to this, how about a post here if you are willing to chip in.

Put me down for a Fiver for each board or a tenner for one also :)

slackline:
WTF!!!  :o

The ARch appears to be a commercial venture, you pay for the use of training facilities at their premises.  You don't take your own set of holds down to use there, you use whats there.  If you think they should have a Beastmaker for training I don't see why you should have to fund it yourselves, speak to the owners or put suggestsions in the feedback that they should get them, they have plenty of profit from your entry fees, and a savvy company should listen to their customers and re-invest in areas that need improving.

I bet the owners of The Arch were rubbing their hands with glee when (if?) they saw the Farcebook thing!!!

JamesD:
Fair point ... those beastmakers are proper plush though, and I really don't fancy the hassle of mounting one at home in a rented property....

slackline:

--- Quote from: JamesD on March 10, 2010, 12:20:22 pm ---Fair point ... those beastmakers are proper plush though, and I really don't fancy the hassle of mounting one at home in a rented property....

--- End quote ---
They don't have to be mounted, you can use a power bar (which fits braced in a door frame, see pic) and have the beastmaker mounted onto some plywood with hooks/slots that attach to this.

There are pics and more detailed descriptions somewhere in what used to be a thread with advice on building a woody which I now can't find under the new forum layout.  Some people had concerns about damage to side walls, but again I can't find the thread.

JamesD:
I mean, I am more concerned about my door frames ability to tolerate a 6 foot 2 103kg man mountain hanging from it?

:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version