UKBouldering.com

Huntley & Carr (Read 3854 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Huntley & Carr
December 04, 2003, 10:01:26 pm
So, whadya reckon?

Personally I just don't see Huntley's version of events as very convincing - can you accidentally suffocate one child whilst not rescuing another from a shallow bath? Naaah, can't see it myself.

But what about old Maxine? I half feel sorry for her but is she as innocent as she claims?

dave

#1 Huntley & Carr
December 04, 2003, 10:11:12 pm
to me, huntley seems as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of shit.

i remember at the time there was a suggestion that H-note is some kinda jealous tyranical control freak, and that he did't like the fact them kids were friendly with his bitach so he slotted them - however i dunno why its not mentioned at the moment, probably as not to prejudice the trial or summert like that. i think carr is just unfortunate to be a bollock-whipped reluctant accomplice.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Huntley & Carr
December 04, 2003, 10:17:01 pm
It's hard to imagine anyone being *that* jealous, but it's a good point.

One thing that I remember seeing, but that hasn't been mentioned since is the report of our Ian & Maxine standing at the back of his car with the boot open. He was ashen faced and she was crying - bit odd that I thought.

I reckon he's going down, and let's face it, it's probably better for him that way.

Congratulations for the use of the term "bollock whipped"  :D

dave

#3 Huntley & Carr
December 04, 2003, 10:21:29 pm
yeah i can't see H-ball walking, he's gonna do time fo' sho'. Theres not a jury in the land that would buy his story. Its the greatest work of fiction since the last Rockfax comic-book.

I just figured there must be a masculine version of "pussy-whipped".

account_inactive

• forum hero
#4 Huntley & Carr
December 05, 2003, 10:21:54 am
I work around the corner from the Old bailey.  Weird walking passed as the paparazzi light up the front entrance with camera flashes.  Wondered wtf was going on.  I will give the TV cameras a wave for you  :D

Oh fuck smothered another one :bash:

Omega

• player
    • Powerband
#5 Huntley & Carr
December 05, 2003, 10:37:02 am
of course he'll be doing a lag anyways - after all he has admitted actually killing them so it'll be manslaughter if not random inexplicable homicide.  his story is so bad that it should be in OTE!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Huntley & Carr
December 17, 2003, 12:08:05 pm
Verdict is double murder - he goin' down. What a shame.

dave

#7 Huntley & Carr
December 17, 2003, 12:10:37 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3312551.stm

and it looks like he might well have had a history of kiddy fiddling.

i bet he's going to get some right shit inside.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 Huntley & Carr
December 17, 2003, 12:10:58 pm
"As the verdicts came in, it emerged that Huntley had been accused of underage sexual relations several times when he lived in Grimsby in the late 1990s.

One of his alleged victims was a young girl, 11, who claimed to be indecently assaulted by a man called Ian when she was 10 years old.

Huntley, who was living in her street at the time, was arrested but never prosecuted. "

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 Huntley & Carr
December 17, 2003, 12:13:05 pm
He'll be segragated for his own safety but it must be said, his prospects of staying alive over a life sentence aren't good.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 Huntley & Carr
December 17, 2003, 12:19:25 pm
How does somebody who's had many previous allegations of underage sex get to work in a school? For fucks sake  :roll:

Kim

• forum abuser
#11 Huntley & Carr
December 17, 2003, 12:48:20 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3313303.stm

looks like there were loads of fuck ups all round.

the papers'll have a field day.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#12 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 11:35:44 am
I do feel a bit for the Maxine. I believe her when she says that Hunters said he thought they would fit him up and that by providing an alibi she might save him another breakdown, but then again, once she knew the kiddies were deid, she could have said summat - thats why I think her sentence is pretty fair. She's gone down for what she did.

dave

#13 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 11:39:30 am
the irony is that if h-note does ever get released, than from what i've seen he won't even be on the sex offenders register.

underground

• forum hero
#14 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 11:45:54 am
Did anyone happen to listen to 'phone Roney' on Radio Sheffers this morning?
Some absolute cnuy rang in saying that Huntley had confided in a cleaner at the prison, who had in turn told him (the cnut phoning in) that the meeting with the girls was pre-arranged because they were blackmailing him into getting exam papers for them.... He couldn't give a reason why this never came to light during the trial, other than 'He thought his job was at risk if he'd mentioned it, and anyway he wouldn't talk to the Police'.

But if that wasn't outrageous enough, the cnut then went on to say that 'the girls weren't exactly innocent, wearing makeup and adult's hairstyles, so it could only be manslaughter'.

Absolutely fckuing appaling, couldn't believe it- frightening to think there's people about with that kind of sick attitude...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#15 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 11:47:00 am
He's not been charged with a sexually related offence, so it would be wrong to put him on the S.O.R.

That said, there should be some mechanism that ensures that the police and others that need to know are aware of the previous allegations against him.

dave

#16 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 11:52:50 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
He's not been charged with a sexually related offence, so it would be wrong to put him on the S.O.R.

yeah i know. i think i read somewhere though that he had told mates that he'd been with at least 60 underage girls. thats fuctup.

underground

• forum hero
#17 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 12:05:11 pm

That said, there should be some mechanism that ensures that the police and others that need to know are aware of the previous allegations against him.

Like tattooing it across his face?

underground

• forum hero
#18 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 12:07:19 pm
Actually that's a bit tabloid esque, given that they're 'allegations' and not 'proof'. Trouble is in such high profile cases allsorts comes out of the woodwork and no-one knows facts from rumour most of the time.

Still, some rather heavy coincidences all the same

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#19 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 12:14:31 pm
It's all academic anyway - he's not getting out for a long long time. I can't see any parole board daring to release him. Mind you, mistakes do happen, but this case has been so high profile, I don't think it'll be forgotten for many years.

Though I'm a believer in our justice system on the whole, if was a Wells or Chapman family member, I imagine that if he was ever released, I'd have a hard time not tracking him down and dishing out a bit of my own justice.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#20 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 12:17:32 pm
Quote from: "dave"
yeah i know. i think i read somewhere though that he had told mates that he'd been with at least 60 underage girls. thats fuctup.

Quote from: "underground"
Still, some rather heavy coincidences all the same

Yeah, a massively fuct up individual and how many rapes are ever succesfully prosecuted anyway?

You'd think his mates might have had something to say about it, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking. I find it amazing that the police only found out about his previous brushes with the law after somebody recognised him on the telly at Soham, and phoned the information in.

Kim

• forum abuser
#21 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 12:46:45 pm

Dangerous ground tho innit.  If someone accuses you of something, and you're innocent why should this be held on record? Totally unfair on the accused. In the eyes of the law Huntley's innocent (of all this other stuff he's been accused of in the past), so why should these allegations be recorded? If we're working on an "innocent till proven guilty" system, that's what we've gotta stick to. What people are in effect saying is that we switch to an "innocent till proven guilty unless you've been accused more than x times in which case you're then assumed to be guilty" system. Which is definately not good, but might have prevented these (and other?) murders.... whaddya do??

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#22 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 12:57:04 pm
I'm pretty sure that all such allegations/cautions/etc are already recorded and kept on record but just not on an individual's Criminal Record.

So, although such allegations cannot be used at trial time, as we've just seen with Huntley, once the trial is over, then it's fair game.

I'm not saying allegations should be added to the Criminal Record, but background checks for those working with people who may be vulnerable to them need to include such things, and be acted on, or at least investigated.

dave

#23 Huntley & Carr
December 18, 2003, 01:01:02 pm
i think for someone to be accused/inplicated in a series of totally independant but very similar and serious offences over a number of years then questions need to be asked. obviosuly i agree with what you say, since theres nothing to stop any random female you know of accusing you out of the blue of rape (like what happens to various celebrities), and that shouldn't hang over anyone who's innocent. but common sense says that theres a line beyond which stuff does look odd. especially in rape thing where the majority of rapists seem to get off scott free cos either it goes unreported, the victim decides not to press changes and unless theres forensic then its just one persons word against another.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal