UKBouldering.com

gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin (Read 3332 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 02, 2010, 05:12:50 pm
Thinking of booking this place:

http://gite.forges.free.fr/legite.html

Looks ok to me but due to lack of photos one of the party is questioning its suitability for young kids (1 & 3).

Anyone stayed here that could comment?

Cheers

Ian

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 02, 2010, 08:49:23 pm
What in particular would make it unsuitable for kids? We stayed in gite 2, there were no kids with us (except jordysi) but I can't think how it wouldn't be. There's a massive fluffy bunny that lives in the communal area along with a friendly cat, your own private petting zoo right there  8)

edit: bad english.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#2 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 02, 2010, 09:41:28 pm
its ok for kids but beware the hidden costs £££££££££

inn wislon

• regular
    • I'll get you, Butler!
#3 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 12:04:00 am
I've stayed there with a 1 year old...the gite people we're very helpfull giving us toys and a highchair and baby bouncer and all manner of filthy junk for him to play with......it did smell like a rat had died under the kitchin sink though.....we stayed in the one on the right, it was quite easy to pen the midget in, in the living room area.....the two gites are gated to the road as well, so not too bad for them wandering about, although if you haven't booked both the people in the other gite might well be idiots and leave the gate open...we didn't hear any noise from the other gite, so no distubances...we suspect their was some heavy use of gimp masks and ball gags during the evening......

KH

• addict
#4 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 12:23:42 am
I've stayed there many times (5+), in both of the gites and would recommend it.

Bertrand, the owner, is always polite and happy to help.  The gites are nice, are always clean on arrival and have many rooms.  There is a decent size cooker with large oven / grill, microwave, dishwasher and large fridge in both.  Never had any issues with noise from the attached gites when staying in either one.  The courtyard is enclosed and the village is small and really quiet with little traffic.  It's close to the cuvier, appremont and the trois pignons.  Only 5 min drive from carrefour and 10 mins from Font town.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#5 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 08:35:38 am
Cheers guys, sounds ok.  I'm sure the 3 year olds will handle the stairs and the baby will just have to up her game if she wants to get up them.

Neil when you say extra ££, we know there'll be heating costs and we don't want the big eating space, anything else to look out for?

KH

• addict
#6 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 01:00:58 pm
when you say extra ££, we know there'll be heating costs and we don't want the big eating space, anything else to look out for?

If I remember correctly, we paid 300 euro deposit, which is returned when your due to leave and the owner has checked the gite for damages.  They'll charge around 5 euro per person for bed linen for the week and they'll offer a cleaning service (can't remember cost but may be 30-50 euros).  We paid them to clean one year and then the next year we didn't.  We just swept up, got rid of the rubbish / recycling and put things tidy and the owner was happy, so have never paid for cleaning since.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#7 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 02:46:49 pm
when you say extra ££, we know there'll be heating costs and we don't want the big eating space, anything else to look out for?

If I remember correctly, we paid 300 euro deposit, which is returned when your due to leave and the owner has checked the gite for damages.  They'll charge around 5 euro per person for bed linen for the week and they'll offer a cleaning service (can't remember cost but may be 30-50 euros).  We paid them to clean one year and then the next year we didn't.  We just swept up, got rid of the rubbish / recycling and put things tidy and the owner was happy, so have never paid for cleaning since.

heating will be 15 euros per night this time of year, also linen, towels, and acording to there web site 4 euros per person for bog role

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#8 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 04:03:55 pm
"Serviette de toilette" are towels not toilet paper  ;)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#9 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 04:42:15 pm
You would think he lived in the country or something.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#10 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 06:23:40 pm
see my french is improving  ;D

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#11 Re: gite at Les Forges de Saint-Martin
March 03, 2010, 08:20:37 pm
We've also stayed here, with lots of kids, and liked it. Clean, friendly owner (gave us free wine and other stuff), used the communal room with no issues. We've been stung for unfair costs before at other gites but had no problems here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal