UKBouldering.com

Got my fat arse out today (Read 5500 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#25 Got my fat arse out today
January 05, 2004, 01:32:41 pm
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
Got out to eatswood rocks on sat. It was bone dry as it always is. Still couldn't do Rich Heap's 7b+ trav, anyone have any beta on crux move?
 Highly recomend checking this place out. Never gets wet, a few good hard existing probs (including mega classic traverse) plus several hard projects. Although officially banned, if you are bouldering and therefore below the treeline the farmer can't see you at all( farm being half a mile down the hill). Please keep noise down if you do go, for obvious reasons.

So you can get away with going?

Would love to do Fat Slapper, looks ace!

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#26 Got my fat arse out today
January 05, 2004, 01:42:34 pm
Quote from: "Adam Lincoln"
Got out to eatswood rocks on sat. It was bone dry as it always is. Still couldn't do Rich Heap's 7b+ trav, anyone have any beta on crux move?
 Highly recomend checking this place out. Never gets wet, a few good hard existing probs (including mega classic traverse) plus several hard projects. Although officially banned, if you are bouldering and therefore below the treeline the farmer can't see you at all( farm being half a mile down the hill). Please keep noise down if you do go, for obvious reasons.

is that greive's route? it does look wicked

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#27 Got my fat arse out today
January 05, 2004, 01:44:21 pm
Quote from: "vivahate"
Quote from: "Adam Lincoln"

is that greive's route? it does look wicked

Yup, and safe(ish)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#28 Got my fat arse out today
January 05, 2004, 02:39:10 pm
Doing routes is a bit more sketch, due to topping out above the tree tops, however i have done quite a few routes there and only been kick off once.
 There are a few good probs that aren't too desp', Corpse Crack to the break is a perfect v1/2 problem (briefly features on Best Forgotten Art). My old prob Ten Inch Zombies is a good V5/6 up the wall just right of CC on chicken heads, just right again are three more probs (wall with flake,shallow groove and a slab, in the V1-3 range). Several Bannana Finger's height roof routes at the far right are also pretty much boulder problems with a pad, V3-V5 ish, the left arete from sit start is three star V3ish. Also beyond the last buttress (after a short intense jungle bash) are several good boulders which have not been developed yet, roofy stuff if I remember right.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal