UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 2 (Mon 15th - Sun 21st) (Read 25761 times)

ChrisSharmaShepherd

S-Bouldered at Dinas with chris savage
M-Team training bouldering and campus boards
T-Spotlight bouldering at Dinas, sent hardest boulder ever! ;D
W-Rest so core etc
T-Leading first time in a while
F-Beastmaker
S-Went for an 8mile run but got blisters 4 miles in. ran rest barefoot.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Goals: E2 trad. 7b boulder. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

M: The Depot
T: Rest
W: Rest
T: BANFF MFF. Got psyched.
F: 2x 12 miles on bike
S: Deer Gallows Crag. VSs and HVSs
S: Rest

I like calling doing fuck all "Rest".

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Bollocks, may as well set a baseline.

Aim, get some fitness back - down to 13.5 st, 13 st stretch

Do a decent 7a prob by middle of year

Get some surfing fitness back.

M - walk to work and back (1 hr total), hour of yoga.
T - walk to work and back (1 hr total),
W - walk to work and back (1 hr total) weight 13st 11 3/4 (down 1 1/4), hour of yoga - commented that yoga classes were getting like Groundhog Day as we did the same thing at every class, so we had a go at elbow headstands, and I managed 5 secs in full control, a PB
T - walk to work and back (1 hr total)
F - walk to work and back (1 hr total) Went out with new dads from ante natal class and got totally blitzed.
S - worked core muscles with head in toilet (I am officially a drinking puff) went for almost 2 hour walk in sunlit snowy forest with nipper, then half hour walk on beach
S - 30 min walk to beach and back.

Have decided doing any beastmaker work while Olympics is on is impossible, so am enjoying being a couch potato while there is sport worth watching on telly. Am doing about 20 ish pushups a day though, and eating breakfast after morning walk which seems to help weight a bit.

Jeff25

• regular
2010 Goals:
End goal: Get to a European climbing place, redpoint something harder than ive done before, have a baby.
Intermediate goals: Get strong enough bouldering for T crack and Jerrys traverse. Get to below single digit % body fat just before European trip.

Monday: After work set of lame power pull ups (45mins)
Tuesday: 6am Beastmaker session (45mins)
Wednesday: WWay boulder sess, probably less than ten problems, max v5.
Thursday: Power pulls up in a rush - parents in law arrive  :(
Friday: rest - lardy dinner with parents in law - 15% body fat  :(
Sat: WWay boulder session, manage a v6 and a v7. Avoided parents in law.  :)
Sun: WWay boulder session, had a good fun session but failed on everything. Avoided parents in law.

Three Nine

• forum hero
There are some total beasts that post on this forum and so far Power Club posts are mostly from us punters. It would be a massive help to those of us who are less able to see what the stronger people are doing week in week out so please get involved, you know who you are!

(i anticipate being puntered for this but still worth a shot)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
There are some total beasts that post on this forum and so far Power Club posts are mostly from us punters. It would be a massive help to those of us who are less able to see what the stronger people are doing week in week out so please get involved, you know who you are!

How can you oblige people into posting their training routines?

Those who want to participate in this thread have done or will do, those who have no inclination haven't/won't.

Besides the "beasts" are probably too busy training to post details anyway  :P

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
There are some total beasts that post on this forum and so far Power Club posts are mostly from us punters.

S'all relative isn't it? At my level I consider anyone with goals and previous form anywhere in the sport 8's as a bit of a beast and there are a few of them posting in this thread.

G_M

• The Chapel
Goals: DKV2; easy Spanish ticks.
Weight: 9st - about right.

M - "Rest".
T - Chapel: problem sets, endurance circuits and some opposites training.
W - 9 big wall routes; five big falls.
T - "Rest".
F - "Rest". Beer.
S - Chapel: problem sets, endurance circuits and some opposites training.
S - Ill.

Three Nine

• forum hero

Its just a request!

Those who want to participate in this thread have done or will do, those who have no inclination haven't/won't.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
W
T
F ?

Its just a request!

;)

webbo

• forum hero
several posts on both weeks so far jasper but no schedule.come on man up and post up.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

andy popp

• forum hero

Being a confirmed punter I actually find it more useful to see what other punters do/manage to fit in round the rest of life. What some beast in his 20s with loads of spare time gets up to is of much less relevance.

Overall I'm pretty impressed by how much some people do. Are there many sports (running would be an obvious example) where amateur hobbyists in the 30s and 40s are regularly fitting in 4+ training sessions a week?

webbo

• forum hero
yes most amateur cyclists would try to ride/ train most days whilst spending eye watering amounts of cash on equipment.

nik at work

• forum hero
I agree with Andy. I'm surprised just how much training people are doing. Fucked if I can knock out bags of pull-ups/sit-ups/press-ups of an evening...

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Fucked if I can knock out bags of sit-ups of an evening...

You're not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes

Word is that bending over and picking up pieces of lego a 100 times a night is the dernier cri of core workouts

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber

Being a confirmed punter I actually find it more useful to see what other punters do/manage to fit in round the rest of life. What some beast in his 20s with loads of spare time gets up to is of much less relevance.

Overall I'm pretty impressed by how much some people do. Are there many sports (running would be an obvious example) where amateur hobbyists in the 30s and 40s are regularly fitting in 4+ training sessions a week?

As another confirmed 30-something punter with family and job, I've found buying a top-draw finger-board has made a big impact. The option of doing a sneak 30 minute session rather than 3 hrs at the wall  means I can balance more training and more family time. I just wish I had a handy 45 in my garage  ;)

andy popp

• forum hero
30 something! I wish. I do have the 45 in the garage though.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
30 something! I wish. I do have the 45 in the garage though.

Ok, nearly 40  ::)  :'(

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Agree with AndyF that a fingerboard is crucial when time is limited, mine's a DIY effort though so maybe investing in a proper one would help further.

Also very interesting to see what folk with similar aspirations are doing to reach them.  Two weeks in and it appears that I'm just not drinking enough.

Yossarian

• forum hero
Goals
1) Appear on cover of Mens Health
2) Go for first run since 1994 (it doesn't sound difficult, but it's all in the execution)
3) Do an ironman
4) Climb a photogenic Fr8a, make mugs etc

Monday - 7x 30s intervals on bike, then pumped iron. Considered various arguments in Tschumi's Architecture and Disjunction. Got headache.
Tuesday - About an hour of biking that was supposed to be easy, but wasn't. Core strength exercices - must invest in effete yoga outfit.
Wednesday - 2 minute threshold intervals, aborted as legs felt like they had just been operated on. Large negroni followed by a decent Beaune.
Thursday - No idea. Oh yeah (fuck, she'd go beserk), fois gras and sauternes in bed.
Friday - Fucking great dinner at La Trouvaille.  Flicked through Mens Health (punters) then walked quickly for train.
Saturday - Amazing beautiful day, blue sky, perfect cycling opportunity, etc. So stayed inside assembling regency wardrobe, drank some lovely riesling then ate lunch. Rest of day a blur.
Sunday - Fucking appalling weather. Sat on my arse and redesigned garden.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Monday - N/A
Tuesday- N/A
Wednesday - First session back in the Den. Surprisingly better than expected.
Thursday - N/A
Friday - N/A
Sat - Went up to Normans Wisdom and pulled down for a few hours. Feeling psyche coming back and amazed can still pull on holds after a lengthy period of no exercise.
Sunday - Went out for a pizza for friends birthday. Lovely stuff

This week is a slight step up in gear.

marty

• menacing presence
I knew last week would be a write off.

Sun - Gym
Mon - In London with Work
Tues - In London with Work
Wed-Sat - away with the kids for half term

Not had too bad a run of late, but next week not looking promising, so need to make up for it this week.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
Forgot to renew MOT oops
Lots of cycling. Is it legal to listen to tunes on the bicycle? Enjoying it so the plod can fuck off anyways.

Bored of climbing plastic oops
Lots of fingerboarding instead set myself an easy to stick to training plan based on the research of Eva Lopez, dont be fooled by the rocks that....

Diet no
Chocolate and beer yes.

I am all out of enthusiasm so might try and perk myself up using this gayness...

plan is
2 weeks on - 2 finger board session per week mebbe some climbing
1 week off - 1 fingerboard session plus a bit of what takes my fancy
2 weeks on - 3 fb sessions per week mebbe a climb snow allowing
1 week off 1 fb session probably not obther climbing
2 weeks on - 4 fb sessions per week couldnt possibly face climbing
1 week off - climbing can right fuck off.

I am 2 days into resting before the 4 fingerboard sessions next week. No missed sessions or broken pulleys yet.

tomtom

• forum hero
Agree with AndyF that a fingerboard is crucial when time is limited, mine's a DIY effort though so maybe investing in a proper one would help further.

I've been very impressed with the beastmaker I bought.. great progressions between the holds - and the slopers are....

Also very interesting to see what folk with similar aspirations are doing to reach them.  Two weeks in and it appears that I'm just not drinking enough.

:)  I've also noticed how careful so many people are with their weight... I've never owned some scales and last time I weighed myself was at the doctors when having a medical!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal