UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 1 (Mon 8th - Sun 14th) (Read 24217 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
UKB Power Club Week 1 (Mon 8th - Sun 14th)
February 14, 2010, 05:21:30 pm
Another consistent week and corrected last weekend’s indulgence and dropped a few pounds. Had intended to do some intensive arm/finger stuff but didn’t happen.

Goals: Austrian Oak, 10000 8a nu points
Current weight 11.3-5

M.
T.Early AM Yoga. Eve. 2hrs Invite to a garage board. Did endurance circuits and some bouldering.
W.PM. Weights. 1 hour. Useless on power stuff (Clean & Jerk and Power Cleans) but new PB (just, grip slipped) on Deadlift 145kgs
T.PM. Stopped off at Roaches after customer visit in Stoke. Beautiful day. Easy soloing on Upper Tier and bouldering at Lower Tier (Did Teck Crack direct)
F.Eve. Foundry 90mins. Bouldering on Wave.
S.Bouldering at Apparent North with Dolly and Lucien. Did the end section of Hampers twice but failed on full traverse. Did Skinless Wonder after bottling it a few times.
S.Might pop down to the Foundry or go in the Cabin in a minute...

Word is that Malham is drying nicely. Hopefully go up to meet Andy F there on Tuesday. Dan too..?

tomtom

• forum hero
oops!

Week 1.
Monday  - rest day after wall on Sunday
Tuesday - 4 * sets encores on a crap fingerboard... (set 7on 3 off & 4)
Wednesday - Evening session at Citibloc - good, really worked my shoulders - slightly tweaky LH golfers..
Thursday - Rest and longingly look at Beastmaker
Friday - Wall (stockport) routine bouldering session - barely repeated hardest stuff done, though managed one new prob
Saturday - Rest and stroking Beastmaker...
Sunday - 3 hours at the Cliff... Good warm up, failed failed failed miserably on Satans Steves wall but did DWR first go (a first!!) and repeated Dreamland (lush problem), arms ache, LH golfers fine...

Week 2....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Goal - Font 7c this season.

M
T - an hour at Newstones after work, just a few easy problems.  Nice.
W
Th - Desperately wanted to get out but work denied me the time off.  Managed a couple of hours at Ramshaw at lunchtime, wanted to get on the Lust problems but they were wet.  Made enough progress on Ram Air to warrant a return visit.
F - couple of hours at a mostly damp RHS, found two dry problems I hadn't done, the slab's fairly straightforward in the right conditions but the Cave problem proper took a few goes and was a good workout in the end.
S Ached.  Over did it on food and wine in the evening.
S couple of hours at damp burbage, wasn't that inspired, tried stuff on Jason's block, didn't get up anything. Trashed my skin.

On reflection the easy volume on Tue and Thur was probably just what was needed after what seems like ages away from rock.  Just wish my skin would stop flaking off so easily.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
Sunday Night: Read Power Club. Stabbed self in eye. Ah, much better now...

marty

• menacing presence
Now in right topic at request of new landlord!

Dig the thread .. will highlight how little I am training.

Monday - nowt
Tuesday - nowt
Wednesday - beasted down the gym - running farlek one arm pull downs, chest and arms.
Thursday - why do I have a hangover after not drinking?
Friday - hangover marginally better
Saturday 3 hour gardening session
Sunday - pasted myself in the gym again.

God my life is so rock and roll. Consistently working til mid-night is probably not helping.

Anyone hitting a heavy session, I highly recommend the PHD VMax power. Any supplement that comes with a warning of pins and needles has to be a winner in my book.

oh, and weight is 11st 10lbs. Needs to get down to 11st 4lbs

Goals - anything at Dunby I have previously failed on (i.e. alot!)

1-2-3 on the smallest of the campus rungs in the garage.

Standing start to hitch hikers......

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Monday: N/A
Tuesday: N/A
Wednesday: N/A
Thursday: Intended to try project. Got surrounded by cows in field, warmed up but was too cold after warming up
Friday: Plant food
Saturday: N/A
Sunday: N/A

This pattern changes as of tomorrow. Feeling very light after 2 week 1200 calorie a day diet.

Three Nine

• forum hero
Good idea Simon.

Goals: Cider Soak, 7B, get strong for Europe

M 30min run
T Power on 45, some max deadhangs, 2 hours
W Resistance on 45, poor session, 1.5 hours
T BM Recruit then few repeaters 1.5 hour
F rest
S Bouldering at Cuttings, two v7s both extremely soft, didnt climb well
S Suprised myself by nearly doing Fighting Torque at cuttings but hadnt sorted the top, very frustrated/disappointed in myself

Davo

• obsessive maniac
Good idea. Not sure i will manage to keep up with the posts (although I do keep a training log) but am really interested to see what other people do on a weekly basis.
Goals: Hmmm... Do a bloc 8A? Do a sport 8b. Probably fairly ambitious but gives me something to aim for.
Mon: Rest
Tues: Trowbarrow: Did Funk phenomena and Pit Problem Stand but fell off last move of Vitruvian Man twice.
Wed: Ogwen and Pass: Flailed in Ogwen and then went to Pass. Flailed on Bus Stop and finally got a workable sequence.
Thurs: Knackered
Fri: Rest
Sat: Trowbarrow again and again fell off Vitruvian Man about 4 times off last move! Doh!
Sun: Weighted Fingerboard session (4kgs)

Dave

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
 :agree: a quality idea - hopefully just recording my training will help maintain training psyche.

Aim for year - Onde du Choc 7b

M - weights at home, chest flies and presses
T - decent bouldering session at TCA
W - knackered but still tried to boulder at TCA, easy circuits went ok but I couldn't touch even the easy woodie problems
T - planned rest
F - beer/cider after work meant that my planned beastmaker session got sacked off!
S - hangover and rugby on TV
Su - 5 hours at TCA, did a couple of new, for me, blues. got the moves on the red endurance circuit but nowher near the link. planning a dedicated session on Tuesday.

need to get some new batteries for my scales to check weight but i'm feeling lighter than i have since Christmas!

Andy

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Bollocks, may as well set a baseline.

Aim, get some fitness back - down to 13.5 st, 13 st stretch

Do a decent 7a prob by middle of year

M - walk to work and back (1 hr total), hour of yoga ( a bit of a light session some newbie lasses at class).
T - walk to work and back (1 hr total),
W - walk to work and back (1 hr total) weight 13st 13.
T - walk from garage to work and back (1hr 30 total) did 15 mins on balance board as warm up for beastmaker session, but then bairn kicked off howling so session cancelled.
F - walk to work and back (1 hr total)
S - Sat in van for 5 hours
S - 1 hr 30 walk on beach with bairn in baby carrier. Sore shoulders.

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
Previously avoided the UKC version of this because its a bit too cluttered up by runners (fair play to them but not what I'm interested in).

Weight: 63kg

Aims for 2010: rp 7b+ sport, o/s 6c+ sport, 7A boulder.
Stupid challenge to keep me motivated over the winter: Climb every problem in the room next to the tower at Ingleton Wall.

M - Rock rings - one arm pull ups, lock offs etc. followed by some max hangs on fingerboard.
T - Bouldering session at Ingleton, 3 more hard probs ticked off, good progress on another.
W - Morning, 3 mile run, evening pub.
T - Kendal wall, supposed to be PE session on routes but phenomenally busy so had a bouldering session instead - to try and focus on PE did repeating sets of as many problems back to back as possible within 5 mins then rest 3 mins.
F - Curry, beer and film
S - Took a look at St Bees South with wife. Underestimated time required scrambing over slippery rocks to get there (idiot) so only time to do a few quick probs before dark. 5 problems done including a 6B+ 2nd go which is a PB, so hopeful that 6C/6C+ should go with a bit of work.
S - Sodding great 12 mile, 8 wainwright walk in the lakes (Mrs is wainwright bagging).

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
Previously avoided the UKC version of this because its a bit too cluttered up by runners (fair play to them but not what I'm interested in).

Weight: 63kg

Aims for 2010: rp 7b+ sport, o/s 6c+ sport, 7A boulder.
Stupid challenge to keep me motivated over the winter: Climb every problem in the room next to the tower at Ingleton Wall.

M - Rock rings - one arm pull ups, lock offs etc. followed by some max hangs on fingerboard.
T - Bouldering session at Ingleton, 3 more hard probs ticked off, good progress on another.
W - Morning, 3 mile run, evening pub.
T - Kendal wall, supposed to be PE session on routes but phenomenally busy so had a bouldering session instead - to try and focus on PE did repeating sets of as many problems back to back as possible within 5 mins then rest 3 mins.
F - Curry, beer and film
S - Took a look at St Bees South with wife. Underestimated time required scrambing over slippery rocks to get there (idiot) so only time to do a few quick probs before dark. 5 problems done including a 6B+ 2nd go which is a PB, so hopeful that 6C/6C+ should go with a bit of work.
S - Sodding great 12 mile, 8 wainwright walk in the lakes (Mrs is wainwright bagging).

I gotta say buddy, if you can do one armers and not pull yourself up a Font 7a then something is seriously wrong...

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Aims for year: VIII, 8a, 8A, E8

Weight: no idea. Heavier than I look

Mon: Stared at computer screen. Tried to go bouldering, but skin too glassy. Went birdwatching instead. Didn't see much, but heard an owl. Curry for dinner.
Tues: AM - stared at computer screen. PM - stared at windscreen. Sausage and chip supper - not bad.
Weds: Surmounted five boulders whilst heavily clothed. Strained wrists and back when body bridge went unexpectedly footless. Got scared, and shouted at snow. Chippy tea - great.
Thurs: Ten mile walk with weight. Broke it up by dangling from nooses around wrists, punching wall with alternate arms. Ditto with knees. Pizza meal - unsatisfying.
Fri: Six mile walk with weight, enlivened by some swimming. Late to bed, and no tea - hungry.
Sat: Twelve mile walk, lighter load - mostly boiled sweets. Big supper.
Sun: Easier day, four mile walk, no load. A few jelly babies. Proper sunday roast scene.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Well cover me in egg and flour and bake me for 14 minutes!  :o

I didn't expect you to join in.  :great:

Go easy on the jelly babies and the 8a (or is it A) is as good as ticked.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Aims for year.

Do an E2 without gibbing excessively
Do a route 7a
Burn Sharkey off at bouldering

The latter should be a doddle even if I don't touch rock or plastic for 99% of the year

Last weeks prep
Monday. Porridge for breakfast, over-priced spag bol (or similar for lunch), 3 pints during happy hour, decent 4 course dinner with far too much wine. Skied all day with Norton
Tuesday. Ditto apart from big fall that resulted in still hurting rib
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Ditto Monday except no big painful lob and harder work due to Norton insisting that we searched out every bit of 'fresh' he could find.
Sunday. Up at 3am for 12 hours of travelling hence shit food. Steak, garlic mushrooms, salad & big pudding for dinner (plus bottle of posh wine).

Conclusion:
Nothing positive for aims 1 & 2 but still on track for aim 3

andy_e

• forum hero
Goals: stu's roof left, bush bully as short term projects. 7c as long term

monday: buy leeds wall bouldering pass.
tuesday: train on new woodie
wednesday: whitehouses. ticked rageh omaar.
thursday: train on woodie
friday: train followed by 4 hours freestyle snowboarding
saturday: train longer juggy problems
sunday: train woodie
monday: train circuits and woodie
tuesday: probably involves training, wood, but might involve 4 hours snowboarding

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
Its good to see someone else has as much variation in there life as i do, nice one Andy, a fine training effort.

chris_j_s

• menacing presence

I gotta say buddy, if you can do one armers and not pull yourself up a Font 7a then something is seriously wrong...

Can't do one unassisted yet but progressing towards it. I still need assistance from my little finger on a small hold at the mo.

Previously been more focussed on sport than bouldering so I haven't got on anything harder than 6B+ yet but I'll be well chuffed if I can do 7A quite quickly!!

Bernard Jefferies

Weight: no idea. Heavier than I look

Mon: Stared at computer screen. Tried to go bouldering, but skin too glassy. Went birdwatching instead. Didn't see much, but heard an owl. Curry for dinner.
Tues: AM - stared at computer screen. PM - stared at windscreen. Sausage and chip supper - not bad.
Weds: Surmounted five boulders whilst heavily clothed. Strained wrists and back when body bridge went unexpectedly footless. Got scared, and shouted at snow. Chippy tea - great.
Thurs: Ten mile walk with weight. Broke it up by dangling from nooses around wrists, punching wall with alternate arms. Ditto with knees. Pizza meal - unsatisfying.
Fri: Six mile walk with weight, enlivened by some swimming. Late to bed, and no tea - hungry.
Sat: Twelve mile walk, lighter load - mostly boiled sweets. Big supper.
Sun: Easier day, four mile walk, no load. A few jelly babies. Proper sunday roast scene.

Didn't fancy 8000m as well?!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Of course, but I've just lost my job. Gotta be realistic.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Stop eating so much curry and chips you fat biffer  ;).

Like the reports of owls and shouting at snow.

I hope that's proper E8...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Goals: E2 trad. 7b boulder. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Weight: ?

M: The Depot
T: Quick bike ride but had to stop as felt sick. Probably through not eating dinner.
W: Pub
T: The Leeds Wall. Climbed OK and took some falls. Did a 7a first redpoint which was pleasing.
F: 2x 12 miles on bike.
S: 10 miles on bike. 7 miles walk. ENORMOUS dinner (The River House Hotel in Malham does an incredible dinner. Booking in advance required) + 3 pints
S: 10 miles on bike. 4 miles walk.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:49:28 pm by Will Hunt »

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Aims for year: climb aretes

Weight: no idea. Heavier than Jim

Mon: Went to Stanage and climbed aretes, heard an owl. Curry for dinner.
Tues: AM - stared at Stanage. Climbed aretes (in head). Sausage and chip supper - not bad.
Weds: Surmounted five aretes. Strained wrists masterbating. Got scared. Chippy tea - great.
Thurs: Went to Stanage and climbed aretes. Broke it up by doing Brad Pit in trainers, punching sky with alternate arms. Ditto with knees (high kicks). Pizza meal - unsatisfying.
Fri: Went to Stanage and climbed aretes. Late to bed, and no tea - hungry.
Sat: Went to Stanage and ate sweets - mostly boiled sweets. Big supper.
Sun: Easier day, Went to Stanage and climbed aretes, no load. A few jelly babies. Proper sunday roast scene.

Plattsy

• forum hero
Goals: 7A boulder.
Weight: 13st 8lbs

M - Rest. Sore elbow.
T - 6 miles running - 48mins.
W - Rest. Cold coming on. 170 sit ups (10, 20, 30, 50, 30, 20, 10)
T - Foundry session. Back to normal after sore elbow. Can't breathe throw my nose though. Hate colds.
F - Beer.
S - Felt better. Aimless and lame circuit round Almscliff. Long time off rock. Took sometime to re-acquaint myself. Beer.
S - Rest and recovery.

Not a great week.

G_M

• The Chapel
Goals: DKV2; easy Spanish ticks.
Weight: Less than 8st using Krank's scales.

M - Rest. Tout for friends.
T - Chapel: problem sets, endurance circuits and some opposites training.
W - Rest. Tout for partners.
T - Big wall routes (10 of).
F - Beer.
S - Curry. Tout for friends.
S - Found a friend! Scour guidebooks. Beer.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Whatever anyone thinks about it, this thread is going to be fucking entertaining.

andy popp

• forum hero
Whatever anyone thinks about it, this thread is going to be fucking entertaining.

Bah Humbug!

Short term: be in reasonable shape for Horse Pens 40 next month
Mid-term: 8a?

Mon: work
Tues: work (obviously), board in the evening - bouldering - not bad but failed to tick project
Wed: ache
Thurs: climb (Cheshire esoteria, one quite good new prob) board in the evening, shorter circuits, OK, bit tired from climbing
Fri: repeaters on fingerboard
Fri-Sun: house guests staying, gently sozzled most of weeked
Mon: nowt but don't drink at least
Tues: weighted pull-ups, haven't done any for ages but did as well as previous best

Can't be bothered doing food and weight bits.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Goals: DKV2; easy Spanish ticks.
Weight: Less than 8st using Krank's scales.

M - Rest. Tout for friends.
T - Chapel: problem sets, endurance circuits and some opposites training.
W - Rest. Tout for partners.
T - Big wall routes (10 of).
F - Beer.
S - Curry. Tout for friends.
S - Found a friend! Scour guidebooks. Beer.

Wow! You did 10 big wall routes in a single day? That's surely worthy of note.

nik at work

• forum hero
Oh fuck it, what the hell, this might be motivating (or at least amusing)...

Aims:
8B, 8b(, E8)

Last Week:
Monday - It's my birthday, did (my first) new 8A+ to celebrate, spend the evening making every character from the cars movie out of Lego before puking all night.
Tuesday - Continue puking and add shitting to my repotoire, sleep all afternoon. Make a post office out of Lego in the evening.
Wednesday - Act as sidekick in project questing escapade.
Thursday - Strain back, start crag based DIY
Friday - Finish crag based DIY, evening trip to wall reasonably successful, back still sore
Saturday - Crag guiding at local venue for visiting hotshot then off to a Pirate party (sadly forget my pirate outfit, great shame), build two naughty robots and a car wash out of lego in the evening.
Sunday - Leave a crisp dry Tod to visit a damp Stanage, don't climb but get good cardio on an under three's hill-walking expedition. No Lego :(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Bah Humbug!

Not at all. Did you not read the other thread Andy? I couldn't be arsed reposting on here and although I might have used a little poetic licence I think I made it clear that I bear no malice towards this idea.

andy popp

• forum hero

Bah Humbug!

Not at all. Did you not read the other thread Andy? I couldn't be arsed reposting on here and although I might have used a little poetic licence I think I made it clear that I bear no malice towards this idea.

S'alright, was only pulling your leg.

Snoops

• obsessive maniac

It looks to me suspiciously like 'UKC Fitness Club ' and personally i have better ways to motivate myself.  :whistle:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
It looks to me suspiciously like 'UKC Fitness Club ' and personally i have better ways to motivate myself.  :whistle:

Really?  Who'd have thought it!!!  :shrug:

Listen Up. I'm going to put up a new post each week on Sundays so anyone who wants to join in can log their training and climbing for the previous week. Its something I started on UKC as Fit Club and its run for nearly 3 years  :ang:. I want to keep it going here although for climbers only (as opposed to runners etc)

Snoops

• obsessive maniac

Really?  Who'd have thought it!!!  :shrug:

Listen Up. I'm going to put up a new post each week on Sundays so anyone who wants to join in can log their training and climbing for the previous week. Its something I started on UKC as Fit Club and its run for nearly 3 years  :ang:. I want to keep it going here although for climbers only (as opposed to runners etc)

Fair enough, I'm afraid I didn't see that post that was on another thread....
Still not a thread for me anyways.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Last Week:
Monday -  spend the evening making every character from the cars movie out of Lego before puking all night.
Tuesday - Continue puking and add shitting to my repotoire, sleep all afternoon. Make a post office out of Lego in the evening.
Saturday - Crag guiding at local venue for visiting hotshot then off to a Pirate party (sadly forget my pirate outfit, great shame), build two naughty robots and a car wash out of lego in the evening.

Hadn't previously considered including Lego as part of a training regime. Find vomiting gives a good core workout though. Got headwetting with other new dads from NCT class on Friday night, first night with more than one drink since early December. No doubt vomiting will ensue.

Stubbs

Aims:
Be the best climber in Suffolk
Not go mental living in Bury St Edmunds
Not forget how to climb on rock
Use the distance from the scene to breed paranoia that i am getting weak to fuel more training
Zoo York

m: wrestled a 50kg TV up a flight of stairs.
t: Climbed at the local wall, got burnt off
w: rest
t: Long day hand augering on site followed by weights, power club, theraband, stretching and increasing paranoia
f: long day hand augering. drinks in London, lots of walking (got a bit lost)
s: Westway, showed the cockerneys how to climb despite crippling hangover. saw someone wearing an Accappppiiii top.
s:several miles walk around london's fashionable east end, good core workout from laughing at all the Barley characters walking around.

chillax

• forum abuser
Fuck it why not, good for a laugh.

Long term goals: World domination, avoid sport climbing at all costs
Short (ish) term goals: Boulder 7b, all the  E2's on the main crag at Fair Head

Sunday- Murlough Bay. Ticked a 6c I'd not done before and droped the top of a 7a I had done. Rather stupid that was
Monday - Gym
Tuesday - Fingerboard session
Wednesday - Murlough Bay night session
Thursday - Session at Derry wall. Fingery old-skool scene
Friday - Not a tap
Saturday - Murlough Bay night sesh. Repeatedly greased off Carbide. Will do this with decent conditions
Sunday - Naught
Monday - Fingerboard (while watching Lesbian Vampire Killers, a work of comic genius)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Will give it a go.

STGs:
Recover fitness via constant progress.
Meet people to go cragging with over winter.
Maintain decent trad form on accessible trad.
Train stamina and falling practice, ready for spring.
Push myself bouldering when no partners available.

MTGs:
Recover fitness via constant progress.
Meet people to go on longer Scottish trips with.
Climb at current limit on a variety of inspiring Scottish trad climbs.
Dabble in pushing myself sport climbing for local summer training.
Climb abroad in interesting locations.

LTGs:
Get enough fitness back to do trad in Scottish mountains.
Climb said trad in Scottish mountains.
Climb abroad in interesting and exotic locations.

(Sun: 40 mins hillwalk - exhausting.)
Mon: n/a
Tue: Go to Glasgow Uni Mountaineering Club pub meet, chat to some promising folks.
Wed: 3 hours hard bouldering on local project - didn't do it but very close, leg and finger sore, flapper on palm.
Thu: 1 decent trad lead at Dunkeld - felt fine on the trad, gear was a bit faffy, moves easy. Crag inspiring.
Fri: 2 hours gentle bouldering at Dumby - felt tricky, out of practise at Dumby.
Sat: 1 big trad lead at Glen Croe - bold, challenging, cold, not sure how I progressed yet; 45 minutes uphill staggering - exhausting; 1 hour easy bouldering - finger tweaky.
Sun: n/a

Summary:
Trad is going okay.
Bouldering felt okay on hard project but not so much on general mileage.
Walking uphill is cunting desperate.
My RH 3rd finger has an A2-type achey niggle, I am resting it for a bit and will try to take care.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:17:11 pm by Fiend »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I think you need more goals Fiend.

dave

MTGs:
Dabble in pushing myself sport climbing for local summer training.

Walking uphill is cunting desperate.

:-\

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Hush, both of you  :P. The goals within genre are all fairly concurrent anyway.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hi Matt, Goals should have fixed goalposts so you know if you've scored or not. You could tighten up the STG's like this (example only) :

STGs:
Recover fitness via constant progress. Minimum of 2 stamina/endurancesessions on crag or indoors each week
Meet people to go cragging with over winter. Go outside and do roped climbing minimum once a week whatever the conditions
Maintain decent trad form on accessible trad. Benchmark and repeat x routes at x crag
Train stamina and falling practice, ready for spring. Falling practice on each visit to indoor wall
Push myself bouldering when no partners available. Do a problem at maximum grade without partner (witness!!)

Personally (like Jasper intimated) its better to reduce your goals to a couple of very specific achievable and measurable objectives - theres only so many things you can gun for and hold in your head at once.

webbo

• forum hero
short term goal
climb something harder than 7a outside again.
long term goal
still being able to pull hard when i'm 60

every morning first thing either lower back exs or shoulder theraband exs
mon.after work.rockcity been reset. did 18 or so problems up to v7
tue after work disussed going on turbo trainer with missus drank wine instead.
wed.after work rockcity repeated mondays problems plus 2 more.
thu. after work looked at beastmaker.drove to tescos for a bottle of wine instead.
fri.at work supermen,crabs,spidermen,crunches,press ups,body lowers,knee raises.
sat. bouldering at wrights rock.there have more successful days in my climbing career.friends for dinner more wine.
sun.working for self harm team.assessed a lot of people who seem to drink too much.thought about training.drank the left over wine instead.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
I lasted for several weeks on the UKC Fat Club before not wanting to participate, I was hoping to last more than a week before being put off this one...

Just because my goals are vaguer and non-numerical does not mean they are not clear goals and I'm not focused on them. I'll know if I'm achieving them alright (I'm aiming for a state of climbing rather than specific events anyway).

STGs:
Recover fitness via constant progress. Minimum of 2 stamina/endurancesessions on crag or indoors each week - talking about leg fitness anyway. I don't need to specifiy a set amount, just to know I've been putting some effort in each week.
Meet people to go cragging with over winter. Go outside and do roped climbing minimum once a week whatever the conditions - have you see what the conditions can be like up here?? I'm living in Glasgow not Siurana! Anyway, the point is finding people and mainting contacts to do said roped climbing with.
Maintain decent trad form on accessible trad. Benchmark and repeat x routes at x crag - I'm talking about onsighting overall, I don't repeat stuff, maintaining form is just getting out and doing it (and trying to do it well).
Train stamina and falling practice, ready for spring. Falling practice on each visit to indoor wall - this I agree with, but again I don't need to specify it.
Push myself bouldering when no partners available. Do a problem at maximum grade without partner (witness!!) - grades schmades, there's too much variety to set a number. Besides there are many ways to push oneself - flashing easier problems, successfully working something hard, working towards a project etc etc...

:shrug:

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Yeah, Simon, stop trying to be helpful!  :spank:

I am not joining in just yet as my training plan is not fully set out, although I can tell you all that my current goal is to climb something, at some point, soonish.  :whistle:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I was only joking. Personally I think you can have as many goals as you like.

My only one at present is to manage to find the time and inclination to do more than one training session a week.
 :(

webbo - my life sounds like yours but with less exercise.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I lasted for several weeks on the UKC Fat Club before not wanting to participate, I was hoping to last more than a week before being put off this one...

Just because my goals are vaguer and non-numerical does not mean they are not clear goals and I'm not focused on them.

Soz. You had put so much thought into goals that...err (stop digging Simon  :goodidea:)

Good to see what everyone gets up to though eh ?

soapy

• junky
    • maskon

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Goal : Enjoy my climbing

Monday : Went bouldering, had fun. Post-climbing beer tally == 2
Tuesday : Routes indoors, a good time was had +4 on the beer tally.
Wednesday : No training/climbing, went for a pleasant meal with the wife.  Only +2 (bottles) to the beer tally due to lazy waiters.
Thursday : Routes indoors, good laugh with mates, add another three to the beer tally.
Friday : Drove to Scotland.  +3 on the beer tally (I was a passanger btw)
Saturday : Winter climbing for the day, excellent fun. +4 beers and one whisky
Sunday : Up too late to climb (plus shitty weather) so walked up The Cobbler, nice walk, precarious scrambling onto the pinnacle in crampons.  Beer consumption curtailed as it was locked away behind a seat in the camper van >:(

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
This is going to be well funny and inspiring in turns each week..

STG - Get over elbow injury/problem that I've had since last August
MTG (End 2010 depending on STG) - F7b+, E5 onsight, Font 7b
LTG - F8a, E6 onsight, Font7c

M - 1 hour run with dog
T to F - A hideous work week - travel, stress, food, wine, not enough sleep.
Sat - 1 hour run then drank beer, played XBoX and watched Stoke nearly beat City at COMS - chips and gravy
Sun - Newstones bouldering to 6c+ impressed with my own flexibility, out-climbed a 58 year old.

Turns out that my residual tennis elbow might be shoulder related which is great news. 

Yossarian

• forum hero
Goals
1) Appear on cover of Mens Health
2) Get fit enough to overtake people (riding very expensive new bikes) whilst riding old bike with downtube shifters
3) Take (2) as far as possible towards its logical conclusion, i.e. top 10 in the 2011 Etape on a penny farthing
4) Go for first run since 1994
5) Do an ironman
6) Climb a photogenic Fr8a, get photo mugs made at Snappy Snaps, hide in cupboard for many years, give to (hypothetical) grandchildren

Monday - Can't remember - possibly involved Kazakh vodka. Chinqui...
Tuesday - 8x 2 minute intervals on turbo trainer - watched Lance, felt strong...
Wednesday - Looked at Beastmaker. Decided to pump iron instead.
Thursday - Drove to Devon. Ate a really good curry.
Friday - 2hr road ride. Drank Corpse Reviver No. 2, Dry Martini and Perfect Manhattan before dinner.  Wondered why I don't do that every night.
Saturday - Remembered why I don't do that every night.  4hr road ride. Shouted at man in car.
Sunday - Presented 15 month old godson with bespoke boxing shorts.  Drove home. Had argument with girlfriend. 

ChrisSharmaShepherd

Sunday - pissed about at morlais crag and got shut down seconding an e3 cos of rain, cold etc. recovering after a massive team sesh with mark pretty (of peak sport 8c fame). went on mate's hit board
Monday - team training with beastmaker thrown in for good measure
Tuesday - Rest so stretching, core, antagonists
Wednesday - See tuesday
Thursday - Leading trying the new 7c
Friday - Big beastmaker sesh
Saturday - Bouldered inside with Chris Savage yeah. centre's party so lectures etc. did at least 500 pullups over the day  :dance1:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal