UKBouldering.com

Ron Book to end all Ron Books... (Read 23783 times)

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
#50 Re: Ron Book to end all Ron Books...
March 05, 2010, 06:25:04 pm
Am half way through, it is great, will finish it tonight. I like it best how he talks about how he feels when as a kid from a little Yorkshire village he finds himself as a teenager in Yosemite, and how people like Pete Livesey and Paul Williams took him under their wing, and some of the setbacks he's had on non-climbing fronts. Very good for general reflection on life. Ron was a great climber, we all knew that, what's interesting is finding about him as a person & how he's handled life.

Stopped by Vertebrate to buy another one as a pressie.

Peter

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
#51 Re: Ron Book to end all Ron Books...
March 06, 2010, 11:43:07 am
People will compare it to the Jerry book. I laughed outloud more often with the Jerry book, and also learnt more things I didn't know about the climbing, though this is very much a function of my age (46 last Sunday ;)) and when I was climbing. On the other hand, the Ron book told me more things about how the subject handled life in general, and its setbacks. Made me proud to be from Yorkshire ;) Very highly recommended, both for young climbers who've only seen these routes in iconic photos and films and for older bods like me. Well done to Ed Douglas and Vertebrate.
Peter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal