UKBouldering.com

Top tip: don't spend hundreds on expensive tilt-shift lenses... (Read 4037 times)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
...get the same results by using this website...
http://tiltshiftmaker.com/
 :thumbsup:

Cue massive overuse of terrible pseudo-tilt shift effects.

dave

I love how this kind of thing is always called "tilt-shift effect" even though there's no shift involved.

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
Indeed, although in theory I think you could do it with a tilt shift lens if it had De-focus control, but thats besides the point.

De-focus lenses are so cool, if there weren't other things that I needed to buy first, I would pick one up in a heartbeat, as things stand i've put a couple on my "i'll get round to that when I have some spare cash some day in the distant future list"  ;D

cofe

• forum hero
i just use one of them babby lenses.

dave

Got one o them.

Indeed, although in theory I think you could do it with a tilt shift lens if it had De-focus control, but thats besides the point.

In theory yes although the DC part would have nothing to do with the effect - DC lenses just let you move the nice looking bokeh either in front or behind the subject, doesn't change depth of field etc. A tilt and/or shift lens doesn't exist with DC to my knowledge, to this is really theoretical spitballing.

Eddies

• forum hero
Lets see your efforts then.
Its a cool effect, ive seen 'faked' tilt shift effects done thro PS and had a crack myself with varying results. It would be good to compare against the real thing, as well as this web-sites efforts.

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
Yep it was a complete and utter brain fart, just thinking what if....
I know how the lenses work, I think they'd be great for outdoor portraiture in Spring/Summer, I think you could do some really simple beautiful stuff with the effect, its just a shame the rental guys I used don't rent them out, when they seem to stock pretty much every other lens that Nikon offer!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Friend of mine has a til-shift lens, here are some pics he's taken with it...

Tilt

Shift

Possibly both?

dave

I don't recon tilt would help you get the last one in focus, so probably just shift.

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
Ha! This is totally surreal! tilt shift stop motion video:

Check out his other stuff whilst you're there, the hulkmania one is especially funny  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal