UKBouldering.com

Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits (Read 61653 times)

galpinos

• forum hero
#75 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 23, 2010, 04:47:32 pm
WTF is a Wu-Tang in this lame four cross ski shit? It also seems to be full of fat twats in 80's style  Troll body suits....

A Wu Tang is a kicker with an extremely steep take off often with a step down landing.  Think nearly a quarter pipe.  The idea is to create an obstacle taken at slow speed and perhaps even stalling the riders and so is often at the top of the course.  Getting a good line into the jump is essential.

I too thought the ski cross, which was held on what was definitely built as a boarder cross course, was entertaining for the crashes but was full of 80's stylee fat bastards.  To be fair the boarder cross riders didn't have much more style.  ;D

As for Sean on the other hand  :bow:  :bow:

Having seen some of the "fat bastards" who compete at ski cross in the flesh (so to speak), they're not so much fat as just enormous and stacked.

Off topic, but the shortie that won the halfpipe is quite cute.

dave

#76 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 23, 2010, 09:59:37 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else find the voice of the woman doing the colour on the skiing commentary pretty fucking annoying?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#77 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 23, 2010, 10:06:01 pm

Off topic, but the shortie that won the halfpipe is quite cute.

DFBWGS for sure

Oli

• obsessive maniac
#78 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 24, 2010, 11:31:33 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else find the voice of the woman doing the colour on the skiing commentary pretty fucking annoying?

You mean Kerrin Lee Gartner or whatever her fucking stupid name is. She is fucking irritating, i hope she's not retained for the next set of w. olympics. If the skiing wasn't quite so interesting, i'd turn it off every time she's commentating.

dave

#79 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 25, 2010, 07:18:53 pm
Its her intonation that kills me. Almost like she decides which sylables to emphasise by pulling them randomly out of a hat.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#81 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 09:11:34 pm
Ice hockey final now on. Yanks beat the 'Nad's in the build up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_two_england/

dave

#82 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 09:46:26 pm
Good 2nd period, thought canada looked like they stepped up a gear, but the yanks kept themselves in it. Looks like we got a hockey game on our hands!

P.s. Anyone understand how Toews's name is pronounced "taves"?

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#83 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 09:50:30 pm
Good 2nd period, thought canada looked like they stepped up a gear, but the yanks kept themselves in it. Looks like we got a hockey game on our hands!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:04:53 pm by robertostallioni »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#84 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 09:52:55 pm

German name with an ö instead of oe so more like "Turves", not to be confused with the Welsh Toews

dave

#85 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 09:56:40 pm
Cheers ears.

dave

#86 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 11:01:51 pm
Awesome game, good to see Crosby come good when it mattered. Awesome, all canada's goals were great too, fucking high standard.

AndyR

• forum hero
#87 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 28, 2010, 11:26:21 pm
Awesome game, good to see Crosby come good when it mattered. Awesome, all canada's goals were great too, fucking high standard.
Fuck Yeah! What a game - Sid the Kid pulled it out of the bag - nice to beat the yanks too - I've only just got over my hangover from Friday night after the semi.......

dave

There was a genious line in the commentary from Bob Ballard, when the USA had just pulled their netminder at the end: "There are six americans on the ice at the moment, and one of them isn't Ryan Miller". Nice on Bob. Straight to Colemanballs?

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
#89 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 10, 2012, 09:38:49 am
Thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one. It's not the olympics, but still GB Womens Skeleton.

Shelley wins the season overall World Cup and new upstart Lizzie Yarnold creams the field, winning by 0.5s for her first proper win in her first senior season.

(She also won in St Moritz, but with only 1 run as the second run was cancelled due to snow)

Looks like the new future of GB Skeleton is here.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#90 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 10, 2012, 02:57:06 pm
Looks like the new future of GB Skeleton is here.

Yeah it's brill news, Mrs Obi and Mrs AndyB know Shell well. Lets hope the result and news coverage get her a major sponsor which she has been lacking recently so she can continue.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#91 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 18, 2012, 10:06:45 am
Just watching the track cycling from yesterday at the velodrome. Pendleton has just blown the favourites(Aussies) away on the second lap. Outrageous! Thought she'd peaked 4 years ago, but obviously not.

Cannot help thinking that while this comp will prep the team for the Olympics, it will also prep the other countries more. A mistake in my view.

Pendleton WAS awesome, by the way. First 10 mins here... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01cbrv2/Track_Cycling_World_Cup_2012_17_02_2012/

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#92 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
February 18, 2012, 10:48:09 am
Wow. Womens pursuit team have just won the final with a perfect race.  :popcorn: without Wendy Hoofynoofy.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#93 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
January 21, 2014, 02:12:47 pm
hard to believe its 4 years on....

http://www.sochi2014.com/en

17 days away!

Keen to see slopestyle included and not just half pipe this year.

dave

#94 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
January 21, 2014, 03:12:47 pm
Any idea who's the top shortie this year on the skeleton front? Rudman or Williams.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#95 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
January 21, 2014, 03:26:42 pm
Any idea who's the top shortie this year on the skeleton front? Rudman or Williams.
Get with the programme, Williams retired to do celeb TV a couple of years ago.  ;) Shelley is about 3rd in the world rankings although she hasn't been at her best during the Olympic quals so fingers crossed. Theres another brit called Lizzy Yarnold whose also doing pretty well. British team should be Rudman/Yarnold all being well. They find out tomorrow.

galpinos

• forum hero
#96 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
January 21, 2014, 04:44:21 pm
hard to believe its 4 years on....
http://www.sochi2014.com/en
17 days away!
Keen to see slopestyle included and not just half pipe this year.

The addition of slope style actually means chances for medals in skiing in Woodsy (James Woods - Sheffield lad) and maybe. Katie Summerhayes. Rowan Cheshire in the halfpipe might be in with a shout too.

I'm pretty sure there's some slopestyle boarding hopefuls aren't there Chris? It'd be nice for Team GB to medal on skis or board for once.

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
#97 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
January 22, 2014, 09:34:13 am
Get with the programme, Williams retired to do celeb TV a couple of years ago.  ;) Shelley is about 3rd in the world rankings although she hasn't been at her best during the Olympic quals so fingers crossed. Theres another brit called Lizzy Yarnold whose also doing pretty well. British team should be Rudman/Yarnold all being well. They find out tomorrow.

It's say that Lizzy Yarnold is the possibly the biggest chance of a medal at the games.

World No. 1 with 4 wins this season, including last weekend.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#98 Re: Fuck me, des plus brillants exploits
January 23, 2014, 09:20:38 am
I'm pretty sure there's some slopestyle boarding hopefuls aren't there Chris? It'd be nice for Team GB to medal on skis or board for once.

No idea TBH, it all kind of snuck up on me. I love watching the slopestyle, more so than halfpipe, so glad it's in whoever's in with a shout.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal