UKBouldering.com

Cunty Drone Man - rural myth or real life rock star? (Read 2563 times)

slab_happy

• forum hero
Wow! A thread for adult men to -ostensibly- find amusement in typing the c-word and variations thereof.

UKB truly at its best.

As an adult woman, I would like to join in to say that while I'm not mad keen on "cunt" as a term of abuse, "Cunty Drone Man" is delightfully euphonious.

I'm glad we're all feeling so connected to the simple wonders of nature and local folklore (the song of the willow warbler, the hum of the drone, the loud shouts of "CUNT" as someone falls off again ...), and I hope that Cunty Drone Man can remain a mystery to delight and entrance us all.

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
It seems an appropriate place to post this:

[TED Talks Daily] An honest history of an ancient and "nasty" word | Kate Lister #tedTalksDaily
https://podcastaddict.com/ted-talks-daily/episode/121217380 via @PodcastAddict

I don't often use the word 'cunt' because most people see it as a highly offensive term, however personally I don't have any issues with it.

As per the link above, the etymology is less derogatory than the other common terms for female genitalia, which usually come from something like 'sheath', i.e. a place to put a sword. The word also has a wonderfully satisfying sound to it.

I'm also a fan of this thread and have enjoyed the myth of CDM  :2thumbsup:

rodma

• forum hero
I came here to find out whomever the piper standing in Princes St covering Badly Drawn Boy was,  but instead found peak UKB as per usual   ;D :tumble:

Tony

• menacing presence
  • “Comedic genius”
I don't often use the word 'c***' because most people see it as a highly offensive term, however personally I don't have any issues with it.

I don’t particularly like the word and the way it is used in the present, regardless of its history. But, in the main, I wass mainly just using this thread to demonstrate that it’s not always very clear what is and is not offensive to different people. And that stepping in to “do the right thing” is rarely as clear cut as some people seem to think.

As an adult woman, I would like to join in to say that while I'm not mad keen on "c***" as a term of abuse, "C***y Drone Man" is delightfully euphonious.
I certainly didn’t mean to imply that males have a monopoly on puerile behaviour, simply that only men (AFAIK) had up to that point participated.

Carry on.

andy moles

• forum abuser
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cunty

The word 'cunty' was reclaimed by the queer voguing scene of the late 80s, and popularised in that idiom by Beyoncé's seminal 2022 album Renaissance.

Keep up Tony.

ToxicBilberry

If T-Crack was 8B, the unmasking of drone cunt would be a relatively simple deductive process. Cross referencing any number of ‘8B wad’ drone cunts operating in the area known for their proclivity for swearing with recent social media postings and the 8B list floating around. Drone cunt isn’t an individual.

Tony

• menacing presence
  • “Comedic genius”
The word 'c***y' was reclaimed by the queer voguing scene of the late 80s, and popularised in that idiom by Beyoncé's seminal 2022 album Renaissance.

So you’re saying UKB is a hang out of the queer voguing scene? Or that many users are guilty of cultural appropriation?

That said, that hasn’t been the word used on many occasions. Also, many posts in the thread, including the initial post, are fair enough. But quite a lot would appear purely for the titillation of their author, simply because of the word in question.

Had the word been “runt”, I posit that there would have been significantly less interest, despite being equally “euphonious” in any sonic sense.

Dingdong

• forum abuser
Wow, I can't believe it. Guys, you've actually managed it. This is officially the most boring thread to ever be created on here. Congratulations!

ToxicBilberry

Wow, I can't believe it. Guys, you've actually managed it. This is officially the most boring thread to ever be created on here. Congratulations!

C’mon, don’t be cunty.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal