UKBouldering.com

Houndkirk Moor UPDATE (Read 26720 times)

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#25 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 12, 2010, 01:36:23 pm
and did you realise you're quite tall for your name...................? ;)

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#26 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 12, 2010, 02:10:37 pm
Yeah I thought it might be. Still bloody good effort biking to the meeting. Maybe do a carshare for the next one?

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
#27 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 15, 2010, 11:16:26 am
Yeah I thought it might be. Still bloody good effort biking to the meeting. Maybe do a carshare for the next one?

Car share?  I'll give you a backy maybe.............

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#28 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 15, 2010, 11:13:51 pm
Just as quick update, I've been in contact with a few MP's regarding this issue and they appear to be more than receptive.

A few more voices supporting the ban of all 4x4 on national park BOAT etc might well push things past the tipping point.

Remember there's an election coming, let's make that lobby work for us.

nomorespam2009@live.co.uk

• regular
#29 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 16, 2010, 07:34:08 pm
Yeah good idea....  Will probably do the same and point out how dependent they were on the good will of 4x4 owners in all the recent  snow and bad weather and the impact that could have on their budgets and popularity when people get stranded if 4x4 owners decide not to help in future........

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#30 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 16, 2010, 07:53:57 pm
cartman

Sloper

• forum hero
#31 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 16, 2010, 10:27:34 pm
Yeah good idea....  Will probably do the same and point out how dependent they were on the good will of 4x4 owners in all the recent  snow and bad weather and the impact that could have on their budgets and popularity when people get stranded if 4x4 owners decide not to help in future........

If you need some help with basic grammar, explanation as to how the PDNPA, PPJPA and related bodies relate, lobbying and so on please do let me know, rates start from £500 per day.

:wank: :wave:

nomorespam2009@live.co.uk

• regular
#32 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 12:17:31 am

If you need some help with basic grammar, explanation as to how the PDNPA, PPJPA and related bodies relate, lobbying and so on please do let me know, rates start from £500 per day.

You want to be careful there Sloper - you'll get a repetitive strain injury doing that all the time. I bet that hand motion is very effective when in court too.

Funnily enough basic grammar isn't a problem for me and I certainly don't need any explanations from you. As for your rates, they are substantially lower than mine my friend....(not that its relevant). Maybe that's why I drive a 4x4 and you ride a bike.

If you recall your original post was about talking to MPs. As a general rule I have always found politicians will agree with the person talking to them as they think that by doing so they will have won an extra vote. Whether they have any intention to carry out what was discussed with you is of course another matter.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#33 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 07:46:13 am
Oh yes, the country wouldn't have been able to cope without 4x4 owners.  The fleet of X5's doing the rounds each morning in the snow was a sight to behold. :P

Sloper

• forum hero
#34 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 11:30:06 am

You want to <should> be careful there Sloper<[color=];[/color]> - you'll get a repetitive strain injury doing that all the time. I bet that <[color=]that[/color]> hand motion is <[color=]also[/color]> very effective when in court too.

Funnily enough basic grammar isn't a problem for me and I certainly don't need any explanations <[color=]an explanation[/color]> from you.  As for your rates, they are substantially lower than mine my friend <[color=]friend's[/color]>....(not that its relevant). Maybe that's why I drive a 4x4 and you ride a bike.

If you recall your original post was about talking to MPs. As a general rule I have always found politicians will agree with the person talking to them<[color=],[/color]> as they think that by doing so they will have won an extra vote. Whether they have any intention to carry out <[color=]through[/color]>what was discussed with you is<,> of course another matter.

Corrected for grammar. Ohhh and for the record I don't ride a bike.

Childish I know but what the hell.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#35 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 11:48:38 am

You want to should be careful there Sloper ; - you'll get a repetitive strain injury doing that all the time. I bet that that hand motion is also very effective when in court too.

Funnily enough basic grammar isn't a problem for me and I certainly don't need any explanations an explanation from you.  As for your rates, they are substantially lower than mine my friend friend's....(not that its relevant). Maybe that's why I drive a 4x4 and you ride a bike.

If you recall your original post was about talking to MPs. As a general rule I have always found politicians will agree with the person talking to them, as they think that by doing so they will have won an extra vote. Whether they have any intention to carry out through what was discussed with you is, of course another matter.

Corrected for BBcode, although I think you've misinterpreted nomorespam2009@live.co.uk as he is implying that his fees for correcting grammar are greater than yours.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#36 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 12:17:28 pm
Not as high as my fees for correcting grammar.......

That's why you drive a 4 x 4 and I fly around in my Learjet drinking Cristal out of diamond encrusted John Calleija glasses and lighting my Butera Vintage Select cigars with £50 notes.

Beat that!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#37 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 12:28:23 pm
...although I think you've misinterpreted nomorespam2009@live.co.uk as he is implying that his fees for correcting grammar are greater than yours.

Upon second reading though, you may well have corrected it as such to suggest that nomorespam2009@live.co.uk's friends would be more suited to correct grammar than.  :-\

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#38 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 12:31:34 pm
Funnily enough basic grammar isn't a problem for me and I certainly don't need any explanations an explanation from you.  As for your rates, they are substantially lower than mine my friend friend's....(not that its relevant). Maybe that's why I drive a 4x4 and you ride a bike.

Corrected for BBcode, although I think you've misinterpreted nomorespam2009@live.co.uk as he is implying that his fees for correcting grammar are greater than yours.

I am severely disappointed that both Sloper and Slack---speller missed that itinerant "its".  What is the world coming to?  I'm so annoyed I am tempted to punter you both  :rtfm:  Grrrrr etc

Sloper

• forum hero
#39 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 12:38:16 pm
<hangs head in shame>, but please excuse me, my 'pedantry 101' course was such a long, long, time ago.

Anyway, after a bit of work I might go onto LRO.com to update them.

If anyone wants the password for Sloper send me a 'pm'.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
#40 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 04:17:02 pm
And how dare anyone suggest my dear friend and drinking partner sloper would ride a velocipede!  Good god, far too proletarian!  Let's face it he only drinks with me because he thinks he can turn me to the dark side........

....funnily enough though, I'm beginning to find those Cameroon posters strangely persuasive......

Oh, and nomorespam, if that's what we have to call you, do you have any idea how snobby you sounded in your post?  If not, seek help....

Sloper

• forum hero
#41 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 04:31:39 pm
You are turning to the dark side, you just don't quite realise that inside the tired out trot there's a thrusting young tory ready to burst out and embrace the power of capitalism.

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#42 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 04:35:07 pm
Did anyone see the Observer piece on the most romantic places in Britain on Sunday.
Nick Clegg (Sheffield MP) choose Stanage Edge which he apparently walks along with his wife.
If this guy enjoys the beauty of the peak district surly he's one to get onboard as I 'm sure
a troop of 4x4's bounding along the causeway or Houndkirk wouldn't  add to his walks ?

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#43 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 04:57:52 pm
I own a 4x4 (I actually need one for work) and offered to make deliveries during the bad weather.
Are you seriously saying you would let people stay in difficulty, when you had the opportunity and means to help just because someone took your ball away? I do hope you're not representative of 4x4 owners in general, childish and selfish is a pretty miserable way to go through life.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#44 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 05:38:00 pm
its such a great argument isn't it;

we helped the old dear next door get her shopping when it was snowing so that must give us automatic permission to go and tear up the countryside

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
#45 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 06:00:30 pm
You are turning to the dark side, you just don't quite realise that inside the tired out trot there's a thrusting young tory ready to burst out and embrace the power of capitalism.

Thrusting?!  Young?!  Suggesting there's a tory molecule in my body somehow doesn't sound so ludicrous after that!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#46 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 06:06:45 pm
I once helped out on a mountain rescue. Does that give me a right to roam?

tomtom

• forum hero
#47 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 06:53:18 pm
its such a great argument isn't it;

we helped the old dear next door get her shopping when it was snowing so that must give us automatic permission to go and tear up the countryside

You are bang on the money there Jim.   :agree:

Sloper

• forum hero
#48 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 07:44:37 pm
Did anyone see the Observer piece on the most romantic places in Britain on Sunday.
Nick Clegg (Sheffield MP) choose Stanage Edge which he apparently walks along with his wife.
If this guy enjoys the beauty of the peak district surly he's one to get onboard as I 'm sure
a troop of 4x4's bounding along the causeway or Houndkirk wouldn't  add to his walks ?

yeah and if he can't see the communication mast which is clearly visible in the distance he needs his eyes testing. 

Having said that I think he's a decent sort (in a one nation tory but not tory kind of way) on board and will be dropping words int he right ears.

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#49 Re: Houndkirk Moor UPDATE
February 17, 2010, 09:08:48 pm
Just  sent Mr Clegg an email via his website lets see what he's got to say.

I'm just lovin those targeted google ads at the bottom of the page any one for a 4x4 ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal