UKBouldering.com

Bouldering Mat(s) in a Seat Arosa/VW Lupo? (Read 5518 times)

benj_d

• menacing presence
probably not the right category... anyway..

I am thinking of buying a Seat Arosa 1.4 16v, as i'm 19 and this car is quick, economic and not too bad to insure (pretty rare to have all 3!) HOWEVER, I am not sure if I can get a bouldering mat or mats in it. I have a Moon Warrior and an Alpkit Woomf.

If anyone has an arosa or a lupo could they tell me whether they manage to fit mats into it, i.e with two back seats down or is it possible for the woomf to get in the boot with a squeeze without moving the seats? thanks  :great:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Here let me google that for you.

The second site in the returned list of hits has the boot dimensions.  Repeat this for the dimensions of the Moon pad (or just go to MoonClimbing) and the Alpkit and you should be able to suss this out yourself.  ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

Maybe instead of searching we just ask slacklinux to find it? I know he loves it when people don't google.

:-[ Work is unfortunately getting busier these days  >:(

Evidently the draw of LMGTFY outweighs employment pressures.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Maybe instead of searching we just ask slacklinux to find it? I know he loves it when people don't google.

:-[ Work is unfortunately getting busier these days  >:(

Evidently the draw of LMGTFY outweighs employment pressures.

It was too tempting (plus I warm to work slowly in the mornings!).

benj_d

• menacing presence

The second site in the returned list of hits has the boot dimensions.  Repeat this for the dimensions of the Moon pad (or just go to MoonClimbing) and the Alpkit and you should be able to suss this out yourself.  ;)

Thanks for being witty as always slacks but that list only has the boot capacity in litres as do most other websites which doesnt help me >:( so i'm no further forward but i think i might just go for the car and do anything i can to squeeze my mats in, when theres a will theres a way and all that..

Dirty Lion

• regular
You won't be able to get a pad in the boot, however I have fitted two pads roughly the same size as you have in the back of a Lupo with the back seats down, or don't put the seats down and sit them across the back seats. Works fine

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
You could probably find the dimesions out there somewhere, or wander into your local Halfords and flick through a Haynes manual (might find one online maybe too).

andy_e

• forum hero
r man might be a better man to tell you but i remember us being able to get loads in his, including some in the boot.

benj_d

• menacing presence
thanks for the answers everyone, just need to wait for the money to come from my insurance company now to get the arosa as my little 1.0l Polo was written off by a woman trying to turn right in the left lane of a roundabout on a dual carriageway while i was in the right lane... straight into my passenger side..  :furious: hehe

clm

• forum hero
Im thinking of buying a bouldering mat.  To save money i was wondering if you could find one in side a kinder surprise.  Any advice?  The little yellow plastic egg often strikes me as rather spacious.

benj_d

• menacing presence
Im thinking of buying a bouldering mat.  To save money i was wondering if you could find one in side a kinder surprise.  Any advice?  The little yellow plastic egg often strikes me as rather spacious.

no i've tried but you can fit a pair of rock shoes and some chalk in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal