UKBouldering.com

Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester (Read 100047 times)

iain_cbr

• addict
  • Weak lanky wannabe
    • A Ponderer's Ramblings
I didn't mind paying a quid for a brew this morning. Mind you, I had just been given a hunderd weight of freebie caramel shortcake!
Cheers, it was delicious!

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Someone trying to make money off the business they've started? Twats.
:lol:

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Yep ive bought a few brews in my time, thats exactly the problem, i can easily go through 4 in one wall session, thats why the nice boys at boulder throw a few freebies in for me.
Ok here's a comparsion for y'all

BoulderUK was 50p now 60p
Awcw was 70p now 80p
Westview 120p (posh machine thing)
Rockover 100p
Manchester Climbing Centre... ?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Yep ive bought a few brews in my time, thats exactly the problem, i can easily go through 4 in one wall session, thats why the nice boys at boulder throw a few freebies in for me.
Ok here's a comparsion for y'all

BoulderUK was 50p now 60p
Awcw was 70p now 80p
Westview 120p (posh machine thing)
Rockover 100p
Manchester Climbing Centre... ?

Which gives a mean price of £0.90 (Standard deviation £0.25) and a median price £0.90 (based on current prices).

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
I rest my case.  ;)

andy_e

• forum hero
Get a car kettle! Brew up along the way!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#256 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
February 04, 2012, 12:10:47 pm
I was there for the first time a couple of days ago whilst visiting family in Manchester (was planning to go to Broughton for old times' sake, but Rockover turns out to be much easier to get to by public transport).

Friendly staff
+1
Very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Loads of space/light, good temp
I founds this to be not the case, and it would actually be my major gripe. The corridor behind the comp wall seemed to have some interestingly-set slabby problems, but on some of them it was hard to tell in the near pitch darkness. Dingy white hold, or pale yellow?

In general I found the setting fun but the grading at my level massively soft. I was doing purples, some whites, and some comp and brown circuit problems that were marked around V3/V4, and flashed quite a few of them. I don't speak fluent V, but according to Rockfax V3/4 should equate to around 6B/+, and I know for damn sure that I don't routinely flash 6B/+ anywhere else that I climb regularly, indoors or out.

danm

• junky
#257 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
February 04, 2012, 12:36:34 pm
I live in Sheffield but work in Manchester, so it makes a nice change going to a bouldering wall other than the Works in the week. Rockover makes a good contrast - in general the problems are not as well set as the Works, and the lighting can be a little sketchy. On the plus sides, the problems seem burlier and better for training as opposed to simulating outdoor problems, if that makes sense. I always feel really worked after Rockover, which isn't always the case at the Works.

There also is plenty of room to properly warm up, stretch etc at Rockover, and you don't have small children running underneath you like what happens too often for comfort at the Works.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal