UKBouldering.com

Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester (Read 100782 times)

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
#225 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
November 17, 2010, 11:36:27 am
it was nice to see a few of the broughton massive down last night.

felt kind of motivated, tho the new set on the comp wall was a tad hard for an aging punter like me.
got home and did feel i had a good workout

maybe_si

• player
#226 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
November 17, 2010, 07:41:37 pm

Scerpico - really glad you had a decent session this time, it was good to see the broughton massive out in force last night!

I set a new white circuit (V4-5) today so there is 28 new problems to go at!

BenF

• forum hero
#227 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
November 18, 2010, 12:05:53 pm
I paid a visit for the first time on Sunday and thought it was an excellent wall with some great problems and angles.  I particularly liked the red circuit; some really thoughtful problems there. 

fozzie

#228 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 13, 2010, 08:26:29 pm
Awesome in Stockport is pretty good

saltbeef

• forum hero
#229 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 13, 2010, 10:18:41 pm

really?

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#230 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 14, 2010, 09:56:04 am

Is it Awesome tho?

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
#231 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 14, 2010, 10:44:51 am
I've heard its especially Awesome now that they've put sandpaper on the majority of the bouldering surface.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#232 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 14, 2010, 12:21:32 pm
I've heard its especially Awesome now that they've put sandpaper on the majority of the bouldering surface.

I am not sure why they have done that. It seems a little pointless and also shreads the tips of your fingers when you snatch at small holds.

tomtom

• forum hero
#233 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 14, 2010, 02:43:20 pm
I quite like the Logport wall... its just about the right size/setting frequency for my week/every other week visit - has 1/2 price lunchtime bouldering deal and for me is 15 min down the road. Problems are normally well set and I like them (Vickers work?). For me Rockover is a pain in the arse to get to - I just cant be arsed with getting through Manchester during day or evening.... but thats just where I am I guess
 :shrug:

Personally I'd rather be outside whatever, and the wall is just a gym...

AFAIK the 'sand paper' (textured paint it looked like to me) was only on the newer Ohanging section - but that was last week...

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
#234 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 14, 2010, 04:50:22 pm
I think if you get yourself on the inner ring/relief road (M57?) from whatever direction and then along Deansgate it is pretty accessible. It's definately easier to get to if your using public transport. Either way its horses for courses but I just think Rockover is superior value for money. Oh and I have enough skin issues as it is

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#235 Re: Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester
December 14, 2010, 09:00:52 pm
A57(M). Go down Deansgate - can be slow but better than some other routes. If returning and Deansgate very busy you can go parallel along it on more minor roads on the Salford side.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
First time in on Sun. Good wall i like it. Couple of my comments,

Good problems
Loads of space/light, good temp
Good tunes
Friendly staff

Severe lack of problems around V6/V7 (a grade a lot climb at) and i thought you could double the routes on the comp wall.

...and i dont like to gripe behind peoples back but a quid for a brew! a quid, and hand made as well! You can get 40 t bags for a quid where i come from, drop of milk and some hot wata, must be a couple 1000% mark up there. This left a bit of a bitter after taste to be honest, thats a rip boys.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
...and i dont like to gripe behind peoples back but a quid for a brew! a quid, and hand made as well! You can get 40 t bags for a quid where i come from, drop of milk and some hot wata, must be a couple 1000% mark up there. This left a bit of a bitter after taste to be honest, thats a rip boys.

Get a flask?  :shrug:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
This left a bit of a bitter after taste

That's water in Manchester for you  ;)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds

Get a flask?  :shrug:

Tea in a flask  :shrug: ..  sadist.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I don't drink tea or coffee so have no point of reference, but if you're not happy with the price its one possible solution.

You don't actually have to put the tea in the flask, you could get that £1 box of 40 tea bags and have hot water in your flask, and put the two together yourself.  Pinch a few sugar satchets from somewhere and take one of these if you have yours white...

(Might cost the centre a fair bit to keep an urn boiling to provide tea/boil a kettle every time someone wants a mug, then there is paying someone to serve it up to you  :shrug:)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds

Is Manchester water not our recycled piss? Double bitter filtered.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog

Is Manchester water not our recycled piss? Double bitter filtered.

Yeah but keep in quiet!

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds

(Might cost the centre a fair bit to keep an urn boiling to provide tea/boil a kettle every time someone wants a mug, then there is paying someone to serve it up to you  :shrug:)

Is that not what the £7.90 entrance for? To pay wages etc. If they were selling chocolate bars at £1.50 to cover staff costs and storage facilities it would prompt questions... so why brews? 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I'd imagine there are also over-heads such as ground rent/council tax for business/electricity to light the place/heating the place/etc.....

I don't eat chocolate either so couldn't comment, but I accept if I want a can of fizzy drink or a flapjack I'm going to pay more from a climbing wall (last time I bought a Flapjack at The Foundry it was something like £1.20) or pub than if I bought in bulk from the supermarket/made it at home.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
Probes, don't ever go to Starbucks - you'll explode.
If you're going to go T'big city you'll have to get used to their fancy ways and expensive prices.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Ha ha. I guess you can take the boy out of chorley...

Ill reel my neck in.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom

wind your neck in, best water in the country, by a mile.
A quid for a brew isn't too bad tbh. Its 20p at out work. Have you ever paid for a cup of tea anywhere else before?
It would seem like you haven't

maybe_si

• player

Cheers for the feedback, you are right we do have a lack of V6/7 at the moment and we will be adding more routes at these grades asap.  As for a quid for a brew? I think its pretty fair, in fact you are the first person who has even mentioned it!

Cheers

Simon

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
wind your neck in, best water in the country, by a mile.
A quid for a brew isn't too bad tbh. Its 20p at out work. Have you ever paid for a cup of tea anywhere else before?
It would seem like you haven't

21p surely Jim?

If you don't want to pay a quid for a brew then don't, they don't hold a shotgun to your head do they? Someone trying to make money off the business they've started? Twats.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal