UKBouldering.com

oops....i made the hold bigger!!! (Read 2287 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
April 14, 2003, 05:51:53 pm
Anyone heading to burbage bridge to try that quite hard and technical dyno thing (left of prob 10, Peak bouldering guide) might find it a little easier as i snapped the top of the left foothold off with my huge girth...and for once the edge it uncovered is actually larger.
bad news is that the whole of the lump that forms it is hollow and theres movement when weighted. And if that goes me thinks there be no more good footholds.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
April 14, 2003, 10:44:29 pm
not got my guide to hand - you mean Rocketman??

u fat cuhnt  :wink:

dave

#2 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
April 15, 2003, 08:51:18 am
You clumsy fecker! I hadn't done this yet, and now its spoiled, boo hoo.

DUnno what business a short-arse has trying a dyno anyway, you know the law of the jungle, tallies stick to dynos and shorties stick to traverses, then eveyones happy.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#3 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
April 15, 2003, 10:19:24 am
Like to challenge the tall domination  of this sport occasionally dave, u know all you tall bastards running round claiming you climb hard when all your doing is using your reach to span past all the hard moves....... :wink:
id go and do it soon mate, nother winter and the whole hold will be off

dave

#4 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
April 15, 2003, 10:23:57 am
I hit the top a month or so ago, I am keen to do it, Did you get it?

What about someone doing a very-subtle araldite job on it? also i recon that undercling on the Nose needs sorting out, cos last time i was there it was creaking like a geriatric doing pilates.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#5 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
April 15, 2003, 10:54:47 am
Very much doubt wether you could do a good job on the hold cos its very crumbly, theres a water stain behind it, so freeze thaw this winter will shatter it i reckon. Ive the top of the hold at home but its very crumbly, very pink. Oh well, if it goes will just have a super hard dyno rather than a vaguely hard one

dave

#6 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
May 07, 2003, 10:57:32 pm
Got back on this today - i can say the improved foothold don't really make any odds to it, it still couldn't do it, but very nearly got. That was until it took a piece of skin off my hand the size of Lake Michigan....

Sadly i agree it could all come off in the winter though, since the hold is as hollow as a New Labour promise.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
May 07, 2003, 11:25:24 pm
Quote from: "dave"
That was until it took a piece of skin off my hand the size of Lake Michigan....

Nasty  :cry:

dave

#8 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
May 08, 2003, 08:55:31 am
In all honesty it took 2 small bits off. One on my palm bled a lot bit is almost invisible now, one on my little finger is deep, incredibly painful and still bleeding. Bugger. Limestone anyone?

dave

#9 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
December 08, 2003, 09:54:49 am
let me update:

had a look at this last week, the broken foothold is now gone completely, except for a few protruding crystals. my guess isthe dyno just got a lot harder!

ian h

• forum abuser
#10 oops
December 08, 2003, 02:05:23 pm
what grade does this now go at? what did it go at?

is it quality?

so is this rocket man?

dave

#11 oops....i made the hold bigger!!!
December 08, 2003, 02:15:06 pm
dunno, 7b+, yes and yes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal