fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Boreal Storm slippers
December 30, 2009, 10:14:15 pm
Heads up.

all you achilles suffering boulderers out there may want to try some of these
www.outside.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/4508%7C%7C~@c~Rock~Boots~@b%7C0%7Cuser%7C1,0,0,1%7C34%7C

sorry to use  a shop link. cant find the formal blurb.

I just got a pair from the works. nice old school suede... so I'm hoping for some stretch to fit.. as they feel really comfy though I have bought well tight. no toe crushing mind.

think Old anaszai toe, a strap system that feels similar to evolutions, a little banana bendy with a really really solid heel that is way low...

hope the rubber is halfway decent... time will tell.

Tommy

• junky
#1 Re: Boreal Storm slippers
December 30, 2009, 10:20:27 pm
Flippin hell. I've just looked at the bottom of that page and seen how much a pair of climbing shoes cost! Glad I stick to carpet slippers. I might edge like a punter, but I can buff a jug like no one can....

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#2 Re: Boreal Storm slippers
December 30, 2009, 10:23:07 pm
interesting point.

£90 for a pair of shoes that will last me about 9 months... the range is about £ 70 to 110.. does that price difference matter in terms of time spent in the shoes of your desire / fit / performance?

I dunno...

but I dont look too much at the price.. I go for the fit. there again I can spend that in a day trashing my bike doing DH MTB

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#3 Re: Boreal Storm slippers
January 09, 2010, 09:30:28 pm
Flippin hell. I've just looked at the bottom of that page and seen how much a pair of climbing shoes cost! Glad I stick to carpet slippers. I might edge like a punter, but I can buff a jug like no one can....

Tommy boy, i don't know why you're looking at that sort of thing, you know these are what you should be wearing:
http://www.acopausa.com/product.jsp?navigation=3&content=12
 ;)
T

Tommy

• junky
#4 Re: Boreal Storm slippers
January 11, 2010, 08:27:47 pm
Good point oh creamy one! In fact I think I have a pair of EBs tucked away somewhere. Tried them on some wide and they were in fact crap.

Come on over our place next time you're in Shef - I'll show you what you can do with a pair of high tops in our cellar.....   ;) 

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#5 Re: Boreal Storm slippers
January 23, 2010, 05:47:20 pm
Come on over our place next time you're in Shef - I'll show you what you can do with a pair of high tops in our cellar.....   ;) 

cripes. I seem to have mislaid my pvc  and chains though. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal