UKBouldering.com

Aims for 2010 (Read 59641 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#175 Re: Aims for 2010
January 01, 2011, 05:17:53 pm
just mainatained my own self worth... 7a in font.

rest of the year clinmbing wise... epic fail. TBF i just gave up for 6 months and went biking... first doubles  8), much better flow ;D

started to learn the basics of bodyboarding, fantastic fun

not needed the NHS all year...... big win  8)

nik at work

• forum hero
#176 Re: Aims for 2010
January 01, 2011, 08:09:18 pm
Climbing;
1 - Pretty much the same as this year as I've failed to tick muchHad some good ticks including some pleasing and totally unexpected trad joy but nothing on the official to do list , a a failure tempered with notional elements of success, OK I failed and this should be in red...
2 - Climb 8-something sport (if that's not already on the list from last year, I can't remember)Fail, so near but so far, this year...
3 - 8A in Font as ever...Tickety tick

Not Climbing:
1 - Build my son a bedroomfail
2 - Build a sitting roomNeeds plastering and flooring but all built.
3 - Install a wood burner in said sitting roomSorted
4 - Design and build a wood burner boilerDesigned but not built
5 - Design and build a secret door that looks like a bookcaseDesigned and under construction
6 - Look seriously at solar water heatersLooked at them, may install some but probably not till next year (2012) as I can make more beneficial changes to the house first
7 - Build some planting beds and get down with the homegrown vibeCarrots, spuds, garlic, spring onions, courgettes, parsnips, strawberries
8 - Learn something new (current options are playing the piano, French or sign language but we'll see)Total complete fail
Had a good first half or so of the year, tailed off big time to a dreadful last couple of months. Actually got quite a few pleasing things sorted (both climbing and non-climbing) but typically most of them weren't on the tick list. Roll-over please...

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#177 Re: Aims for 2010
January 01, 2011, 08:35:42 pm
2 - Climb 8-something sport (if that's not already on the list from last year, I can't remember)Fail, so near but so far, this year...

Frankly redonkulous.

7 - Build some planting beds and get down with the homegrown vibeCarrots, spuds, garlic, spring onions, courgettes, parsnips, strawberries

Keeping the beds a max of 5 feet deep, eh?

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#178 Re: Aims for 2010
January 01, 2011, 10:21:51 pm
1 - Satisfying sloper problem (Brownstones) Frustratingly close, but no cigar, lack of lank the primary reason
2 - Pickpocket's Crack (Widdop) Crushed May 2010
3 - Hacker start (Wilton 1) Crushed March 2010
4 -Verdinand (Brownstones) Only tried this a couple of times, can get to the break so far
5 - Burnt Heather (Thorn) Not been up for ages
6 - Catfoot (Round Barn) ditto
7 - Staffs Flyer (Roaches) ditto tried anf failed briefly
8 - Nexus dyno (Brownstones) Find this nails since the demise of the flake
9 -Pond Traverse (Brownstones) Not done it yet, but can now link every section, need to blast through...
10 - Lancashire PotHot (Brownstones) see above re; flake demise
11 - Elemental (Thorn) Not been up for ages either..
12 - Groundhog standing start (Brownstones) Not tried, bridge too far at the moment
(no.12 is ambitious...)

non-climbing:
put up fence Done
chop down trees in side garden yep
fix roof erm... Done!
new carpet... hohum
better crop of vegetables, i.e. not just yellow tomatoes.... yeah right

2 out of 12 is pretty abismal even by my standards, although with the little one's arrival the last two months of the year were basically written off.
Here's hoping that I can get some routine in order to permit some climbing this year, but it's likely to be busy!
Roll on the crush...

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#179 Re: Aims for 2010
January 01, 2011, 10:48:18 pm
I fear this may make depressing reading.

1. Finish off a couple of mid 7's I've not spent enough time trying Not sure I've actually tried any of them
2. The Terrace  Tried and failed
3. The Joker (possible, but not probable)  Didn't go as well as I'd hoped
4. West Side Story  I may've been avoiding this one
5. Buckstone Dyno - tried one day, should go next time   Can't even remember if I've tried it again
6. Sur-Prises (Isatis)   Tried and failed
7. Any Font 8A (assuming failure on no. 3)   Didn't really give myself a chance
8. Go to St. Bees  Yay. One tick!
9. Lose weight   EPIC FAIL
10. Get stronger   FAIL

I think I may ignore the 2011 version.

Tommy

• junky
#180 Re: Aims for 2010
January 01, 2011, 11:51:44 pm

1. Get my grit route project done - PASS
2. Do the link up line in All Elements cave, Bath - PASS (Woohoo! Fucking finally!)
3. The Sheep at Burbage.... FAIL (Fuck the sheep. I'm not feeling the love)
4. Some more fucking awesome stuff at Gogarth. Fucking love that place, whatever grade. PASS

5. Do Thai Boxing in Cham - PASS (Another offwidth classic...)
6. The FA proj I failed on last year in Orco - FAIL (I'm still too weak)
7. Eat 3 cream crackers in a minute - PASS
8. Horizontal Pleasures, Pembroke - FAIL (didn't go down there)
9. Laughing Arthur, Dorset - PASS (in a slightly variant way)
10. Go to Raven Tor at least 3 times.  PASS
10a. Do fuck loads of upside down situps til I puke. PASS (love the sickness)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#181 Re: Aims for 2010
January 02, 2011, 12:09:50 am
Ummm... surely you mean

1. Get my grit route project done - PASS
2. Do the link up line in All Elements cave, Bath - PASS (Woohoo! Fucking finally!)
3. The Sheep at Burbage.... FAIL (Fuck the sheep. I'm not feeling the love)
4. Some more fucking awesome stuff at Gogarth. Fucking love that place, whatever grade. PASS
5. Do Thai Boxing in Cham - PASS (Another offwidth classic...)
6. The FA proj I failed on last year in Orco - FAIL (I'm still too weak)
7. Eat 3 cream crackers in a minute - PASS
8. Horizontal Pleasures, Pembroke - FAIL (didn't go down there)
9. Laughing Arthur, Dorset - PASS (in a slightly variant way)
10. Go to Raven Tor at least 3 times.  PASS
10a. Do fuck loads of upside down situps til I puke. PASS (love the sickness)

Tommy

• junky
#182 Re: Aims for 2010
January 02, 2011, 01:23:32 pm
Ah yes, you're most correct! Despite doing Geography at Uni, I've clearly lost my colouring-in roots!!  ;D

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#183 Re: Aims for 2010
January 04, 2011, 08:39:08 am
After this year I'm just hoping to.........

1. Somehow find some time to train. NOT A CHANCE. A RUBBISH YEAR FOR TRAINING AND/OR CLIMBING.

2. Not get injured. TICK!!. BUT ONLY COS OF THE ABOVE.

3. Move house (so #1's probably out the window). TICK!! THIS AND HAVING A LOAD OF WORK DONE ON THE NEW PLACE HAS BEEN THE ONE SUCCESS OF THE YEAR.

>:(

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#184 Re: Aims for 2010
January 04, 2011, 09:06:49 pm
Continued from before:

1. Meet some Scottish climbers who want to get out rock-climbing rather than winter climbing / mtn biking / indoors. - Some improvement here, still got the most friends/partners in Aberdeen, but at last met some vaguely friendly Glaswegian climbers down at Dumby.

2. Keep getting my climbing fitness back. - yes, got full climbing fitness back, but found out it's hard to maintain and I need continuous activity.

3. Try to get as much of my general fitness back after crippling DVT and related vein damage this year (currently at 20% leg fitness maybe?) - nope, have realised this is simply not possible as am restricted by blood flow not CV fitness. Am working around it. Still very difficult although going to gym more.

4. Go abroad to Hatun Machay, Tenerife, maybe SA, and some of: Scandinavia / German Czech sandstone / Riglos or similar / Pedriza / Patones / Ireland. - yes to Tenerife, fail to get to scandinavia, rubbish, no to Hatun Machay and SA, fail on the rest too, must try a lot harder next year.

5. Assuming my fitness returns, climb in Scotland at as many of the following as I can: Beinn Eighe, Garbh Bheinn, Stac Polldaih, East Buttress Coire Lagan, Bonaid Dohn, Aonach Dubh, The Cobbler, Creag Ghlas - nope, only got to Aonach Dubh and that was hideously exhausting.

6. And, climb in Scotland at as many of the following as I can: Lewis - no - THE plan for next year, Sarclett - yes but need to go back, Mid-Clyth - yes but need to go back, Latheronwheel - yes!, Murcurry - yes!, Inverthingy Rock Gym - yes!, Ardmair - yes!, Lochan Dubh - yes!, Loch Tolldaihyes!, Tollie Crags, Rhubah Hunish, An T-Aigeach, Suidhe Biorach - yes but need to go back, Duntchellaig - yes!, Creag Dubh - yes but need to go back, Polldubh, Wave Buttress - yes!, Scoor - no, Erraid - no, , Glen Lednock - no,, Upper Cave Crag - yes Elephant Rock (it looks like an elephant!) - yes, Craig Stirling - yes but need to go back, Earnsheugh - no, various other Aber places - yes!, there might be a few more - not yet to all the others.

7. Tick big numbers. - yes, maintaining a pleasing and enjoyable trad standard. Also did okay flashing sport and redpointed harder than previous years

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal