UKBouldering.com

Jason's mono problem (Read 4444 times)

daddy long legs

• player
Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 07:59:40 am
Not sure if I did this yesterday, but here's what I did...RH undurcut, LH mono, feet on, RF slightly higher, then pop to jug with LH, crux sticking the jug....seemed surprisingly easy for 7a+, as I've never done one before, but maybe I was on the wrong problem...In Burbage, Millstone and beyond it describes a V5 prob around here, perhaps it was this....Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers

Nizza

• addict
    • Increasing The Calibre
#1 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 09:03:23 am
From what I remember that sounds like it. It's a long time ago that I did it but from memory the jug was slightly slopey flatish hold. As to the grade it's a dyno and fairly specific style problem. It's an awesome move take the tick and move on!

yorkshirewarcry

• player
#2 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 09:31:31 am
Not sure if I did this yesterday, but here's what I did...RH undurcut, LH mono, feet on, RF slightly higher, then pop to jug with LH, crux sticking the jug....seemed surprisingly easy for 7a+, as I've never done one before, but maybe I was on the wrong problem...In Burbage, Millstone and beyond it describes a V5 prob around here, perhaps it was this....Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers

That is indeed Jason's mono problem....at least that's how I did it.  I find it a bit awkward to get my right foot on the highest foothold too set up for the dyno.  Hitting the jug is no probs - holding it a bit tricky, despite it being a great hold.

Felt easy for 7a+ to me too.

Si also did it last year sometime when I was out there with him, so it must be easy!  ::)  Now you've done it, it must surely be heading south to the bottom of the "graded list"  :kiss1:

yorkshirewarcry

• player
#3 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 09:32:43 am
How did Breakfast go, by the way?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#4 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 12:02:13 pm
you probably found it easy due to your name

daddy long legs

• player
#5 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 12:06:42 pm
Breakfast was mint, top outs a bit dicey, had to straddle the finishing jug and claw my way up snowy heather! Happy to move on. Wanted a crack at The Nose, but top was ice rink so gave it a miss, that's next on list though.
Jason's was good too for a one move wonder. Def low in grade if I did it, I'd agree with BMC v5 dyno if that is the same problem as I couldn't find another dyno type prob there. Still ticking the 7a+ like  ;)

daddy long legs

• player
#6 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 12:07:50 pm
you probably found it easy due to your name

Aye cocka, the way of the lank!

grimer

• forum hero
#7 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 12:15:10 pm
I gave it V5 as it seemed to be the only problem in the area, and the 5 was an average of how it felt, with my height and all (even less than V5) and the fact there was supposed to be a 7a+ there somewhere.

tallsop

• addict
#8 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 02:39:33 pm
Hey, did this last summer, found it massively easy for 7a+, it only took me three go's so was very suspicious of the grade. Im ded tall too at 6ft5, maybe its just very morpho? thought maybe font 6b at the most imo. pretty good problem, nice one! :)

Nizza

• addict
    • Increasing The Calibre
#9 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 03:26:05 pm
it only took me three go's so was very suspicious of the grade. Im ded tall too at 6ft5, maybe its just very morpho? thought maybe font 6b at the most imo. pretty good problem, nice one! :)
I think you are always going to be suspicious of grades at your height  ;) .  Remember they are graded for those of average stature and I'm not sure whether you've noticed, but you may be alittle bit above that!  This is especially true for most dynos, remember despite what anybody says it's not your fault, it's just just the way you are built!  Although don't ever look smug when you find you can do them easily or you may just find a short arse headbutts you in the balls pretty damn quick!

tallsop

• addict
#10 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 04:11:21 pm
oh but i do love to wind up those angry dwarves!!!!! if anythin bein tall pisses me off, if i do somethin thats given a hard grade i never get credit for it, its jst cos im tall  apparrently.  :shrug:

dave

#11 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 05:53:37 pm
if you're a 6ft5 streak of piss then you should be able to span from undercut to break.

For anyone finding jason's too easy try the harder RH problem. Similar thing only this time left hand in undercut, rh on a small edge, jump to break with right hand.

tallsop

• addict
#12 Re: Jason's mono problem
December 20, 2009, 06:18:53 pm
i am indeed (as you so eloquently put it...) a '6ft5 lanky streak of piss'. i still dynoed/slapped for it. will check out that variation, cheers for the suggestion dave :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal