UKBouldering.com

UKB RSS Feed (Read 2107 times)

Fatboy

• menacing presence
  • BFG (Bouldering Freak of Gangliness)
UKB RSS Feed
December 17, 2009, 11:58:05 am
I am using Google Reader as my RSS reader/collater/etc but the UKB RSS feed isnt updating in line with new posts that are coming in and when it does update it does it for just a few posts and nowhere near as near to realtime as the rest of the feeds I am following.

Does anyone else have this issue, know why it is or have any insight/solutions please??

Thanks all.  8)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: UKB RSS Feed
December 17, 2009, 02:32:09 pm
This topic explains in detail how the feeds work, though not sure how bang up to date it is.

You probably want something like this, which will pull in the 30 most recent posts. Adjust the "30" accordingly. I'm not sure how often google reader polls it's feeds so 30 might be too few or too many.

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=recent;limit=30

Fatboy

• menacing presence
#2 Re: UKB RSS Feed
December 17, 2009, 03:55:49 pm
Cool, thanks Bubba!!
I will try that out now...

I am curious as to what happens if you set that limit number to, say, 200 but then in the time it takes for the reader to post there are less than 200 posts - would it show you 200 posts but some you had already seen or just unread posts?
Answers on a postcard...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: UKB RSS Feed
December 18, 2009, 10:05:43 am

200 would be overkill and I'd rather you didn't hammer the server :)

How often does Reader update? Then see how many posts per hour ukb typically gets and that's yer figure.

Fatboy

• menacing presence
#4 Re: UKB RSS Feed
December 18, 2009, 10:58:24 am
Ha ha! Dont worry Bubba, that was purely hypothetical - I've set it to 10 and it seems to be working fine now, so thanks a lot for your support skills!!
Still trying to figure out how often the Reader updates... seems to be fairly frequently, as in every few minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal