UKBouldering.com

ripping a video from flash player? (Read 2505 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
ripping a video from flash player?
December 15, 2009, 05:40:06 pm
is there any way to do this? i deleted the original video of me doing pair in a cubicle accidentally and now i need it again. arse.

(http://www.facebook.com/video/?ref=sb#/video/video.php?v=783779000419 in case you wanted it for beta!)

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
#1 Re: ripping a video from flash player?
December 16, 2009, 09:05:21 am
Try any of these:

Replay Media Catcher (Shareware/Windows) - can find rtmp:// stream URLs and automatically download RTMP flash video .FLV streams and RTMP .MP3 audio streams from embedded Adobe Flash player.
Jaksta (Shareware/Windows) can download and capture RTMP and HTTP videos from Adobe Flash Player
GetFLV (Shareware/Windows) can capture RTMP, RTMPE and HTTP .FLV videos from Adobe Flash Player.
NetTransport (Shareware/Windows) can download RTMP and HTTP .FLV videos from Adobe Flash Player. Can find and reveal RTMP stream URLs.
Orbit Downloader (Shareware/Windows) can download RTMP flash videos. Its Grab++ can find and reveal RTMP stream URLs and Grab Pro can capture RTMP and HTTP video streams.
WM Recorder (Shareware/Windows) can find rtmp:// stream URLs and automatically download RTMP flash video .FLV streams and RTMP .MP3 audio streams from embedded Adobe Flash player. RTMP stream recording of WM Recorder is at the early stage, so there are some problems with recording live RTMP streams (like live video chats), recording RTMP through HTTP.
Flash Stream Hunter (Shareware/Windows) can capture RTMP and HTTP videos from Adobe Flash Player
rtmpdump (Freeware/Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) is a console application that can dump RTMP and secure RTMPE streams. 
CooJah + Blader (Freeware/Windows) software that allows to HTTP and RTMP streams. 
Bit Recorder (Shareware/Windows) - automatically captures packets coming to your flash player. Supports RTMP and HTTP protocols, flash video .FLV files and .MP3 audio files.
Rip Tiger (Shareware/Windows) can download RTMP and HTTP flash videos automatically.
FLV Recorder (Shareware/Windows) can capture packets coming to your Adobe Flash Player. It can save RTMP and HTTP .FLV flash video streams to HD, but it doesn't work with RTMP .MP3 streams.
Flv Downloader and its clone Flv Ripper (Shareware/Windows) can capture RTMP and HTTP .FLV videos from Adobe Flash Player.
Flazr (Freeware/Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) software that allows to download RTMP streams. Not user friendly. Requires Java 1.5+. 
TubeMaster++ (Freeware/Windows, Linux) software that allows to download RTMP streams. Requires Java. 
TuneBite Platinum (Shareware/Windows)
save2pc Pro + Extra Pack (Shareware/Windows) can download HTTP, RTMP streams from select popular web-sites.
E.M. Youtube Video Download tool (Shareware/Windows) can download RTMP and HTTP .FLV videos from Adobe Flash Player.

I have used NetTransport myself for years...

andy_e

• forum hero
#2 Re: ripping a video from flash player?
December 18, 2009, 10:30:28 am
Cheers Tris! I used Tubemaster++ and couldn't work out how it works, so in the end I went on to the video on facebook, right click > view page source, find the bit with the link to the mp4, put that in a new html file as a link, right clicked and downloaded. worked like a charm! As i opened the new html file though, Tubemaster found it and downloaded it anyway!

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
#3 Re: ripping a video from flash player?
December 18, 2009, 10:35:02 am
No probs, glad you got it sorted..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal