UKBouldering.com

developing boulder area Thailand (Read 1702 times)

richard

developing boulder area Thailand
December 14, 2009, 04:17:02 am
Just like to let people known that there is a sandstone area 2.5 hours outside of Bangkok.  The quality of the rock is as good as Font, according to some Frenchmen.
Many boulders are hidden and many have been cleared of undergrowth, but are stiil awaiting to be climbed.  Many problems above font 7 have not been climbed, so they are awaiting to be found.
If anyone wants to come to this place if they are in Thailand then please get in touch rjeden@yahoo.co.uk
There are not many places left for first ascents.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: developing boulder area Thailand
December 14, 2009, 04:30:04 am
This has been slowly developed for some years now, it's not so new.  I've some snaps somewhere, I'll try and find them later.

richard

#2 Re: developing boulder area Thailand
December 15, 2009, 01:38:20 am
Yes, this is true. The area was found about 2/3 years ago, but new boulder fields have been found in the surounding area.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: developing boulder area Thailand
December 15, 2009, 08:29:08 am
Can't imagine trying to hang font like slopers in Thailand humidity. Nice to see some pics though.

richard

#4 Re: developing boulder area Thailand
December 16, 2009, 02:05:34 am
The rock is great!! During the cooler months of late November till February. The friction is good as the area is on the Korat Plateau.  I have bouldered during the rainy season and its ok bouldering at 6b.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal