UKBouldering.com

Access work in South West France? (Read 1231 times)

Steve R

• forum abuser
Access work in South West France?
December 11, 2009, 11:10:19 pm
Has anyone any experience of doing rope access work in this area? or just France more generally?  I'm heading back out to the Ariege early next year and whilst I'll be able to get work in property renovations there, I was wondering about any access work possibilities.  I've heard there is work there on the tunnels and lots of geotechnical stuff must go on too.  My French isn't the best at the moment but I'm putting some effort in now and for the next few months before I go, so it should become passable.  Just be interested to hear of anyone else's experiences.  I guess you'd go about getting work there in the same way as here, contacting and trying to get registered with companies, etc. assuming it's subcontract work also?  Can't find much info on the net...
Anyway, bit of a long shot, fortunately there's plenty of other work around there but I thought it might be worth a quick ask.
cheers

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#1 Re: Access work in South West France?
December 12, 2009, 10:11:09 am
I've no experience of doing access work anywhere, but I have got a copy of Grimpeur with an advert for 'Travaux Acrobatiques' in it...
http://www.acro-bat.fr/
It might give you a lead?

Steve R

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Access work in South West France?
December 12, 2009, 01:36:36 pm
thanks for that serp, gives me something to go on.  If nothing else, I now know what the french call rope access work  :-[

Darren S

• addict
    • www.climbnewcastle.com
#3 Re: Access work in South West France?
December 14, 2009, 08:54:18 am
You could try CAN france http://www.can-sa.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal