UKBouldering.com

What you listening to? (Read 8383 times)

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#25 What you listening to?
November 30, 2003, 05:18:27 pm
sometimes there is a cut or some skratching on a record, and i skratch quite a lot in my sets anyway but sometimes its on the record and when the crowd go wild i never know what to do? pretend its me? look away?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#26 What you listening to?
November 30, 2003, 07:35:20 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
The "How to cut and paste" thing - 39 80's tracks - not often you hear Betty Boo Doin the Do into Europe The Final Countdown!

was rockin to that on way home from work yesterday - all i needed was a big blonde curly mullet wig

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#27 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 07:49:26 am
Just been listening to the latest Outkast double album - Speakerboxx/A Love Below.

Excellent funkiness and a good work out for your bass-bins - recommended.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#28 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 08:45:30 am
Outkast trivia for you pop fans, apparently Andre and the other one whos name I don't know - Pete for the sake of this conversation can't stand each other and the two albums were recorded completely separately and released under their collaberative name.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 08:48:13 am
Each disc is written by one of the geezers, but if they hate each other did they record all the bits on each track seperately? Bizarre.

What are there previous albums like?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#30 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 09:07:48 am
Legendary, although I haven't actually heard it! people speak very highly of them and their work up till now, as for the recording it thing, I dunno, guess you can do it separatly...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#31 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 09:13:14 am
They wouldn't be the first to do things seperately - didn't the Gorillaz do their thang like that?

Very impressed by the production qualidy - just sounds superb. Also, not as hip-hop as I thought it would be - I'll have to get their back catalogue.....now, where's my Soulseek  :D

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#32 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 09:23:38 am
i had to reformat my computer, and you gotta buy soulseek now.. can anyone e-mail or msn it to me def_cutz@hotmail.com please cause kazaa is bollox for d/ling music

cheers
Chris

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#33 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 09:25:39 am
Nah, you can still get it here:

http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#34 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 09:51:05 am
Quote from: "Bubba"

Never heard the Eels - what sort of thing is it?

Hard to describe; mellow rock with a sense of humour?
You probably have heard them. Mr E's Beautiful Blues (the one that goes "Goddam right its a beautiful day") has appeared on a lot of film soundtracks. Novocaine for the Soul was a reasonably successful single too.

If you want to check them out, Daisies from the Galaxy is probably a good starting point. Make sure you get the one with Mr E as the bonus track.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#35 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 06:55:12 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
Legendary, although I haven't actually heard it! people speak very highly of them and their work up till now, as for the recording it thing, I dunno, guess you can do it separatly...

Just been reading - the LPs were recorded seperately, with each other guesting on each disc, but I don't think they avoided each other in the studio and all that.

The Andre disk is the best one I reckon - less hip hop, really his own style. Even Norah Jones makes a guest appearance!

dave

#36 What you listening to?
December 02, 2003, 10:55:55 pm
just listening to jive bunny - lets twist again megamix, and before that it was MJ - bad. shamone mutha fukkaz!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#37 What you listening to?
December 03, 2003, 01:53:13 am
Quote from: "dave"
MJ - bad. shamone mutha fukkaz!

now that album was dope man, got it on tape somewhere in the attic, I'll have to look out to download it from somewhere. My mates go it on vinyl and has got a better system than mine and sez the sound quality is the fuckin nutz

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal