UKBouldering.com

Parisella's progression? (Read 1721 times)

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
Parisella's progression?
December 11, 2009, 10:00:54 am
I've had a few sessiosn in the cave and ticked off a few of the problems up to 7B/+.

I fancied pushing my grade without just adding more moves, and extending/linking problems, focusing more on getting stronger rather than fitter.

I had a brief go on Rock Atrocity as the obvious 7C candidate, but couldn't get beyond the first slot!

Can any cave fan's recommend some good intermediate problems to help me bridge the gap up to Rock Atrocity levels?

Thanks

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#1 Re: Parisella's progression?
December 11, 2009, 10:06:51 am
Either train indoors on lock offs/fingers and basic strength or if you want to just climb I would try:

Clever Cleaver, We've a Beaver or Cave Life Short.

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Parisella's progression?
December 11, 2009, 10:13:24 am
Clever Beaver Low start might be a good one I guess?  Also I think for Rock Atrocity a bit of perserverance and learning the body positions can help. Although I found it really hard on first acquaintance it did get easier after trying it a few times (although linking that last move took a while!).

Good luck Dave

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Re: Parisella's progression?
December 11, 2009, 10:40:03 am
The boys have recomended the suitable problems. The other 7c is Beaver Direct but can be a bit frustrating as its a one move wonder. I think RA is a good one cos you can break it down, just cos you find the 2nd move hard don't let that put you off trying the other moves.  It'll come together, its just a matter of time. Hopefully with this dry forecast she'll dry out a bit more.

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Parisella's progression?
December 11, 2009, 01:15:05 pm

focusing more on getting stronger rather than fitter.

The other 7c is Beaver Direct but can be a bit frustrating as its a one move wonder

Looks like a good one then as long as your not a midget.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#5 Re: Parisella's progression?
December 11, 2009, 11:43:24 pm
Aye didn't recommend BC direct seeing as I found it quite spanny and I'm probably not of average height  ;) Sticking it from the sitter is so frustrating for that extra half grade!

Agree with Chris about getting the other bits wired as body position on every move is pretty crucial. Good luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal