UKBouldering.com

La Sportiva Speedster (Read 3278 times)

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
La Sportiva Speedster
December 08, 2009, 04:15:38 pm
Has anybody tried a pair of these bad boys yet? Any feed back on how you found them? Is the rubber going to wear through pretty quick? (given the low profile of the sole I imagine they would do)
Cheers

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 Re: La Sportiva Speedster
December 08, 2009, 07:59:02 pm
meatball,
the jury is still out on the matter. i have been given a pair, that is 1/2 size too big for me. they are comfy. i tried my size and they felt much different, alot more performing.
they have no frontpoint, so there is no edge in the front. i am sure they need alot of practice to be fully appreciated. i have heard people say they're excellent, others say they are shit. problems: being rounded in the point, if you really push down a foothold, in this you raise your heel and the point can slide off the hold. i don't think they smear fine also, because there's not enough rubber to smear. also, you need super strong feet and they are not comfortable if tight. they really really focus on the toe, so much it can be painful.
so i think that for every specific terrain there's a better shoe on the market. i think they're fine if like me you've been given them, if you have to pay them it's another thing.

Phil-p

#2 Re: La Sportiva Speedster
December 08, 2009, 09:46:59 pm
Hi meatball. They are a very unconventinal shoe. You've got to size them tight to get the true performance. You'll find you place your feet differently with them having the rounded edge. The rubber is super sticky and they're very sensitive. Phenominal on steep overhangs and roof problems. As nibile said they really do focus on your toe. I sized a full size from my solutions and found once the rubber warms they're comfy. You've got to get used to trusting them as you can wrap your feet round holds. Ace gym shoe to. Longevity is the big question, personally rate them as an ace shoe and have backup pair for when these die

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal