UKBouldering.com

Why do people bother trying to climb routes when it's cold? (Read 2985 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
I went to the Llandudno Ormes on Sunday for a bouldering session with Mark Katz and Gav Foster. After warming up at Split infinity we moved around the Marine Drive to Pil Box Wall. On the way we passed several noticibly shivering and suffering climbers huddled beneath some shite, polished sport routes. We waved and offered our sympathies to their desperate plight, before moving on to our target for the day. On first acquaintence the Pil Box Wall seemed a little damp, but the wind picked up and soon the rock was dry and we were faced with premium cold conditions. We had a cracking session, with several first time ascents for all of us and we all felt lucky considering the crap weather in the mountains.
I wondered how the poor frozen belayers had gotten on round the corner? Gav said he'd seen them drive off with their tails between their legs.

Some people just don't get it: WHEN IT IS COLD: GO BOULDERING!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Wonder what winter climbing belayers would have to say on this matter  :)

That's not bloody cold - now this is cold!

underground

• forum hero
Yep, I once spent 13 hours in the Cairngorms in mingingly cold conditions, waiting for a hairdresser (really) to stop fucking about falling off a grade 5 so we could get to the top of the fucker- and then it went dark- so we all ahd to ab off and commence the horribly long and freezing walk back out of Loch Avon. No wonder i sold all my gear and took up caving...... :wink:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
No wonder i sold all my gear and took up caving......
Having followed a sweating 'underground' in the cairngorms and in wales i can confirm that its a good thing that he gave up! :lol:

underground

• forum hero
Right you cheeky motherfucking cunt!   :twisted:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal