Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#25 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 06, 2003, 01:34:50 pm
I remember seeing the first matrix when it came out in the cinema and was blown away by it(although I was rather high), I still think its a good film. Was completely pissed when I went to watch the 2nd one and can't remember that although seemed to think it was a bit poor. Have recently watched it on dvd and didn't think it was as bad as I seem to remember it being although not anythink to write home about

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 06, 2003, 01:37:01 pm
I've said it before, but the best thing about the Matrix Reloaded was Monica Bellucci as Persephone.

dave

#27 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 06, 2003, 01:51:12 pm
i think the first matrix film is proper bo, a true classic, ans looks as fresh now as it did in 99. however i though the 2nd one was ok but not as good, naively expecting the third to be bo and rap it all up. Seems i might eb dissapointed, might not even bother going to see it after reading all the reports, will wiat till xmas 2005 for it on the telly.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#28 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 06, 2003, 01:53:15 pm
Should be able to download it in a few days  :D

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#29 Re: Matrix Revolution!!??
November 09, 2003, 02:20:59 am
Quote from: "T.H."
If anyone out there can explain any of what happened in the last 20 minutes then I'd be very impressed.

watched it last night and don't really see what peoples gripes are with this one

for a start - its better than the second one (which annoyed me)
it tied up the story well enough - its a film about robots and fighting for christ sakes, we don't want to be bogged down in philosphical shit, we want action and this film is jam packed with

ok, its not a classic (the first was, the second most definately wasn't) and i agree with whoever said it would have been best left at one film only but i found the last one two hours of good solid entertainment and would recommend people go watch it

with regard to the last 20 minutes, what was the problem?? seemed quite easy to follow to me?

mozzer

• addict
#30 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 09, 2003, 12:24:30 pm
thought it was OK, but a bit lame on script - too many udll dull cliches from Keanu "i cant act" Reeves. shame, cos te first one had about zero cliches.

main gripe was that monica belluci wasnt in it more... ;)

But comparing it to the first one, it was really just a fairly decent action film with some philosophical crap in it - whereas the first was proper ill.

ANd why did the humans inisist on using those really unwieldy robot things to fight in? They were shit!

mozzer

• addict
#31 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 09, 2003, 12:28:22 pm
the thing that annoyed me too was when loads of people kept saying stuff like "you already know". Know what?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#32 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 10, 2003, 11:21:06 pm
Just got back from seeing Matrix Rev. wtf? still trying to figure out the first ten minutes and the last half hour. The middle bit has good FX, but goes on a bit. Shite, but with some enjoyable bits. I suspect a fourth will appear at some point. Or maybe the Animatrix II? Now thats bobbins.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#33 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 10, 2003, 11:25:53 pm
Saw a Halloween special screening of Donnie Darko the other week, now there's a film that rules...twisty-turny with a cool ending and the cod philosophising actually makes sense!

Not seen Matrix Rev. yet, but watched the last one at the cinema - reminded me of a sixth form student gets hold of some pop-philosophy and quotes it ad infinitum without knowing what it means.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#34 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 18, 2003, 10:15:18 am
Saw it last Friday and I thought it was quite good !!

Monica Bellucci is one gorgeous lady (only short part in the film, her clevage is god-sent !!  :shock: )

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#35 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 18, 2003, 10:22:00 am
Anyone seen the Alien Directors Cut yet?

Might yet go to see Matrix Rev for the FX

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#36 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 18, 2003, 01:29:33 pm
Quote from: "tommytwotone"
Saw a Halloween special screening of Donnie Darko the other week, now there's a film that rules...twisty-turny with a cool ending and the cod philosophising actually makes sense!

Not seen Matrix Rev. yet, but watched the last one at the cinema - reminded me of a sixth form student gets hold of some pop-philosophy and quotes it ad infinitum without knowing what it means.

donnie darko is one of my favourite films, its definately worth a look...

the website is good too *spotter alert* specially if you've seen te film before

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#37 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 18, 2003, 08:49:39 pm
Agree there, Donnie Darko is a top film. Still don't understand it properly tho

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#38 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 19, 2003, 09:43:42 am
yeah its got the whole psycological themes thing going on, try the website www.donniedarko.com its gives you some extra stuff to think about, its really good.

any other great films to ressurect?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#39 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 19, 2003, 07:35:24 pm
Quote from: "xvivahatex"
any other great films to ressurect?

Pi, Royal Tenebaums, Kevin Smith fims (clerks,mall rats etc..), big lebowski, O' brother where are tho, city of god.
watched welcome to collinwood t'other day and was quite suprised how good it was. don't think george clooney should have been in it tho as he didn't suit the role although he's brilliant in O'brother

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#40 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 30, 2003, 12:18:12 am
Saw Matrix Rev tonight - verdict: Awesome special effects but a bit dissapointing on the story side. And not enough of Monica Belucci. That's it really, not as good as the first two, and I can see why people have been dissapointed by it, but then perhaps people expect too much in the first place - it was never billed as being some sort of intellectual masterpiece.

Sheffield town centre was kicking off like I've never seen it - the Blades Business Crew hooligan dickheads were out in force, as were the police. Not pretty. The Yorkshire Grey was surrounded by cops, and occasionally a group of lads would make a break from it and then be chased by loads of blue flashing lights.

dave

#41 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 30, 2003, 04:53:23 pm
i hear local shops had sold out of burberry hats and lacoste polo shirts.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#42 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 30, 2003, 05:34:37 pm
I assume from your avatar that you are a big Jay and Silent Bob fan Jim. I think all their films are class, but wasnt really that happy about Dogma. JaSB Strike Back is really great, must have watched it a dozen times.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#43 Matrix Revolution!!??
November 30, 2003, 07:40:13 pm
Well into them kevin smith films - class. Also cohen brother films are class although not seen the last two (man with no name? and the latest one)
O'brother where art thou? is on telly tonight. Top film - watch it If you not seen it before, watch it if you seen it dozens of times, its mega

Gonna go and see the new matrix film at IMAX this week (screen is 8 storeys high!!! :shock: ) will post my verdict when I seen it

SA Chris

• forum hero
#44 Matrix Revolution!!??
December 01, 2003, 06:54:18 pm
Isnt the latest Cohen brothers the one with Clooney and Catherine ZJ? Something about cruelty? Housemate saw it and said it was rubbish. He also has O brother...,The Big Lebowski, Fargo on DVD, so need to wait til they get shown on telly :up:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#45 Matrix Revolution!!??
December 02, 2003, 11:19:11 am
Right then, new matrix film - why didn't they just make the first one and leave it at that :?:
Some pretty gorey(sp?) bits and the scene in the dock was well good on the massive screen but a bit of a rip off from alien with the walker things.
Far too much mushiness/chick flick type stuff - film was stop/start.
Fight with Smith got a little too much like Big trouble in Little China
Ending was just disapointing.
I won't be bying it on DVD :wink: if you know what I mean

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal