UKBouldering.com

Where in the country is dry today................? (Read 39601 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Having just got back from a week away - where's there a chance of dry rock on Sunday. TT

Sidehaas

• stalker
Stoney was all dry yesterday

dave

Anston was all dry yesterday. Well I say dry, dry by anston standards.

tomtom

• forum hero
Having spent 90 min yesterday underneath Demon Wall Roof - waiting for a 'brief' shower to pass and then sacking the session off.. I'm wondering where might be in passable condition today - within a c.90min radius of Manchestershire... Or is it plastic thursday? :(

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
north wales is nice and sunny today! dont know if thats 90min radius though........

ziggytang

• addict
 :agree:

Yep, it's nice and sunny here....so I'll probably end up in the Cave.....

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks Gents.. Probably a little too far away... Frustrating having the time off and weather not playing ball...

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Sunny all morning in lancs, though forecast to rain soon. Probably too late for today, but maybe worth considering that from Manchester you could get to Brownstones/Wilton/Blackstone Edge in about 30min - sometimes dry up this way when the peak is wet.

tomtom

• forum hero
Cheers R man, I scoped the rain radar and reconed everywhere was a lottery within reach.. so went to Logport wall instead.. showers today (and yesterday) are unfortunately slow moving - so if something gets wet - its raining for a while.. lets hope it cheers up for the weekend..

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
With a weekend pass to burn and the County apparently trashed I'm wondering is there anywhere in the country that hasn't got snow?

Noticed some stuff logged in North Wales (Dinas Rock and Pass Roadside) but webcams are showing plenty of snow. Anyone have any info?

Heard a 2nd hand radio report somewhere that Glasgow hasn't had snow and can't see any on webcams - Dumby likely any good?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Heard a 2nd hand radio report somewhere that Glasgow hasn't had snow and can't see any on webcams - Dumby likely any good?

Dumby dries within an hour, and not had much snow. Some stuff will be dry there.

Stewart

• menacing presence
Yep, Dumby's been in good nick the last two weekends and no snow lying but rain forecast for saturday. Early days on the long range forecast so will hopefully change!

Steamboat Stello

• menacing presence
Anything likely to be climbable North Yorkshire way this weekend? Had trip booked in for months and planning on going to Slipstones but I'm assuming that will be difficult to get to? Staying north of Pateley Bridge, walking distance to Sypeland, worth a punt there or better heading south to Brimham? Not been to any of these places so any knowledge much appreciated  :please:

tomtom

• forum hero
Had a look at any of the north York moors venues? Lee's betaguides site might have some more info.. (Google betaguides)
I've been to slipstones after snow, and access was fine (think the road gets gritted) but there was quite a bit f wetness from melting snow running off over the top.. If that's melted (suspect unlikely but dunno) then there's generally no seepage at Slipstones.

You have my sympathies though, a group of us planned a Northumberland raid this weekend but looks like that'll be kyboshed by the weather.. Accommodation already paid for etc.. :-/

Steamboat Stello

• menacing presence
Cheers tomtom, I'll have a closer look at North york moors, certainly a lot of venues on that betaguides site.

Yeah already got accommodation booked, we had a semi-abortive trip to Northumberland a year or two back so feel your pain! You not tempted to just head up anyway? Would some things at Kyloe not potentially be reasonably sheltered from snow?

tomtom

• forum hero
Sounds like they've had a foot of snow, and when that starts melting (weekend) it'll be messy! Coastal NYM venues might be best - least snow there.. Drop Lee an email, he's dead keen about promoting the area..
T

turnipturned

• forum abuser
Happy days and Crimpy roof at Brimham will be dry! Eavestone is a good bet (new guide) all close to pateley.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Joker's Wall at Brimham also and Bat Buttress looks a likely bet (and very good)in the new guide.

tomtom

• forum hero
You know what I'm going to say... if Brimham is wet/seeping then if theres any wind and its not raining.. Almscliff 'll dry in 30-60 min... (its a way south mind but 15 min from the A1)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Whitehouses might be a good bet.

tomtom

• forum hero

It does have a high snowproof factor (tm)... and is up that way IIRC..

andy_e

• forum hero

Shhhh, don't tell everyone to go there this weekend! If anyone goes before the weekend, could they be so kind as to brush snow off the drainage channels please? Especially the ledges over the wall at the end of Only Half The Story/Growled. Cheers!

Steamboat Stello

• menacing presence
Cheers for the suggestions. Jokers Wall at Brimham and Whitehouses look good. Anyone done heffalump wall at Sypeland, looks quite cool and like it might have a capping roof so may be snow-proof?

I think I'm the Almscliff jinx, despite what everyone says about it always being dry the three times I've tried going its been terrible!

tomtom

• forum hero

I think I'm the Almscliff jinx, despite what everyone says about it always being dry the three times I've tried going its been terrible!

It'll let you climb there one day. When it wants to ;)

sjw

• obsessive maniac
Anyone done heffalump wall at Sypeland

We went for a look up last summer - dirty and snappy, sadly. Some good bits of rock and Heffalump wall is nice, but I wouldn't recommend the place one bit. Better off having a look around Brimham etc. in my opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal