UKBouldering.com

Searching topics - suggestion? (Read 2189 times)

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
Searching topics - suggestion?
November 27, 2009, 09:48:00 am
Ok - I have just found out by reading the online SMF manual that you can search within topics. I have been looking for someway of doing this for ages. It was not obvious to me at all.

I had no idea that this actually already existed as the search text field in the top right hand corner - I didn't realise that this actually defaulted to searching the topic you are reading. I assumed (and I may be in the minority here) that this was just the standard 'search forum' field.

My request is - please can you make it a bit more obvious that this is 'search topic' function? Or possibly have functionality similar to this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=205299.0

Please don't get me wrong, the forum is feckin amazing  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :bow:

I just think this may be useful to people (people like me who didn't realise what things were).

Thanks for reading... (ps I am not a computer numpty, I have worked in IT for years and years)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1 Re: Searching topics - suggestion?
November 27, 2009, 10:07:22 am
you could always do what Bubba suggests here and setup Firefox with Ubiquity to use Google search instead.  Works very well.

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
#2 Re: Searching topics - suggestion?
November 27, 2009, 10:19:05 am
you could always do what Bubba suggests here and setup Firefox with Ubiquity to use Google search instead.  Works very well.
Thanks for the tip, but I don't use Firefox  :) I prefer Chrome or Opera... or am forced to use IE at work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal