UKBouldering.com

Get me a bucket (Read 2645 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 11:06:49 am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3236294.stm

Broughton returned home and sat in trepidation in front of a mirror.

His patience was rewarded when a brown worm-like creature emerged from his right nostril and looked around.

dave

#1 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 11:12:34 am
After a dose of anti-worm pill Mike passed out an intact, six foot long tapeworm.

underground

• forum hero
#2 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 11:20:44 am
Anyone remeber one year's Comic Relief when they reported on folks getting 'Guinea Worms' in Burkina Faso?

Man, I LOVED that sh*t- seeing the worm burrow it's way out of your leg and getting a little twig to wrap it round so you could remove it without it breaking..... I used to wish I could get them just for the satisfaction of taking them out. Which I'd imagine would be even better if accompanied by terrible irritation and subsequent relief.

I just have to settle for the odd blackhead and stones in the ear....

dave

#3 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 11:23:04 am
blackheads eh....ahh the antidote to teenage boredom.

remember the joy of finding a yellow/white head? :8)

underground

• forum hero
#4 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 11:26:22 am
Quote from: "dave"
blackheads eh....ahh the antidote to teenage boredom.

remember the joy of finding a yellow/white head? :8)

Aye, I still find the odd one, especially now I've given up washing on a regular basis...

Isn't w*nking the common cure for teenage boredom?  :lol:

dave

#5 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 11:29:48 am
i wanna know what the crack is with those big red mound-like pseudo spots on the shoulders, the ones you can't squeeze?

the main differernce between blackheads and jacking is on your 12th blackhead of the day you're still going strong.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#6 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 01:04:24 pm
The worst parasite story I read was one of John Long's tales in Climbing.

He and Jim Bridwell had had some adventures in Borneo and had returned to Yosemite and Bridwell had fallen ill and was suffering really badly for a while. Some quacks had told him it might be stomach cancer and, it being the 70's an all, he decided he was gonna drink until he either died or whatever was in him died.

He started to booze it up and after quite a few hours he suddenly started rolling around on the dirt in agony. None of his mates knew what to do with him- Especially when he pulled his pants down and a tape worm 'the size and girth of a king snake crawled out of his arse'  :shock:

Mmmm Nice.....

mozzer

• addict
#7 Get me a bucket
November 26, 2003, 08:08:10 pm
my mate had some funny worm things after coming back form uganda. HE squeezed some spots and some little maggoty things all fell out - yurrrgh

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#8 Get me a bucket
November 27, 2003, 11:44:32 pm
Quote from: "mozzer"
my mate had some funny worm things after coming back form uganda. HE squeezed some spots and some little maggoty things all fell out - yurrrgh

Been there, done that. Where I used to live in South Africa you occasionally used to get flies that layed eggs in your clothes when they were hanging out to dry. If you didnt iron them, the maggot burrowed into your skin. I found what I thought was a zit on my ribcage, so I gave it a squeeze and a fly larvae emerged. Not something you get over too easily.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 Get me a bucket
November 28, 2003, 07:48:03 am
Shit, I'm beginning to regret starting this topic  :shock:

Sel videod the program the other night, so we'll probably watch it tonight whilst eating tea.....or maybe afterwards.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal