UKBouldering.com

Google Drive not uploading (Read 1479 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Google Drive not uploading
February 22, 2015, 07:20:11 pm
I recently dumped a load of old photos and videos from my Iphone 5 on to my Macbook Pro and now appear to be experiencing an impossibly slow upload speed from my computer to Drive. Because this process is preventing my really important (predominantly text) data from being able to be uploaded, I'd ideally like to cancel the upload of the larger files. Should I perhaps be storing photos and videos as a backup on an external hard drive rather than via Drive (hence moving these files from the Google Drive synced folder?).

I don't know if I'm explaining the issue too well but would really appreciate any assistance.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Google Drive not uploading
February 22, 2015, 08:05:31 pm
You should have have redundancy and an off site backup so no, you shouldn't move them out of the drive folder IMO.
To speed things up change the settings so that it's not syncing the folders with large files and then when it's done re-enable all of the others?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: Google Drive not uploading
February 22, 2015, 08:57:16 pm
Thanks beast. I've just gone in to the preferences pane of Drive and unticked the 'Personal' folder which contains all of the images and video. It's just spent ten minutes 'deleting' them from this sync and I now just have the main folder ticked within Drive to sync. Despite this, it still says some .mov files are uploading and it doesn't appear to be progressing.

I'm almost certain there are no .mov files within the main folder synced...  :-\

Screen shot:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal