UKBouldering.com

Is mini-dv dead? (Read 2522 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
Is mini-dv dead?
December 22, 2009, 04:20:42 pm
I went into the usual suspects for electronic equipment looking at hi-def video cameras (for when the sales start) and left somewhat confused.

I was 'hoping' that I'd be able to find something with full hi-def which records to mini-dv but it turns out there's no chance as everything seems to be SD or hard drive orientated.

Now I'm fully aware of the HV20 etc. which used mini-dv but they seem as rare as rocking horse shit and they're not exactly cheap. Are these my only option?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Is mini-dv dead?
December 22, 2009, 04:47:45 pm
There's loads of HD mini-Dv camcorders, however they tend to be the higher spec ones which means a lot of shops don't stock them.

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: Is mini-dv dead?
December 22, 2009, 04:54:40 pm
There's loads of HD mini-Dv camcorders, however they tend to be the higher spec ones which means a lot of shops don't stock them.

Thats a semi-relief I guess as all of the readily available seemed a bit flawed with the SD/HD thing and looked like they'd pose a real problem to back up all your footage easily.

Ok so mini-dv isn't dead. Got any suggestions for whats worth looking at?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: Is mini-dv dead?
December 22, 2009, 04:57:58 pm
There's a few other threads already, have a search for HV20 and HD camcorder.
You'll know my answer- still the best non-pro unit IMHO.

benpritch

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Is mini-dv dead?
December 22, 2009, 05:00:20 pm
Doylo has a great little camera that shoots hdv onto mini dv. can't remember what its called hc 1? or something. talk to him. or you could probably pick up an old Z1 on ebay (quite a big camera though)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal