UKBouldering.com

chironico this weekend (Read 2487 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
chironico this weekend
November 20, 2009, 10:53:43 am
i will be in chironico this weekend, if someone is around feel free to holla at me!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Re: chironico this weekend
November 20, 2009, 01:30:56 pm
I will be in the cave, wishing I was in Chironico!

Have a lovely time. What will you be doing/trying? I want to do shark hunt.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: chironico this weekend
November 23, 2009, 11:56:18 am
hey dob!!!
i had a lovely time indeed! it was a bit warm and a bit humid, but great nonetheless!
i wanted to have a look at things i want to get done this winter, to decide priorities. great shark hunt is definitely the first on the ticklist. the holds are all there, a bit small and sharp but they are all there.
i had a few goes at the sit start of scent of snow, without absolutely understanding the first two moves. i really really don't know where it starts from. i did the start on the right side, with the boulder very close, and it's quite shitty, you're attached to that boulder.
then i also had a few (122) goes at dr. pinch, before knowing i was doing it the wrong way. don't know if i'll try it again, the start i've been showed is not veryy appealing.
then i finally managed to do the first moves of blochx addiction, there's still one hard move to go, then should be fine, and also had a look at souvenir, i want to do it. (i've ssen a group of guys trying souvenir SKIPPING the mono and going right hand to the higher sloper. i didn't tell them that if you don't get the mono you're not doing souvenir... anyway...).
during all this trying i also managed to actually climb something just before dark!!!

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Re: chironico this weekend
November 23, 2009, 12:24:32 pm
Ha ha Good work on climbing on all the worst problems in Chironico in one weekend Nibs  :lol:
Shark Hunt- Good line but the worst rock and painful holds
DR Pinch- ahem
Souvenir - Eliminate
Scent of Snow - Dab Dab Dab
Blochx Addiction is reasonable i suppose, better than souvenir anyway, hard move though. Anyway i'm just bitter cos you've got dry rock you bastard  ;)

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#4 Re: chironico this weekend
November 23, 2009, 05:27:43 pm
 ;D
ah thanks doylo, i appreciate your trust but sadly i didn't climb them!!! (i will)
i managed to do two nice problems (to me) that are power ranger and autopilot!

nurse the cave, make her heal, make her dry, make her pure, then when she'll be perfect i'll come north and i'll make her mine.

Doylo

• forum hero
#5 Re: chironico this weekend
November 23, 2009, 06:09:21 pm
Autopilot is nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal