UKBouldering.com

British Lead Climbing Competition (BLCC) junior and veteran results (Read 3665 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Held at Ratho this weekend

Winners:

Female Junior: Natalie Berry (only one who entered?)
Female A: Kitty Wallace
Female B: Rachel Carr
Female C: Molly Thompson-Smith
Male Vets: Eddie Cooper
Male Junior: Ed Hamer
Male A: Luke Tilley
Male B: Jonny White
Male C: Angus Davidson

Full results here

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Slightly confused by this. Should Female Junior and Male Junior read Senior Female and Senior Male ?

pjkp

No this is correct. Female junior and male junior are the oldest category in this event (born in 1991 or 1992)  aged 18 & 19years old in 2010.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hi pjkp,

Just been trying to correlate what you with this anouncement http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Feature.aspx?id=2540

Does that mean we are still waiting on the Senior results or a Senior event didnt take place?

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
He means they are the oldest catagories in the junior competition. I would hope that the fact there are no senior results from todays competition is simply due to somebody not being arsed to publicise them.....not from the fact that nobody turned up.

Unfortunately there is a good chance that at least one if not both of these predictions might be correct.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Thanks for clearing that up.

Perhaps its all being kept under wraps for a UKC scoop ?

pjkp

I am guessing that Percy is right about the seniors. I am presuming no one entered rather than the results not being posted as the male vets results were posted,( no female vets but don't think there were any last year).
I would think that the competitors in the male & female junior decided to enter that particular category and not the seniors as this is the one they enter for international events at the moment.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Sorry I don't know anything. Is there any particular reason why the senior category is so unpopular ?

saltbeef

• forum hero
people like climbing outside?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Commentary on the other channel is that today Ed Hamer won the Senior Mens, Luke Tilley in 2nd and Dave Barrans in 3rd. Natalie Berry won the Senior Females, Kitty Wallace in 2nd and Michaela Tracey in 3rd. o

So Ed Hamer and Natalie Berry entered and won the Juniors on the Saturday and entered and won the Senior's today.

Tommy

• junky
Most popular BLCC entry in a few years actually I think (hooray!). Great showing from the Juniors - I think the support that they have consistently received over the years is starting to show through in some of the older ones - a number of 15/16/17yr olds becoming very competitive with the seniors.

Would be nice to see the trend continue. Cummon the Brits!

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Thats good work from Dave considering he spent Saturday cranking out 1st place at the Rock Over Comp.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal