UKBouldering.com

The Modern Warfare 2 thread (Read 60937 times)

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#150 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 29, 2010, 08:58:53 am
Ah I wondered who veiny spear was, I had you on my friends list from before it seems. The transition is getting better, I was really struggling with it at the start but starting to get the hang of it now a bit more. The autolock on thing is quite knacky I guess and people play the game very differently on the Xbox to on the PC. Did you try the badcompany 2 demo?

jmews

• regular
#151 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 29, 2010, 09:24:35 am
Worst thing now is combination of one man army, danger close and any grenade launcher....unlimited, massively explosive grenades  :wall:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#152 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 29, 2010, 10:15:40 am
YYFY! Just finished all the solo Spec Ops on Veteran. Some of the most challenging single-player gaming I've done for years.

That leaves two missions that have to be done with 2 people. If anyone on XBL fancies doing them co-op on Veteran give me a shout.
Did this feww eeks back before the bamino arrived, agreed it is VERY challenging......bizzarely i found the last set fairly easy, it was the bloody airplane graveyard thing the hardest, took me ages with juggernauts torching me at the last moment. Almost did the main campaign on veeran but with time limitations now I am playing just on line. Still learning but got my first 15 kill streak other day

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#153 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 29, 2010, 04:15:11 pm
I'm stuck in the slums/Favela on campaign mode - any tips?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#154 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 29, 2010, 04:24:57 pm

If you're in the bit I'm thinking of just take it slowly and take out anyone on the rooftops before trying to move up.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#155 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 29, 2010, 08:10:03 pm

If you're in the bit I'm thinking of just take it slowly and take out anyone on the rooftops before trying to move up.

Thanks. I was going too quickly and getting battered.. That worked a treat. It's a good level.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#156 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 30, 2010, 12:40:19 pm
Worst thing now is combination of one man army, danger close and any grenade launcher....unlimited, massively explosive grenades 
Thought I'd try this - quite good :)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#157 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 30, 2010, 07:09:40 pm
Actually, this has now formed the back of my "get nukes!" strategy. I'm on 3 nukes atm but want to get the nice 10 nuke emblem.

I have 3 near identical classes, all have:

-  M16 + grenade launcher
- Claymores
- Stun Grenade
- One Man Army
- Commando Pro

The differences like in the 2nd Perk.

- "Boom" has Danger Close Pro
- "Boom Cold" has Cold Blooded Pro
- "Boom Hard" has Hardline Pro

The default class is "Boom" as it's the best for dishing out damage and you just switch to the same class for endless ammo and 2 claymores all the time.

If the enemy summon an aircraft, I switch to "Boom Cold" so they don't see me.

When I'm 2 away from a killstreak reward, I switch to "Boom Hard" which means I'll only need one more kill to get the streak.

Cheap but effective :)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#158 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 30, 2010, 08:31:21 pm
clever... very.

nice one.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#159 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 30, 2010, 08:56:37 pm

Not really my ideas - cobbled it together from the COD Wikia's One Man Army page :)

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#160 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 11:07:25 am
nice idea for those perks, I might try something similar without the nubtubs. Still finding accurate aiming really hard on the controller (went up to high sensitivity which I think helped), but got my kdr up over 1 so I guess it's improving! Good luck on them nukes. Would switiching to DC pro before you  jump on your killstreaks increase your kills as well, I know the AC130 and predator benefits from the DCpro

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#161 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 11:17:06 am

Yes, definitely use DC with the AC-130, makes a big difference. Just got killed 1 short of a nuke - quite annoying!

I stay with a low sensitivity, find it much easier to get accurate shots, though a bit slower to move about obviously. It's a lesson learned from Halo 3 pros - they all use surprisingly low sensitivity for accuracy.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#162 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 11:32:54 am
I'll give that a go then thanks, on the PC I got stopped on a 24 killstreak twice, once by a lucker grenade and once by the match ending :(

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#163 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 04:58:47 pm
Nice one on the low sensitivity tip, only had a couple of games under 2:0 KDR since I switched!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#164 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 06:00:27 pm
Nice one - a lot of folks turn it way up so they can turn fast but they can't aim. I'm on "medium" which is 2 out of 10. It means you lose out in a knife fight but that's only a small part of the game so it's a decent trade-off.

10 must be ridiculous.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#165 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 08:19:02 pm
Definitely made a huge difference to me! Got 3 chopper gunners in 3 games as soon as I made the switch, feels more controlled than a mouse/keyboard now. Using the AUG so it may just suit the range of the gun I guess as like you say, you lose out a bit at close range.  Will try help you on some nukes if you're around sometime in the week

Surely it's not possible to play with it on 10, I had to use the RPD just spray everything when it was on 5

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#166 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 10:15:15 pm
Have you tried these?

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/Game-Controller-Accessories/KontrolFreek-FPS-Freek.asp

I got given some as a present and at first I thought they were a bit gimmicky but they actually work really well at high sensitivity levels (as long as you've got a decent sized pair of mitts). I use them on GOW2 all the time and am pretty beastly with the sniper now on high. I only use one on the look stick.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#167 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 31, 2010, 11:28:28 pm
Interesting, do look gimicyk I guess. Do a lot of people use them?

Do they sell them in the UK? I tried googling but nothing came up,  not sure if they have a proper name

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#168 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 01, 2010, 01:38:13 am
Yeah - they sell them at Lime here:

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/manufacturer/Kontrol+Freek,i.html

Mine were got directly from the States apparently. The idea of lengthening the stick makes sense and was a bit weird to start with but once you get used to them they work pretty well. They seem to sponsor a few of the MLG guys but reading some of the reviews, some people like them and some don't rate them at all so they obviously don't suit everyone.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#169 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 09, 2010, 03:51:45 pm
I bought the sticks and still using them with lowest sensitivity my KDR has gone up to 1.44 (I think) with them. It makes a clear difference to your accuracy but I still like the lowest sensitivity. I usually try avoid close-range fights where you have the disadvantage with a low sensitivity.

I saw a recommendation that you should creep up your sensitivity over time, as if you can maintain you accuracy you will only do better, but I can't be bothered.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#170 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 09, 2010, 06:03:46 pm
I've started to play the online mode and whilst its great fun I'm really not very good at it all  :-[ everyone else playing is so silent, quick and accurate.  My killcams are hilarious with me either rooted to the spot shooting everywhere or me thinking I'm being stealthy when I'm stood in an open doorway about to get knifed or shot by someone bloody miles away.

I've been playing the open deathmatch (or whatever its called - the free for all anyway) and am getting 2 or 3 kills each game.

Any tips or pointers to resources on the net that will help me improve and enjoy it a bit more?

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#171 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 09, 2010, 07:09:45 pm
If you're not accurate try lower sensitivity, my KDR went from 0.76 to 1.30 in a week or so after changing sensitivity. If it's still a problem try the RPD (grip attachment necessary) and just spray to get kills, I definitely found it a useful gun when getting used to xbox controllers.

Never run round corners and never chase people, you'll die everytime. Most of the time if you kill someone they're coming right back for you so keep on the move between the safe spots you'll work out as you play more.

Once you are pretty accurate and know your guns it's basically about learning how each map works and where people are likely to be, it's really hard to do that on FFA. Even on Team Deathmatch people can start spawning behind you and it's hard to keep up with where everyone is. I find Demolition or Domination is the best because after a short while you will have a good idea of the map and how people play it. You also get good XP for Demolition

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#172 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 18, 2010, 06:38:37 pm
Thanks - that's helped a lot.

Fatboyslimfast - What's your gamer tag? Perhaps it's coincidence but there was a SlimboyFat43 or someone running in the same deathmatch as me (FallingDown23) last night...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#173 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 19, 2010, 04:08:25 am

He's on PSN, not XBL, assuming you're on XBL FD?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#174 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
February 19, 2010, 08:13:40 am
Yeah XBL FallingDown23

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal