UKBouldering.com

The Modern Warfare 2 thread (Read 61351 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#100 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 05, 2009, 06:56:52 pm

Just encountered that stupid Javelin glitch for the first time online. Luckily it's getting patched soon.

Strife

• regular
#101 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 06, 2009, 02:06:04 am

Just encountered that stupid Javelin glitch for the first time online. Luckily it's getting patched soon.

First time?? I reckon I've encountered hundreds of fuckwits doing it over the past few days, and what makes it more annoying is that I'm currently primarily using shotguns.
By the way, if you want fast exp, play Demolition. A good game will get you about 4000exp for kills + about 12000 exp for match bonus. It's also quite easy to get kills in because there are many noobs who consistly run blindly towards the targets. I'm lvl 70 now and still undecided about whether or not I want to prestige.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#102 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 06, 2009, 11:05:13 am
Which platform are you on? Doesn't seem too rife on XBL yet.

Good tip on Demolition. I'm currently lvl 65 with 1.31 KDR.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:39:46 pm by Bubba »

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#103 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 04:28:56 pm
had my first really enjoyable session last night, that demolition tip was TOP.. the game mechanics / bonuses and generally the whole flow of the matches seems to suit this gaming style, I have yet to get to the 4000 a game.... but at least I now have the gun of the game - the P90 - and so I'm a very happy little MW2 saddo indeed.

dunno what you mean by the Javelin glitch, but i am getting a  little pissed with good scores and killstreaks getting shut down by Nukes, by both sides.. doesnt seem appropriate to shorten games like this IMO.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#104 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 04:46:30 pm
just checked out the javelin glitch... seems it will be short lived..

in retrospect I've seen it maybe a few times... XBL are being a bit harsh with the banning... yeah a few days maaayybeee... but nothing more as the hardened user / devotee will be gutted with just a few days off the game.. and after all the gamers are using code they paid for  :shrug:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#105 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 06:45:57 pm
The bans are good imo - stupid glitchers spoil real games. You need to learn that if you use them you get fucked.

They should be lucky it's only 2 weeks really - thousands have been permanently banned for Halo modding/glitching/etc in the past.

I prefer the UMP45 to the P90 Jon - works better for me.

Most overpowered weapon in the game? Akimbo 1887s - ridiculous!

Anyway, I've finally reached level 70 so I can have my life back again. Kept a KDR of 1.32 which is not bad considering I was mainly playing team deathmatch without a known team. With a good team it would have been much quicker and better KDR I suspect.

Doubt I'll bother with the Prestige Mode - what's the point of unlocking everything just to get it re-locked again? The only thing you get out of it is an extra class slot and a badge -fuck that. I'll probably try to find some other good players now to play competitive games with communication.

Have finished the campaign on Veteran but still have quite a few Spec-Ops to do on Veteran - they're pretty hard.

:off:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:53:55 pm by Bubba »

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#106 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 06:57:26 pm
Xtra class slot, that would be waaay useful after level 20 odd, didn't get that on cod4. In fact you could be in serious shit without it if everyone else has it.

That is a problem, as now there is a tenable reason to prestige.

Do you get a class addition every cycle? That would be a bit OTT IMO

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#107 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 07:08:54 pm

Yeah, you get another slot with each prestige - I'm good with 5 slots:

- AR + 1887s (tight maps, air cover not a problem)
- AR + Stingers (open maps, need to take down aircraft)
- Snipe + SMG (only use this on Wasteland really)
- LMG + Stinger (only use this on Derail and sometimes Afghan)
- SMG + 1887s (general FFA class and for Favela)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#108 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 07:15:07 pm
Christ, that gives new found longevitity and a reason to neeed to keep on the game...

Just get clarity here. I don't understand yr abbreviations above ( sorry)

you don't get a bigger perk load out? Just more class slots??

What would be cool is a bigger perk load out after... Whatever..!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#109 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 07:18:48 pm
Btw. The 90 really is a AR with sub speed. It's the favoured gun off cod4... Increases my kills by 10 per game on average

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#110 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 08, 2009, 07:45:25 pm
Just get clarity here. I don't understand yr abbreviations above ( sorry)
Sorry :)

AR = Assault Rifle
1887s = 1887 shotguns unlocked at lvl 67 - they're sick powerful and will probably get patched
LMG = Light Machine Gun
SMG = Sub Machine Gun
FFA = Free For All

you don't get a bigger perk load out? Just more class slots??
Yeah, just slots. That said, I doubt anybody has got to Prestige 10 yet so you never know there may be something else.

Strife

• regular
#111 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 09, 2009, 01:17:36 am
You also unlock new challanges and titles when you prestige. There are downsides though - I found out to my annoyance when you go back to a low level you get much less match bonus exp, when I was in the 60s I was getting over 10k exp per Demolition match easily, now I'm 1st prestige and lvl 20 I'd be lucky to get 4k.
I never play team deathmatch any more, it's just too brainless and often frustrating.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#112 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 09, 2009, 07:08:22 am
Cool.

Have to say I'm with you in the demolition all the way, with team you could b very very good at this mode.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#113 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 09, 2009, 02:20:12 pm

Anyone who's tried Spec Ops on Veteran Solo will know how fucking hard it is, but check out this rather cheeky video - probably as hard to recreate this than to do it normally but very cool.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#114 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 13, 2009, 01:52:11 am

Javelin Glitch is now patched across all platforms.

Strife

• regular
#115 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 16, 2009, 10:40:41 am

Javelin Glitch is now patched across all platforms.

And has been replaced by a new glitch. It seems that some people can now customise games in online matchmaking. I joined several games the other day with infinite ammo and no reloading. I also joined a game of Demolition that turned out to be 18 person free for all on Rust with an unlimited score limit. People on the PS3 can also hack their way to 10th prestige in a matter of minutes.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#116 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 16, 2009, 02:55:02 pm
well, firstly sounds like a 20,000 point piece of madness! is that on a ps3.. coz you cant normally modify anything of note on it..

10th prestige? what's the point? a few more class slots.. weird. unless it gives the point on your world ranking.. in whic case that's well bad.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#117 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 16, 2009, 03:31:16 pm

I guess really popular online games always take a while to iron everything out. Amazing what the glitch/modding community can find when they are unleashed.

Nearly tackled Spec-Ops on Veteran Solo, 3 levels left (apart from the 2 that need 2 players) - well 'ard!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#118 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
December 16, 2009, 06:44:01 pm
YYFY! Just finished all the solo Spec Ops on Veteran. Some of the most challenging single-player gaming I've done for years.

That leaves two missions that have to be done with 2 people. If anyone on XBL fancies doing them co-op on Veteran give me a shout.

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
#119 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 01, 2010, 09:19:26 pm
Just had my first online game. Got killed 13 times, and killed one person, not exactly Rambo.

This was in some Free for All thing. Most of the time I just got sniped or shot from behind which was a bit unsatisfactory - whats the best format game for a beginner? And whats the best weapon?

And is there a way of not hearing what I guess is the chatter of players with microphones?

Otherwise I'm enjoying the game - played CoD 4, 5 and 6 in the last few weeks as Norton lent me his 4 and 5 and then got 6 from Santa.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#120 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 01, 2010, 10:56:40 pm

FFA (Free For All) is probably the best gametype to start with. You don't have to worry about team tactics, just try to kill anything that moves.

Weapons is down to choice - I usually go with an Assault Rifle primary and a Sub-Machine Gun secondary. Just experiment and see what feels best.

There's no easy way to mute all players but you can mute individuals in the lobby and in game.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#121 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 02, 2010, 12:10:13 pm
plug a headset in and dont use it.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#122 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 02, 2010, 02:15:50 pm
whats the best format game for a beginner? And whats the best weapon?

I'd say go for (Mercenary) Team Deathmatch. If you do shoot your team mate, then they won't get hurt, but you will give away your locations on the map, but it does mean you've got half the people on the map trying to kill you rather than everyone! And there's always a chance one of your teammates will save your life. Plus you can follow everyone else and work out where's good to stand/crouch etc etc.

As far as weapons, I'd agree with Bubs. It can be so specific to the individual. When I play with Tom, we both play with a sub-machine gun as Primary, but he goes for a Mini-Uzi, and I go for something a fraction slower. If I use a Mini-Uzi, I turn too far when aiming, and miss the target. I'd def go for something with a high rate of fire (Sub-Machine Gun), and low accuracy. At first you want to run around, and get to know the level, so the chances are you're gonna be right in someone's face a lot of the time. Set up five different profiles, and see what suits.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#123 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 02, 2010, 02:39:09 pm
Also, once you get to know the maps better, you'll probably choose weapons to suit the maps too.

Eg for Highrise or Favela I use my "stabby" class which is a fast running/stealth class with a tactical knife - I basically sprint about stabbing people. On other, more open maps this would be suicide.

You might find you fall in love with sniping, or even master the Riot Shield.

That's one of the best things about this game, there's so many different ways to approach it.

Good tip on the mic Fatdoc...

A good resource for all things COD is here

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#124 Re: The Modern Warfare 2 thread
January 02, 2010, 05:01:54 pm
Once you get a p90.. Sub with AR tendancies.. You'll use it loads.

Most popular cod 4 weapon..

I got into demolition, play your perks to gain xp and use a Lmg ( rpd)

to get a load of fast level ups.. Sweet.

I have now transiently left the ADHD zone of mw2 online to thrash through dragonage.. Christ, my life is taken.  I'm a Mage and I'm lovin the vanquish and death... Gaming is soooo good!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal