• forum hero
#25 Re: Grit flick
November 03, 2009, 09:38:19 pm

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#26 Re: Grit flick
November 08, 2009, 09:42:06 am
Anyone seen it yet? The DVD turned up yesterday so I'll be getting stuck into it over the next day or two. Will report back.

It's a little mediocre overall as a film, and Alistair Lee's wacky subtitles are as annoying as they are on everything else.
However, his editing is often great, and GF has some really inspiring footage, and actually engaging dialouge / comment from climbers, the section with Lucy C on slab and crack i liked particularly. The Caff / Geldard bits had their moments too, i thought, a mix of inspiring climbing with a good bit of banter.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#27 Re: Grit flick
November 08, 2009, 11:46:33 am
 :agree:

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
#28 Re: Grit flick
November 27, 2009, 02:10:35 pm
I bought this with Progression and watched both this week when indoors with a cold  :( :(
I actually quite liked it: after all the hypey slick films, it was nice to see a film which captured the essence of gritstone climbing as experienced by most people (OK, most at lower grades but the experience we aspire to is the same). I didn't like the title pages, but the actual climbing and variety of situations was good.

The bit I liked best was the top out on the off-width at Brimham I think. Truly horrendous.

Buy both, I'd say.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal