UKBouldering.com

Peak grit bouldering recommendations 6b-7b (Read 11031 times)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
The boulder on which The Ultimate Gritstone Experience, Touch Winky etc. live was found to be unstable recently (by the National Park?). I don't think it has been stabilised yet.

Never noticed it moving and there has never been any obvious sign that it is unstable (though I haven't looked that closely) but Sloper has been on it in the last few months so you would have thought that it would have been apparent then if it ever was going to be.  ;)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Some guy sent me that report about the boulder moving, seemed a bit far fetched to me but I circulated it around. Haven't heard anyone confirm it since but I have had a few reports from folk who've been and not noticed anything. So I wouldn't let it put you off.

yorkshirewarcry

• player
The boulder on which The Ultimate Gritstone Experience, Touch Winky etc. live was found to be unstable recently (by the National Park?). I don't think it has been stabilised yet.

Never noticed it moving and there has never been any obvious sign that it is unstable (though I haven't looked that closely) but Sloper has been on it in the last few months so you would have thought that it would have been apparent then if it ever was going to be.  ;)

I hear Sloper had been hitting the gym...was this gym-going a result of the boulder being "de-stabilised" while he was trying the problem perhaps?  ;)

nik at work

• forum hero
Gin, not gym.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
According to the man himself he has been hitting the gym but there is no sign of it doing any good yet.

With regard to Sloper destabilising the UGE bloc - I seem to remember that the rumours of it moving pre-dating that but I let him have first go on it anyway just in case it was true so he could go for the flash.  ;)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
Where is the Ultimate Gritstone Experience bloc? And does it have The Art of Wearing White Hats on it too? Where are all these amazing problems, which I've only briefly heard rumour of? They aren't in Ru's guide.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
The Art of White Hat Wearing is on the edge towards the far left end. It's on a right facing vertical wall with a rib/ shallow corner running up it.

TUGE block is found by following the wide track along from Trackside quite a long way. Go up at the fork, and it overhangs the track.

redcal

Was on U.G.E on thursday, it felt stable and was worth the random trip through the woods. Im not the heaviest of people tho...

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
Where is the Ultimate Gritstone Experience bloc? And does it have The Art of Wearing White Hats on it too? Where are all these amazing problems, which I've only briefly heard rumour of? They aren't in Ru's guide.

Think it is in Ru's guide, but only in the text. Have a read. Think you follow the obvious path from trackside along wall and take a right hand fork up hill after a bit. It's right next to a very obvious path so don't be tempted to take any earlier forks that aren't so obvious. Was on it last winter and noticed no instability. Good problem, has to be flashed as doesn't leave any skin for the second attempt.

Recommendations
Jerry's Traverse (cratcliff)
Hemline, Piss, Shit all low, fairly good landings and short walk in.

dave

Isn't there some word on the street about that ultimate grit shit thing falling down the hillside or did i dream it?

BenF

• forum hero
Isn't there some word on the street about that ultimate grit shit thing falling down the hillside or did i dream it?

No, you probably read it half a dozen posts earlier in the thread. ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal