UKBouldering.com

Font Film to End all Font Films - "Between The Trees" (Read 81731 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#25 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 29, 2009, 11:24:36 pm
I'll buy a copy but only if you get that yoof to give us a definitive grade on Crescent Arete.

(please let it be 8a, I'd love to have done an 8a)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#26 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 12:42:34 am
The plan is to make a DVD available along with a download option. This is not yet set in stone, so hearing feedback from you lot is still welcome.

As for last years donation based system, it was something interesting that I wanted to do. It was for my own curiosity and I thought it was an interesting experiment. All this stuff about people who enjoyed but didn't donate is a load of BS. I think other people may care more than I do. At the end of the day, I just want people to enjoy the films and enjoy their time out on the rocks.

I do appreciate the sentiments though. Neil is correct in his assertion that the real world is expensive, so perhaps I should consider moving back to Maisonbleau!  ;D

I am planning on making this film cheaper than any other climbing DVD and this is for a few reasons.
1. I am going to try and distribute (totally or partially) myself, which means less middle men, which means I can make the same money but you get it for less.
2. I think £20 for a DVD is preposterous. I know (or am beginning to learn) about the amount of work that goes into making a film, but at the same time I'm not trying to become a millionaire. I want to price this DVD at what I would be personally willing to pay for the greatest bouldering film, featuring the greatest problems, in the greatest climbing area, being climbed by the greatest climber in the world*.
3. Download option is nearly costless to me, apart from paying hosting and server fees. The digital age is great isn't it?
4. Other reasons.

*Greatest climber being defined by he who is having the most fun! 

Anyway, enjoy the climbing. Enjoy Font. BOOM!

As for Crescent arete, it's 5+ isn't it? Have I just lost a sale?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#27 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 06:49:13 am
DVD would be nice if it had a decent booklet, otherwise a downloadable HD version would be better in my opinion.  Unless you're doing BluRay?   ;)

As far as donation goes, I know how much goes into making a film so it surprises me.  However, you've got a good attitude to it and as long as you're happy with your experiment, that's fine.

You do realise Sloper will now say that Crescent Arete is 4 if you have technique.  Power is nothing without control, eh Keith?   :P

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#28 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 08:30:08 am
back to main topic of thread,

he's a very flowing climber to watch... cool!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#29 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 09:23:21 am
I see your point Dave, but if I remember correctly from Uncles blog he stated only three people made any kind of donation.

Hate to be pedantic but it wasn't three people who donated. It was something like 16.

:off:

DubDom

• menacing presence
#30 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 09:29:08 am
Unc just make sure you have full clearance on music if you are going to sell it, just in case that one jumps up and bites you in the arse at a later date.

Duma

• forum hero
#31 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 09:36:27 am
I see your point Dave, but if I remember correctly from Uncles blog he stated only three people made any kind of donation.
Hate to be pedantic but it wasn't three people who donated. It was something like 16.
this makes me feel quite special

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#32 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 10:58:38 am

Spot on

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#33 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 12:18:00 pm

I do appreciate the sentiments though. Neil is correct in his assertion that the real world is expensive, so perhaps I should consider moving back to Maisonbleau!  ;D

:-\

As for Crescent arete, it's 5+ isn't it? Have I just lost a sale?

slpoer is to tight to buy a copy anyhow, so dont worry

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#34 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
September 30, 2009, 08:12:58 pm
Footage looks ace... nice one unc. I'll certainly cough up some hard-earned. Hate to say something negative, but I thought you lot were too good to stoop to the fucking-massive-tick-marks mentality.
yours, slightly disappointed of sheffield

220bpm

• player
  • In my lungs, and sometimes up my nose...
    • My pictures
#35 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 01, 2009, 01:36:00 pm
Gerrin there lad, totally impressed by yer first effort. Expect great things from Font II  :thumbsup:

erm, sam

• forum hero
#36 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 01, 2009, 07:05:13 pm

People may not donate for a number of reasons. Not just because they are evil. Somebody I know LOVED the film, corresponded with Keith about how he though it was great, yet still didn't get round to donating. He was going to sort K dog out with some teeshirts from the company he worked for, though he secretly thought the brand was too shit really, but never quite got round to it. I He met Keith at random and gushingly admitted his guilt, shame and promised to move the earth to put things right. He did definitely get the impression that Keith was not that arsed. Either that or his new company had nothing to offer the man who has everything. So, don't be too hasty to judge. Have you always every time done everything you ment to? Never missed an anniversary, slacked off on that mothers day card? Missed a funeral? You know, we are all falafel.
Anyway, back on topic:

Ackbar

• player
#37 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 01, 2009, 08:09:23 pm
Looks a bit homoerotic.  But I guess the forest has that effect  :kiss1:

Will you be shipping the DVD abroad?  I have some Euro's burning a hole in my Lederhousen.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#38 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 02, 2009, 07:09:57 am

People may not donate for a number of reasons......

It was a simple clarification of numbers, Jasper has made no comment as to whether people should or shouldn't have donated (and has indicated that it may have been beneficial giving L'Etranger away).

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#39 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 02, 2009, 07:21:32 am
Anyone know how many downloads there were in total?

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#40 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 02, 2009, 08:55:17 am
Anyone know how many downloads there were in total?
]

Well i've been seeding it as a torrent since keith asked, after donating a few quid for the hardcopies of the dvd.

:ang:

Azeurus seems to think i'm seeding it with a share ratio of 57348. this confuses me as my grasp of maths appears to be leading me to the conclusion that i have effectively uploaded 57,348 copies....this obviously isn't the case...

Cheers
Tim

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#41 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 02, 2009, 01:06:26 pm
Looks a bit homoerotic.  But I guess Unc's 7-pack has that effect  :shag:

andy_e

• forum hero
#42 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 02, 2009, 04:51:52 pm
I've seeded 54gb of uploads on it so that means 27ish full copies, but you can't really tell as that's divided by the number of other available seeds etc. or some other torrent bumph i don't quite get.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#43 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 03, 2009, 07:11:01 am
i didn't donate any money to keith for l'etranger yet i thought it was "prob" the best climbing film i have ever seen. why did i not donate any money? simply because i didn't need to, that my friends is it, the sole reason, nothing malicious, not because i'm tight with money, no other reason that people seem to be searching for.
when keith comes to sell the new font vid with tyler in i will gladly pay 20 if he asks for 20. i've seen a few of the problems, ie the day they were shot, and would gladly pay that for 25 ish problems let alone the ridiculously staggering amount there actually is.
basically looking at my psychology for the above i'm prob trying to say if something comes over the ether i'm not going to pay for it, if i get a disc in my hand with a photo of tyler tops off then i'll gladly cough up some notes. which in itself is kinda weird since you'd think more people would pay to see young boys tops off over the ether, its a crazy world

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#44 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 06, 2009, 09:39:58 am
So here's another little teaser, lighter than scrambled eggs with nutmeg;

Also, thanks to the people who helped seed L'Étranger. I couldn't answer exactly how many downloads there were in total, but including how many people watched in on bleau.info, I would say it was certainly over 5000.

Shipping will be worldwide, from Mongolia to Tuvalu.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#45 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 06, 2009, 09:47:29 am
Teasers are doing their thing  :bow: :bounce:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#46 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 06, 2009, 03:12:07 pm
Ok. I am well and truely teased Keith!  :bounce:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#47 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 06, 2009, 05:31:03 pm
looks great uncle, is that track the french euro vision entry from a couple years ago?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#48 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 06, 2009, 09:02:47 pm
Yes I agree. Had this same discussion before and I said exactly what you're saying. It is odd, I'm just saying it may well have been a blessing in disguise as I think it will mean many more people pay for this film.
I watched, liked, and paid: you've gotta respect the sheer time and effort let alone quality of the thing.
However we all do what we do, so I think tight gits are as unlikely to stump up second time around as they were the first.
Unless there's a solid price to be paid before watching it and they can't contain themselves of course... :-\

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
#49 Re: Font Film to End all Font Films
October 07, 2009, 09:54:53 am
So here's another little teaser, lighter than scrambled eggs with nutmeg;

Looks real good, but wtf is that green line that comes shooting through at 36 seconds in?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal