UKBouldering.com

Wanted: baby carrier (Read 3384 times)

andyh

• stalker
Wanted: baby carrier
September 25, 2009, 01:59:55 pm
Was gonna buy one of those baby carrier backpack thingies as a present for someone.

Then I saw how much the decent ones cost!

If anyone has a good quality one in good nick that they no longer need, then let me know how much you want for it.

Based in S Manc

Cheers

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 25, 2009, 04:45:24 pm
when we were looking the only half decent ones were nearly as much as a new one.

Good luck

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 26, 2009, 09:15:52 am
Was just about to put ours up for sale (on here or ukc)

It is in really good condition - we had a secondhand one for first year and a half and then got the new one for a trip to the dollies - she started walking when we got back so hardly used it after.

Have lots of pictures and was gonna upload them somewhere for when we sell it but not done it yet (can email you if interested)

It is Macpac Vamoose (I think £160-200 new) and has all the jazz - sun shield thing, rain cover, fully adjustable, removable mini rucksac on it.... It is size 2.

Also got the cushion head rest thing (normally £10 extra I think)

Think the missus wants £85 for it (it is in mint condition)

If you (or anyone else interested) also got a 'All terrain' Mountain Buggy which we will be selling, again in good condition (used more than the vamoose though!) but I don't know what sort of price we want yet...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 26, 2009, 09:21:50 am
From experience on this, you're better spending a bit more and getting a good one, whether new or second hand.
Our first was sub 100 quid, and after numerous Munros the lower back padding went and it started to dig in.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 26, 2009, 09:28:21 am
This is what happend to us - got cheap secondhand one and it was wack. In the end I was the only one who could carry it (years of carrying heavy climbing packs) but it was pretty uncomfy after 15mins so then had to buy the new one.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 26, 2009, 09:45:52 am
I'd snap El Mochos hand off at that price (if I was looking for a baby carrier that is!)

Any of the Macpac ones are good, the real difference in them is the back system. The more you spend the better it is but even the most basic Macpac one is good.

The Lifeventure ones are also worth a look at and are quite
reasonably priced. I had a second hand Wynster one that was surprisngly good though.

nik at work

• forum hero
#6 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 26, 2009, 03:28:41 pm
We have one that sounds very similar to El Mocho's. However my missus is an undercutting sharp trader and is after a mere 75 notes for it. I'll check the specs ce soir.

BVT

#7 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 26, 2009, 10:18:24 pm
There are always loads of these on Ebay, but they often go for gormless prices.  Saying that, there are still bargains to be had if you don't get carried away.  We recently landed a Bush Baby Premier for £40, good as new, with an original retail of £140.  Watch out for things like sun and rain covers thrown in, because they can add quite a bit if you have to get them afterwards.

andyh

• stalker
#8 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 29, 2009, 09:51:55 am
Thanks all,

I have a couple of options in the pipeline, but if those don't work out then I'll be back in the market in the next couple of days.

Cheers

dave

#9 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 29, 2009, 09:55:01 am
for this kind of thing second hand try location your local NCT nearly new sales, they're usually every 6 months or so. uber bargains can be had.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#10 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 29, 2009, 10:17:40 am
NCT?

dave

#11 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 29, 2009, 10:22:02 am

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#12 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 29, 2009, 10:28:01 am
Cheers Dave, good knowledge. Could save me a bob or two.

dave

#13 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
September 29, 2009, 10:30:19 am
word another tip is these sales tend to be quite busy, quoes outside before it opens and the best bargains go fast, so getting in there first can be key if you're after something specific. NCT members get let in before non-members.

andyh

• stalker
#14 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
October 08, 2009, 12:30:29 pm
Cheers for all the offers guys, managed to get a decent nick Little Lifer one for a good price in the end.

Was also given the knowledge that if you want new then TK Maxx is the place to go.

Good luck with the ebaying :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#15 Re: Wanted: baby carrier
October 08, 2009, 01:44:56 pm
We have a Little Life one. It's sound.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal