UKBouldering.com

Backspacer (Read 1590 times)

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Backspacer
September 23, 2009, 10:07:16 pm
While I understand that Pearl Jam may not be the most popular band on these forums, I'm sure there's more than just me who is a fan. Personally Backspacer is the best album they've done since Yield. Ok, it's short but every song fills the space perfectly and the middle 3 tracks are truely stuuning, as is The End.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1 Re: Backspacer
September 24, 2009, 04:40:44 pm
Downloaded it Monday evening and haven't given it a proper listen yet but it's definately the best thing they've done for years. Very joyful and bright sounding...

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#2 Re: Backspacer
October 04, 2009, 10:45:27 pm
While I understand that Pearl Jam may not be the most popular band on these forums, I'm sure there's more than just me who is a fan. Personally Backspacer is the best album they've done since Yield. Ok, it's short but every song fills the space perfectly and the middle 3 tracks are truely stuuning, as is The End.

Been listening to it a lot over the last week or so. I think that not only is it fookin marvellous, it gets better as well. Almost a shame it's only a tad over half an hour long, although brevity is an often underrated virtue, in music and movies...

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3 Re: Backspacer
October 10, 2009, 11:51:31 pm
As you two obviously know the truth, can I whole heartedly give the new Alice in Chains opus a big :great:. I truely thought that once Layne has succumed to his addiction that they would be no more, but I have been happly (if that is a word you can use around AIC) proved wrong. Black turns to Blue is the album AIC should have made after Dirt and Jar of Flies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal